British Royal Family Current Events 5: July 2011-March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone looks great. I'm sure they're all having a marvelous time.

I'd love to be one of the people sitting up in the royal box with them. Anyways I'm dead tired so gonna head out for a bit. Got a busy remainder of the day. If I hear/see anything else I'll post.

Oh well guess I'm not going anywhere yet...
RoyalReporter Richard Palmer @

@Kristinazzz9191 Gary's just gone walkabout in the audience and got mobbed. He's just introducing Marcus from X-Factor.

RoyalReporter Richard Palmer

Everybody in the Albert Hall except the royal party (and the press) was waving their arms to Patience there.

Standing ovation for Marcus Collins there.

I'd love to be one of the people sitting up in the royal box with them. Anyways I'm dead tired so gonna head out for a bit. Got a busy remainder of the day. If I hear/see anything else I'll post.

Oh well guess I'm not going anywhere yet...

That would be a treat.

Totally. Now I'm wondering if Gary may try to pull one of the royals up onto the stage or something. Would be quite a moment wouldn't it?

Gary Barlow urges fans to vote for Jason Donovan on the BBC's Strictly, which competes with ITV's X Factor. "Not that we watch that show."

lmao so now we have marketing involved in this show, quite amusing

Totally. Now I'm wondering if Gary may try to pull one of the royals up onto the stage or something. Would be quite a moment wouldn't it?

:ROFLMAO: Now THAT alone would be worth the price of the ticket, which is undoubtably very high.

:ROFLMAO: Now THAT alone would be worth the price of the ticket, which is undoubtably very high.
For sure. I think most of the audience would leave very satisfied if something like that happened.

All you William and Kate fans remember this one from 07's Concert for Diana?
PrincesTrust The Prince's Trust

Marcus Collins, then Jason Donovan followed by @GBarlowOfficial and Back For Good - the crowd goes wild! #GarybarlowRAH

1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Barlow sang. Back for Good, which Kate danced to at the Diana concert just after she and William got back together. Not tonight.
aw no encore performance from Kate tonight.

SPerryPeoplemag Simon Perry

Olly Murs rocking a cover of Shine with @GBarlowOfficial
from CNN
We have a camera with the Duchess of Cambridge, William, Charles and Camilla on their night out tonight. Full coverage tomorrow.

@queenvicmirror is on her feet, dancing. No sign of the saame in the royal box.
Jeez! talk about difference in atmosphere compared to back in 07

Right the show's ending

Will there be an encore...? Of course! #GarybarlowRAH

Massive thanks to Lulu and @ollyofficial for performing tonight - you were both amazing! #GarybarlowRAH
Judy_Wade Judy Wade

Barlow gig ends with We Could Rule the World audience takes roof off R Albert Hall. Oops encore Faith
MiddletonsUnite Mini Middleton ♔

Loved how Kate sang back to good tonight. Last time she sang that was at Diana's concert when she just got back with William :')

Applause from the royal box as Barlow goes through his encore. Delirium elsewhere. William and kate get a standing ovation.

The royal party are off to meet the stars after the show now.

Last edited:
For sure. I think most of the audience would leave very satisfied if something like that happened.

All you William and Kate fans remember this one from 07's Concert for Diana?
aw no encore performance from Kate tonight.

from CNN

I do remember that (and that was I believe the only song from that group that got released in the States).

^I remember being like who's Take That when I watched the concert and then I heard Back for Good and for some reason recognized it so I guess it was there most popular song.

Looks like the shows over. Most if not all the pics are up by now on various agencies. Now we just wait for video. I'm heading off now I'll be back a little later to see if there's any updates.

SPerryPeoplemag Simon Perry

@GBarlowOfficial ends with Never Forget and the crowd's on its feet to cheer off a waving Will & Kate and Charles and Camilla

Massive thanks to all who helped make tonight & last night a success - two amazing gigs! #garybarlowRAH

theroyaleditor Robert Jobson

Express says Kate's got the real X Factor

The royal party have met the stars and have left now.

Last edited:
Ghostnight, thanks for all your great and real-time coverage of the events. You always give me a chuckle when you say you've got to run and yet stick around on the threads feeding us more info. Like many of us, you just can't tear yourself away! :flowers:

Last edited:
That's great to see all of them together. They seem to enjoy a lot of each other's compagny. I'll hope that this harmony is going to go on!

The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh hosted a reception to celebrate exploration and adventure
at Buckingham Palace on December 8, 2011. The Princess Royal with husband Tim Laurence and
the Duchess of Gloucester were present as well.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

This was posted on my twitter. A nice start to the year for the Cambridges and Harry.

Elisa_Roche Elisa Roche
On 8th Jan Princes William & Harry plus Kate Middleton will attend the UK premiere of War Horse with Steven Spielberg in Leicester Sq

Honesty, I would like to see them during more serious events. Balls, galas and premieres are only a part of royal life.

I think given the fact that this film deals with 2 of the Windsors' very favourite things - the military and horses - it's not surprising that they've chosen to go to this premiere. Also the fact that it's a British film, based on a story by a British author and is getting significant Oscar buzz, I'm sure there's some sort of BAFTA tie in there somewhere.

Remember also that the Queen and the DoE chose to go and see War Horse privately when it was on the stage in the West End.

When is the Royal Familiy's christmas lunch at buckingham palace?

Honesty, I would like to see them during more serious events. Balls, galas and premieres are only a part of royal life.

Hope this will qualify as 'more serious':

Diary Alert: it's 19 Dec (The Sun Military Awards) & 21 Dec (Centrepoint) for William & Kate before they presumably head off to Sandringham

Posted by britishroyals on twitter.

Wednesday's edition of the Times states that Prince Harry will visit Jamaica, the Bahamas and Belize next year as part of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations.

There is, according to the article, an intention for every one of the Queen's realms, including the very smallest such as St Kitts and Nevis and Tuvalu, to receive a senior RF member next year.

The visits to be made by the other RF members will be announced on Wednesday. The writer points out that the realms will have been lobbying BP to receive the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge particularly, but that it should be remembered that William has visited Australia and New Zealand quite recently.

I do expect, however, that Will and Kate will visit Australia and/or New Zealand. As I said, expect the announcement tomorrow.

Thakns for the information. I guess when they say senior, they mean the usual suspects? (Charles, Camilla, Andrew, Edward, Sophie, William, Catherine and Harry), but does it include the Gloucester's and Kent's?

Thakns for the information. I guess when they say senior, they mean the usual suspects? (Charles, Camilla, Andrew, Edward, Sophie, William, Catherine and Harry), but does it include the Gloucester's and Kent's?

You are correct Molly, each of the members you assume are specifically stated within the article as taking part. There is no mention of the Gloucester / Kent arms of the family.

I have to say, if Harry needs someone to carry his bags on this particular tour, I'm more than happy to assist!

I just realised I forgot about Anne! Apologies, I did mean to include in my list.

I think it's a shame the Gloucester's and Kent's are not included as they are all excellent ambassador's for the Queen and the Royal Family.

Oops, I forgot Anne too, Molly! She is also mentioned.

I wonder if perhaps Andrew will take Beatrice with him? Given that she's on her gap year it might be nice for her to keep her father company?

Wednesday's edition of the Times states that Prince Harry will visit Jamaica, the Bahamas and Belize next year as part of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations.

There is, according to the article, an intention for every one of the Queen's realms, including the very smallest such as St Kitts and Nevis and Tuvalu, to receive a senior RF member next year.

The visits to be made by the other RF members will be announced on Wednesday. The writer points out that the realms will have been lobbying BP to receive the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge particularly, but that it should be remembered that William has visited Australia and New Zealand quite recently.

I do expect, however, that Will and Kate will visit Australia and/or New Zealand. As I said, expect the announcement tomorrow.

That's very exciting! Especially as, I would assume, that will be a more formal tour than their trip to Canada... so perhaps we'll get a state banquet and a tiara event. *Oh please oh please Santa, I promise I'll be good this year!*

:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom