British Royal Family Current Events 5: July 2011-March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I typed the wrong names as I was looking at an image of the Cambridge's as I typed my post after I had see the image of Ella with her brother and sister-in-law!

Lady Ella looks very festive in that red dress!

Just a question: Do Peter and Autumn live in London?

I know they have (or had) a home on Anne's Gatcombe estate. Earlier this year I read that they had a place in London which surprised me because I didn't realize that they were wealthy enough to be able to afford a London home, too, though I suppose Peter did inherit something from the Queen Mother. I can't remember where I read this, but I think it was in reference to Peter starting up his sports management company. Anybody else know more?

I'm sure they are comfortable enough to afford a place in London from inheritance or trust or his mother would have bought it for them. And the place at Gatcombe would be a home on the estate his mother owns. in fact didnt Tim and Anne first try to live in London apartment/condo rather than at SJP - Peter and Autumn could very well be in an apt that she owns.

I know they have (or had) a home on Anne's Gatcombe estate. Earlier this year I read that they had a place in London which surprised me because I didn't realize that they were wealthy enough to be able to afford a London home, too, though I suppose Peter did inherit something from the Queen Mother. I can't remember where I read this, but I think it was in reference to Peter starting up his sports management company. Anybody else know more?
I read that they are living in London

Harry will make a big splash in the New Year. He will shoulder some of the appearances as Catherine and William are transitioning to Kensington Palace.
They're like the three amigos haha.

Since December 3, when Kate was admitted to hospital, every article in the DM starts off with "The Duchess, who is less than 12 weeks pregnant" :ROFLMAO:

Catherine is going to give the Daily Mail fits over the next 6 months hahaha

Last edited:
I am reading online that the Queen, in an unprecedented move, has invited Mr. and Mrs. Middleton to Sandringham for Christmas. Can anyone confirm this? If you google it, you will see a few mentions from today..

No, I don't think the Middleton's are invited to Sandringam for Christmas. It's usually just a family thing on Christmas. Charles & camilla usually hold a pre-Christmas gathering for close friends before The Queen arrives at Sandringham. After Christmas The Queen & Duke of Edinburgh usually host guest at Sandringham amd they attend church with her. So if the Middletons go to Sandringham, it will only be for Charles's pre-Christmas gathering or as The Queen's guest after the family's Christmas celebrations.

I am reading online that the Queen, in an unprecedented move, has invited Mr. and Mrs. Middleton to Sandringham for Christmas. Can anyone confirm this? If you google it, you will see a few mentions from today..

I would be surprised if anybody could confirm it until they see the Middletons walking to church with the royal family on Christmas Day. However, I would not be surprised if she invited them for Boxing Day. Now that Kate seems to be doing better with her HG, the media has stopped speculating that she will stay at Bucklebury for Christmas by reversing the story and putting the Middletons at Sandringham! :lol:

I would be surprised if anybody could confirm it until they see the Middletons walking to church with the royal family on Christmas Day. However, I would not be surprised if she invited them for Boxing Day. Now that Kate seems to be doing better with her HG, the media has stopped speculating that she will stay at Bucklebury for Christmas by reversing the story and putting the Middletons at Sandringham! :lol:
I agree with you:flowers: I don't believe she inveted them for Christmas day and I can't see the Middletons walking to the church with the royal family (but it would be very funny:ROFLMAO:). Although I think they will be there for Boxing Day

Richard Palmer@RoyalReporter
The Queen and Prince Philip left for their Christmas holiday at Sandringham today, taking a scheduled train from London to Norfolk.

The Middletons may be there for Boxing Day as Christopher Rhys Jones (Sophie's father) has been known to attend Boxing Day and has been seem walking to church with the Royals on Boxing Day.

I always love that the Queen takes a train to Sandringham, whereas her guests all arrive in 2/3 cars for one family.

Last edited:
The Middletons may be there for Boxing Day as Christopher Rhys Jones (Sophie's father) has been known to attend Boxing Day and has been seem walking to church with the Royals on Boxing Day.

I always love that the Queen takes a train to Sandringham, whereas her guests all arrive in 2/3 cars for one family.

Thank you for mentioning Sophie's dad because I have always known this and the Middletons are the ones portrayed in the tabloids as being the only 'outside' family around the royals

British Royals@britishroyals
The Queen's Christmas message will be broadcast in 3D for the first time 3pm on Christmas Day

Thank you for mentioning Sophie's dad because I have always known this and the Middletons are the ones portrayed in the tabloids as being the only 'outside' family around the royals

Edward's parents and Sophie's father have, according to the press, always had a good relationship. At the time of their wedding it was reported that the Queen wanted to make an effort to include her in-law's as she felt she had not done this with her other children's in-laws. The Rhys Jones' attended Ascot for years, and now Christopher rides in one of the carriages at Ascot, even when Sophie or Edward don't. Christopher also attended the Thanksgiving Service at St George's Chapel for the Queen's 80th Birthday. Ever since Sophie's mother died the Queen has appeared to make an effort to include Christopher as much as possible. There are even images of him having a jolly good time with Princess Michael at Ascot this year. Christopher often attends the day the Royals attend The Chelsea Flower Show, and this year he went with Edward and Sophie to Canada in September.

The press make such a big deal of the Middleton's being included when the My Rhys Jones has been included for years.

Last edited:
The Queen really try to include the in-laws now. It's like the Cambridges have yet to attend Royal Ascot but The Queen makes sure to extend an invitation to the Middleton's.

I'm sure Catherine and Sophie appreciate it.

I am wondering about Mike Tindall's and Autumn's family

Would they have the chance to join the RF at Sandringham too?

I am not sure about the Tindall's and Autumn's family. Perhaps Autumn's family not so much as they live in Canada, but I imagine Mike's family have attended at some point?

I am not sure about the Tindall's and Autumn's family. Perhaps Autumn's family not so much as they live in Canada, but I imagine Mike's family have attended at some point?
maybe Mike's family will be there for Boxing Day as well. It's a pity Autumn can't be with her family at Christmas:sad:

Nice to see The Queen & Duke of Edinburgh arriving at Sandringham. They really try to get the place ready before the family start arriving. I have read and heard the family arrive in seniority.

I'm not sure that I would want to go to Sandringham if my daughter/son married into the royal family. I would imagine its rather overpowering and not relaxing for an outsider - its the same with any family really because each family has its own way of doing things. What would we have in common? What would we talk about? And the media pack breathing down my neck and the DM Trolls howling for my blood (taken over from the Boxing Day Hunt) because as a commoner I'd been invited.

And these people also have other family that they want to be with. When I think about the issues it just goes to show that their dilemmas are the same as everyone elses. You can't be everywhere at once!

I think it's hard for outsiders to understand that although they may be royal, the royal family are just like all other families out there. They come together for the holidays and just enjoy each others company. I'm sure they play games, tell jokes, catch up on what's going on in each other lives, eat and be merry. From what I understand the royals kick their feet up and just relax.

I think their guest also enjoy themselves when they are entertained by the royal family. The gatherings not stiff, starchy and totally formal as it used to be. I know the articles that's published about the royals Christmases sound like a total nightmare and uncomfortable but I think it's a relaxed atmostphere and the young royals enjoy themselves.

I still think it is daunting for outsiders. The royals are definitely comfortable among themselves. But inviting "in-laws", ie THe Tindells or the Kelly's.

Servants, protocols, etc - no, if I was an in-law I wouldn't want to be there.

I've heard they are very welcoming to their guest. The Queen makes sure everything is ready for her guest and she makes them feel at home. The royals know that outsiders are expecting things to be very scary because they have this preconceived idea of what's it's like being amongst the family. I have heard people say they were nervous at first but the royals have a way of making everyone relaxed so they can have an enjoyable time.

The Middleton's have had lunch with The Queen and royal family a couple of times. That's what they do at Windsor before they head out to Royal Ascot. I'm sure they do fine whenever they are with the royals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom