British Royal Family Current Events 6: April-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 4h
Another unannounced engagement: William, Kate, and Harry gave a reception for their charities forum at Kensington Palace yesterday.

Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor 1h
The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh will meet Walking With The Wounded teams with Prince Harry on Wed 13 November.

Joe Little ‏@MajestyMagazine 4h
The Queen and Prince Philip will meet Walking With The Wounded teams @supportthewalk with Prince Harry at Buckingham Palace tomorrow. 1/2

Joe Little ‏@MajestyMagazine 4h
The royal couple will meet wounded UK, US & Commonwealth servicemen & women ahead of the South Pole Allied Challenge 2013. @supportthewalk

Last edited:
Last edited:
Joint father & son engagement next week;

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 7m
Prince William will join his father Prince Charles at a meeting of United for Wildlife at the Zoological Society of London on Nov 26.

Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes 3m
Pity Prince George is too young to go to @zsllondonzoo with dad & grandpa. The Meet Santa experience would be a great start to his 1st Xmas!

Martin ‏@MartinRoyalUK 2h
The Queen and Prince Philip were joined by Princess Anne and Princess Michael of Kent at the poetry reception at Buckingham Palace earlier.

Last edited:
JB ‏@Royal_beans 9m
REMINDER: Prince Charles, President of WWF UK, and Prince William, Patron of The Royal Foundation, will visit the Zoological Society, Nov 26

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 2h
Charles and William have visited the tigers at @zsllondonzoo. The keepers spray perfume to stimulate their scent marking attributes ...(1/2)

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 2h
...the favourite scents of the tigers at @zsllondonzoo who "met" the royals are Old Spice and Jo Malone. (2/2)

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 24m
Prince William, seeking to save African wildlife from poachers, says: "Hopefully, next year I will get to go out to Kenya sometime."

Prince William and Prince Charles in fight to end wildlife poaching-
http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...nce-Charles-in-fight-to-end-wildlife-poaching

Pictures:
Inside the 'United for Wildlife' Meeting-
http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/UYkH1khcpdH/Inside+United+Wildlife+Meeting/mQOBCOqxreJ/Prince+William

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4znNc7nzQMA

Last edited:
Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 5h
Unannounced reception at Windsor Castle: The Queen and Prince Philip gave a Reception for the Association of Royal Yachtsmen.

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 5h
The Duke of York, with Princess Beatrice of York, and The Princess Royal and Vice Admiral Sir Tim Laurence were also present.

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 2m
William's training to be king -- with Kate, the prince will attend tonight's annual Diplomatic Reception hosted by the Queen at Buck Palace.

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 1m
There are 172 foreign missions in the UK. In the Palace ballroom, the Queen -- and William and Kate -- will meet every head of mission

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 2m
William's training to be king -- with Kate, the prince will attend tonight's annual Diplomatic Reception hosted by the Queen at Buck Palace.

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 1m
There are 172 foreign missions in the UK. In the Palace ballroom, the Queen -- and William and Kate -- will meet every head of mission

Same source says white tie event but no pictures.

Marry a reigning monarch, crown prince or princess and in the UK the heir-to the-heir and the job is yours. ;)

Thanks, but no thanks. I already married a surly Englishman.:p

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 1h

There are 172 foreign missions in the UK. In the Palace ballroom, the Queen -- and William and Kate -- will meet every head of mission.

No images will be released of tonight's white tie annual Diplomatic Reception

I'm hoping some pictures will emerge of this grand event. Such a shame they stopped pictures and videos of this event.

Last edited:
No photos;

@RoyalCentral: Prince William and Kate are at a white tie Diplomatic reception with The Queen at the Palace today, though no photos will be released.

I wonder why there will be no photo's released. Does anyone know the reason behind this?

The lack of photo's from the annual Diplomatic Reception is both mystifying and annoying. Do they hope to keep it a secret, and if so why ?

Are they afraid the populace may resent the existence of White Tie occasions, and storm the gates ?

The lack of photo's from the annual Diplomatic Reception is both mystifying and annoying. Do they hope to keep it a secret, and if so why ?

Are they afraid the populace may resent the existence of White Tie occasions, and storm the gates ?

This is how it has been managed for years. There are photos released sometimes. I posted one earlier in this thread.

Just cos William and Catherine are attending, why should HMQ change? It is not mystifying - it is how it has always been.

PS - no one cared to complain about this before.

Are there usually pictures of the Annual Diplomatic Reception?

This is how it has been managed for years. There are photos released sometimes. I posted one earlier in this thread.

Just cos William and Catherine are attending, why should HMQ change? It is not mystifying - it is how it has always been.

PS - no one cared to complain about this before.

Thank you that answered my question above. Yes I think peoples are getting up arms or suspicious because William and Catherine are gong to be there. The Queen shouldn't have to change anything just be because of them, It fine the way it is. Peoples will just have to deal with it that there not gong to be photos for 1 night.

No one really knows why the British royals has stopped being seen in their royal regalia on a regular bases. I happen to think the media and public opinion is the cause. I think the some of the media and public is way to hard on the British royals but love it when the other European royals put on they're very best for these kind of events.

I was kind of surprised that this event was even mentioned because it usually slip by without an announcement, pictures and video. You don't even know this event took place if no one say anything about it. I guess because William & Catherine will be attending the royal reporters decided to bring it to the public's attention.

I have always thought it was a shame that this great and important event takes place without much notice and with the royals in they're very best.

Last edited:

I would think it would be mostly a matter of security. Not in security around Buckingham Palace itself, but perhaps the photo identities and whereabouts of the 172 foreign ambassadors that are scheduled to attend.

You have to admit its pretty impressive to realize that in one room, there will be representatives of just about every nation on the planet. Its not a gawk and awe event.

Then again I could be totally off base. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom