British Royal Family Current Events 5: July 2011-March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh attended a performance of scenes from the works of Charles
Dickens at the Guildhall, London and later hosted a reception to celebrate the 200th anniversary of the
year Charles Dickens was born at Buckingham Palace, February 14, 2012. Several members of the royal
family like the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester and Princess Alexandra attended as well.

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: The Queen Hosts A Reception To Celebrate 200th Anniversary Of Dickens' Birth **

** telegraph.co.uk: Queen celebrates Charles Dickens anniversary **

I do love Gillian Anderson and she has been in 2 brilliant adaptations of Dickens' novels. The Queen looks lovely and I am glad to see the Gloucester's and Princess Alexandra there.

Queen Elizabeth, the Duke of Edinburgh, the Princess Royal and the Duke of Kent attended a Royal
Anniversary Prizes reception for representatives of 21 prize-winning institutions at Buckingham Palace
on February 24, 2012 . The honour recognises and celebrates outstanding work which is making a
practical impact for human progress.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** gettyimages/daylife gallery **

Thanks for the pics iceflower. Pic 5 is especially fun.

Well folks, am i right in thinking that tomorrow is the British ladies' trip out to Fortnum and Mason? I'm hoping good_night544 will be among us to keep us up to date? ;)

This one should be interesting I think. First time for Camilla and Kate on duty with the Queen on their own? I'm sure there's a few tummy butterflies tonight!

Yes, I am hoping someone will update us about tomorrow's goings on.

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures and videos of tomottow's engagement. I think that this is a great opportunity for Catherine to get to know Her Majesty and Duchess of Cornwall on a professional level. Both women do a fabulous job, and I'm sure Catherine will be a fantastic addition.

Hi guys I'm here ok so today's engagement will begin at 10am UK times 5am EST/2am PST and 4am CST. As of right now not much is going on all I know is preparations for today have begun. I suspect we'll hear more info in about an hour. I'm off to watch a show for about half an hour. When I return I should have some news updates.

Alright journalists have taken their places and are now waiting
https://twitter.com/#!/IkonPictures/status/175145249948184576/photo/1

Judy Wade ‏ @Judy_Wade Huge crowd, mostly media, waiting in the chill of Piccadilly for the Queen, Camilla and Kate but will we get the first ladies in line?
Richard Palmer ‏ @RoyalReporter Crowds are gathering outside Fortnum & Mason in Piccadilly, where the Queen, Camilla and Kate will undertake their first joint duty later.
Small tidbits: they're not sure how quick they'll be able to confirm what Catherine is wearing today. They're saying it's quite cold but bearable.
Robert Jobson ‏ @theroyaleditor #royal big crowd of people and journalist outside Fortnum & Mason for arrival of Queen, Kate and Camilla
.Richard Palmer ‏ @RoyalReporter Some of the crowd awaiting the royal arrival at Fortnum & Mason this morning. yfrog.com/h3pj7maj
About 20 mins to go. Though I imagine they won't arrive exactly at 10am

georgina brewer ‏ @Georginaitv Crowds outside Fortnums Masons waiting for #queen #camilla and #kate to arrive yfrog.com/h622fkbtj
Simon Perry ‏ @SPerryPeoplemag Fortnum and Mason's all set for arrival of Katy Cambridge (c @Judy_Wade), Queen & Camilla yfrog.com/essatwtj
Robert Jobson ‏ @theroyaleditor Crowds outside Fortnum & Mason waiting for Kate, Queen and Camilla pic.twitter.com/eQPGGPzV

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
there seems to be a large group of members of the public waiting to see them, although there's a busy muli-laned road between them and Fornums.

Apparently, the Queen is going to look at the honey and jams, Kate will look at the tea and I think Camilla's going to see the bakery?

They're all going to see packs that will be sent to troops in Afghanistan.

After that they'll head upstairs for tea.

I think I read they are also going to check out some Jubilee merchandise, some cups and plates I believe.

THEY'RE HERE!
Richard Palmer ‏ @RoyalReporter The Queen and two Duchesses arrive by car.. Kate's wearing an expensive Missoni dress coat and a small daffodil to mark St. David's Day.

Katie Nicholl ‏ @katienicholl Queen in an aqua blue coat dress, Camilla in navy and white and Kate in blue! (Not brown!)

Victoria Murphy ‏ @QueenVicMirror Kate is having a good old chat with Boris Johnson as she arrives with the Queen and Camilla

Ok now I can go to bed finally! It's been fun all I'll catch up on pics in the morning

Just arrived, The Quueen in sky blue, Camilla in navy and cream, Catherine in a grey coat with a daffodil as it's St David's day.

They all arrived in the Queen's state Bentley.

Heh, there are about 4 protestors there holding placards. Not, as you might think, protesting about the monarchy but about the foie gras that F&M sell.

I can't wait for pictures but just out of curiosity till we get some, are the royals in hats today or not?

They've just left Fortnum and Mason. Camilla and Kate both keeping sure to stay behind the Queen!

Kate had a bit of difficulty getting back into the State Bentley. Camilla was sitting in the back seat with the Queen but Kate sat in a seat facing them both. I think one of HM's LiWs were in there somewhere.

Richard Palmer of the Express said that inside Camille was constantly shepherding Kate and keeping her right.

Last edited:
Lovely to see the three women out together carrying out an engagement. Catherine looked great and it was clear she was making sure not to take the spotlight from the Queen. Perfect performance!

I hope other members of the family do engagements with the Queen. We've seen Princess Anne go with the Queen so perhaps Charles, Andrew, Edward and Sophie will make an appearance with her? I hope so!

I think we're likely to at some stage Molly. I think if Philip is easing off a little bit, the Queen's children will join HM on at least a few occasions.

Maybe even some grandchildren; Beatrice or Eugenie could help out.

I think this was a nice engagement. It just underlines that the Queen is confident in these two and she feels that they will support her heirs successfully as Queens when the time comes.

Kate looks completely intimideted (at least in public) by the two senior royal women.

Kate looks completely intimideted (at least in public) by the two senior royal women.

Intimidated? Not sure how you are interpreting this other than she is keeping her place in Royal protocol by following behind The Queen and the DOC who outrank her. Her body language shows that she is also being respectful of wanting the focus to be on The Queen rather than her.

She is still learning the ropes, it's not yet automatically for her to find the right step on following the two other ladies, so she must be very careful not to set her foot wrong. But she'll learn quickly. One article said that Camilla helped her and that's good to know.

Fabulous pictures of the trio! They all look wonderful in shades of blue. It's obvious that Camilla and Kate have a good relationship -- just look at the way Camilla looks glowingly at Kate in some of the pictures. Very nice.

I look forward to seeing the Queen carrying out engagements with some of her other grandchildren this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom