British Royal Family Current Events 5: July 2011-March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
training for the Olympics which is 116 days away... :whistling: It's been mentioned several times on this thread. And there is the possibility she also lent a hand to her brother with little Savannah.

Zara's chances of making the Olympic Games are pretty minuscule. She could just as easily done her couple of hours training (if that) in the afternoon, rather than the morning. It's light until past 8pm in the UK now.

Andrew was the only one that looked respectable in my opinion.

Last edited:
Andrew was the only one that looked respectable in my opinion.

I'm not sure why you think the rest of the family don't look respectable. I think they all look really well, and very happy.

:previous: A remark for the sake of making one it would see? I don't get it myself.

I agree though that they all looked rather splendid. The Countess was a resounding hit (love the hat especially, though that coast is quite something also) and what a beautiful ensemble for Princess Eugenie. A real knockout I thought.

The Queen also looked as pretty as a picture and it's always nice to see little Lady Louise.

Last edited:
Love to see the family attending services and nice to see Eugenie there, too. They all looked very happy, healthy and respectable to me. Happy Easter to all!

Last edited:
Regarding the Easter Service - where are Charles and Camilla?

I have started to just 'assume' that William and Kate will not be in evidence - probably with Kate's family.

I also wonder why its just Lady Louise that Sophie and Edward bring along - never see their son.

Questions, questions! :flowers: Happy Easter!

I'm guessing Charles and Camilla are spending some private time together over Easter, maybe at Birkhall?
As for William and Kate yep I suppose they are either with Kate's family (maybe to make up for missing Christmas) or on Anglesey (William may be working)
I think Sophie and Edward only bring along Louise as she is getting older now, we never saw her when she was James' age. I think the royal family as a whole don't take children along to events until they are confident they will be able to endure them, not many young children would be able to sit through a church service so once he is a bit older I imagine James will come along as well.

I think Charles and Camilla might be celebrating their 7th anniversary in private :)

it's good to see the family, they all look great!:)

Lovely photos, but what stands out is that all the children are dressed in wintery colors while the Queen and Sophie are in light spring-like attire. Go figure.

It nice to see lady Louise again since the royal wedding :: flowers ::

at last lady louise go to easter!! I'ts really nice see her, I cant wait for see james with the rest of the family

Last edited:
I thought Eugenie looked really beautiful today and that her outfit was perfect. It was nice to see all of them looking so happy.

Lady Louise is just too cute for words, I love her little bow and loose curls. She is the image of her father, right down to the little gap in her teeth! She has lost some of her baby teeth, bless her. Her little dress looked cute too, and her white tights were adorable. It sort of looks like she picked her own clothes out. She has grown up so much since the Royal wedding last year, it's scary. I cannot wait to see James at some point in the future.

The images of the family are lovely, and I especially loved the video of the Wessex trio getting out of their car (which I thought was nice that they travelled together) and Edward told Louise to shake the Bishop's hand. (He may not have been a Bishop...) He then held his hand out for her to hold as they walked into church, so cute!

The images of the Queen accepting flowers is always lovely to see, she is so gracious. Such lovely images, the children always look so happy to greet her, and it was also lovely to see Beatrice give her little cousin a bouquet of flowers to hold.

ITNSource has a longer video of the family arriving and departing, can be seen here.

Another thing I liked from the images is the photos of Eugenie linking her arm through her uncle Tim's as she walks up the hill. Nice touch.

Last edited:
Last edited:
So wonderful not only to see Louise, but also to see Eugenie looking just so very stunning!! She's lost weight since last I saw her and she looks wonderful.

Sophie also looked lovely in that vibrant pink. I could swear I've seen that outfit before, as the detailing/pleats on the jacket's so unique. I'm thinking that documentary on the Royal Family at work that was done a few years ago is where I saw her wearing it before. Regardless, it's a winner.

Her Majesty looked lovely as well, but then when doesn't she? :eek:) Loved that green feather in her hat. You've got to be so careful w/pairing greens and purples together, but the designer got it just right here.

Love that one photo of where she's looking at the DoE and they're laughing over something and in the background you can see Sophie and Anne having a good giggle over something too. Such a great picture of all them enjoying themselves and the day.

Thanks to one and all for the links. Off to the other Forums to see if there's any other Easter pictures out there. It seems it's Easter and Christmas when we get to see the little ones the most, so off to see what I can find. :eek:)

I really do love this family events so much!
Great to see so many family members together, especially Lady Louise.
Pity the Wales' couldn't make it, but I daresay Charles and Camilla wanted to spend the Easter with Camilla's family, William and Kate probably spent it with Kate's family (to make up for Christmas, which obviously has to be spend with the Royal Family), and Harry is supposed to be in Romania.

It seems Charles and Camilla (well Camilla at least) spent Easter with her family. Why Easter Sunday is the greatest festival of all (and an excuse for a damned good lunch!) | Mail Online
I thoroughly enjoyed reading Tom's article. I wish I had his command of English, or Armenian, for that matter.

Andrew looked like he was going to church to celebrate the resurrection of Christ.

The rest looked like they were trying to attend a fashion show - that is why I say Andrew looked respectable and the others didn't.

Louise looked like she should have been growing up in the 1950s not the 2010s - why her parents want to dress her like a little girl from the beginning of the Queen's reign I don't know.

HM always wears lovely colors so I doubt her intention was to look like she was ready to attend a fashion show and as for The Duke of Edinburgh he looked as he always does handsome and very well dressed... more so than even Andrew.

Last edited by a moderator:
What? Easter is traditionally a joyous occasion, and people tend to dress for church in bright colors and bright hats to mark that.
What would you have had them wear?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's where William and Kate were
William and Kate surprised Royal watchers at Crathie today when they went to Church with Charles and Camilla.” — @DonaldStewartPh

Thank to everyone for all the pictures, articles and videos. It's lovely to see the family come together to celebrate the Day of Resurrection. I think everyone looked appropriate. As for Lady Louise looking like a child from the 1950s, it's refreshing from all the current fads that have little girls dressing like teenagers. Louise was looking age-appropriate, plain and simple. Her parents are teaching her to dress like well, a lady, and not a girl who has no self-respect and flaunts all her...assets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom