British Royal Family Current Events 6: April-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the video of this walkabout by The Queen her age was very noticeable - at one point she appeared to be more shuffling than actually walking and even a slight stumble (I have watched the video a number of times to check) It is a little stumble but something I noticed because it was the sort of thing many of my elderly lady friends do.

She did look down at him in the video but she knew what he was doing.

I think its great that there are different ways of showing respect for a monarch. Its good to keep traditions alive especially when so many traditions are being lost. I admire that soldier who decided to do what he felt and knew was appropriate for who he is and what his people believe. Good for him. On the other hand, when people think its o.k. to touch the Queen, they either are ignorant or just plain dont care.

I think its great that there are different ways of showing respect for a monarch. Its good to keep traditions alive especially when so many traditions are being lost. I admire that soldier who decided to do what he felt and knew was appropriate for who he is and what his people believe. Good for him. On the other hand, when people think its o.k. to touch the Queen, they either are ignorant or just plain dont care.

Wow, I wasn't aware of that custom, obviously not being from Fiji. I thought people only bowed/curtsied and/or shook hands upon meeting the Queen. I was, however, taught as a youngster to show respect for my elders.

I think it is just as respectful to others that HMQ makes the effort to remember all of the customs, both new and historic of her subjects.

Queen Elizabeth, the Earl and Countess of Wessex, the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester and the Duke of Kent attended a reception for the Winners of the Queens Award for Enterprise 2013 at Buckingham Palace on July 23, 2013.

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

The Duke of York, along with Beatrice and Eugenie, also attended.

ITNSource has clips of the event. I love it when they all greet each other by kissing their cheeks. Very cute.

ITN Source.

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 48m
#royal The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry will play in the Audi Polo Challenge at Coworth Park, Berkshire on Saturday 3rd August.

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 44m
#royal #william #harry polo match in aid of charities @SkillForceUK & @royalmarsden Cancer Charity, of which Duke is Patron & President

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 40m
The Duke of Cambridge, Patron of SkillForce and Prince Harry, Patron of WellChild, will attend BGC Partners Charity Day on Sept 11.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 32m
Always fun those days when the royals go on the trading floors to raise money for charity.

Prince Edward, Sophie, Princess Anne and Tim on their way to Crathie Church in Balmoral on Sunday 25th August. I think green/brown was the colour code...

Royals

Clarence House ‏@ClarenceHouse 3h
We have got a packed week of events for you! Five of our members of the #RoyalFamily are busy helping good causes this week. More soon...

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 43m
Three senior royals -- Princes Charles, William and Harry -- will attend the funeral of their friend Hugh van Cutsem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom