British Royal Family Current Events 3: June 2006-March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Harry plays polo at Cirencester Park Polo Club on July 22, 2006 as his father, Prince Charles and girlfriend Chealsy Davy watch.
from getty
(I placed them in the BRF current events thread, since both Prince Charles and Prince Harry are present).

Attachments

• 71501884.jpg
    71501884.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 252
  • 71501885.jpg
    71501885.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 268
  • 71501887.jpg
    71501887.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 220
  • 71501888.jpg
    71501888.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 307
  • 71501889.jpg
    71501889.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 293
  • 71501890.jpg
    71501890.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 245
  • 71501892.jpg
    71501892.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 230
  • 71501877.jpg
    71501877.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 282
Will Charles join the rest of the Family Will Harry and William go will they take their Girlfriends call me crazy but I Smell an engagement from one of the boys! :)

from Rex :

Royal Summer Holiday Cruise of the Western Isles On the 'Hebridean Princess', Port Ellen, Islay, Scotland, Britain - 24 Jul 2006

The Queen is enjoying a cruise around the Western Isles of Scotland with her family at her side (24 July). An eight-day 80th birthday present to herself, there is no fixed itinery to the journey, although there are stops to pick up and drop off various members of the royal clan. The Earl and Countess of Wessex's daughter Lady Louise Windsor seemed to be enjoying her time at sea with her parents. While Prince Andrew bought along his pretty daughters Princess Eugenie and Princess Beatrice. Other shipmates included Viscount David Linley, Lady Sarah Chatto and Margarita with Serena Linley. Prince William and Prince Harry have both had to pass up the trip because of their Army commitments. Heavy rain didn't seem to be getting the Monarch down on her trip, she simply donned a rain jacket, held an umbrella aloft and smiled through the inclement weather. This used to be a regular occasion on board the royal yacht Britannia, but since it was decommissioned in 1997 cruises have become less frequent. This year however, the Queen paid £125,000 out of her own privy purse to hire the MV Hebridean Princess, a former car ferry converted into a luxury cruiser. The ferry used to carry up to 600 passengers at a time, but it has been converted into a luxurious cruiser with 30 spacious cabins

Queen Elizabeth with Autumn Kelly (girlfriend of Peter Phillips)

Lady Sarah Chatto, Viscount David Linley, Daniel Chatto and Margarita with Serena Linley

Prince Andrew, Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie, also with Prince Philip

Thank you so much for posting these pics, Jess! It's great to see the Queen so relaxed and happy together with her near and dear. What a great idea she had, hiring this ferry to go on a cruise around the isles, I guess it also brings back many happy memories from past with Britannia, at the same time as she has the ability to get similar experiences again. Nice to see that Autumn Kelly is there, a good signal for any future "needs" :)

Was Charles and Camilla not on the cruise?

Yes Queen Elizabeth is love all royal family and his grandchildren come to Queens boat!!! Queen Elizabeth is mother and grandmother 80 year!!! She married with Prince Philip in 59th anniversary wedding 2006 20 november!!!!

Good to see most of the RF for this little escapade. lol Great pics everyone.

STORNOWAY, SCOTLAND - JUL 29: Queen Elizabeth II in suede coat, headscarf and trousers with Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh leave the Hebridean Princess at Stornoway after a holiday cruise around the Western Isles to celebrate the Queen's 80th birthday on July 29, 2006 in Stornoway, Scotland

from getty

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 243
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 287
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 243
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 237
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 320
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 254
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 243
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 235
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 215
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 262
Princes William and Harry yesterday disputing a Match in the Club of Pole of Tretbury, England.

from hola

Attachments

• ppes-inglaterra.jpg
    ppes-inglaterra.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 548
More of the Royal Family leaving the "Hebridean Princess" after their week-long cruise along the Western Isles.

Prince Charles kissed goodbye to his mother, Queen Elizabeth

Queen Elizabeth & Prince Phillip leaving the Hebridean Princess

Prince Charles & Duchess of Cornwall, also Princess Anne & Tim Lawrence leaving the ship

The Queen's personal belongings, marked "The Queen"

(source EMP)

some more...

Princess Eugenie, also the Duke of York leaving the Hebridean Princess

Princess Anne's family, including Peter Phillips & his girlfriend, Autumn Kelly leaving the ship

and the Wessex family with the cute Lady Louise with her white furry stuffed-animal

(source EMP)

I suppose that camilla left at the same time as charles did when HM also left???

I am curious because the daily mail said that camilla had rushed back from the ship and they used the same picture as the one above so the point is if they left together when HM also left then there was no question of camilla leaving before HM isn't it???

I love the pictures of Edward and Louise. :)

yezzz i do love pics of lady louis so big/tall for her age 2 and half years old and so very happy to get seeing more new pics of her with her proud parents and relatives too

shaan said:
I suppose that camilla left at the same time as charles did when HM also left???

what i understand charles stayed on alone and is meeting camilla later. camilla left when the Queen left, along with everyone else in the family. please correct me if i'm wrong.

Everybody had gotten off the ship and then Charles said goodbye to everybody and went back on the ship. It was also the silver anniversary of his first marriage and maybe he wanted to be alone.

It is see not often Queen Elizabeths dress is much beautiful and scarfs look!!! She is perceft dress and mother!!! Not often see Prince Charles kisses mother Queen Elizabeth.!! It is warmest relatives Queen Elizabeth and Prince Charles! Queen Elizabeth is all royal family and grandchildren. It is pretty his grandchildren Lady Louise is like more grandmother Elizabeth!!!!

Thank you everyone for the great pictures, I love Lady Louise- she is getting so big and I think looks a lot like the Windsor side of the family. I think it is great that the Quenn has more time to spend with the youngest of her grandchildren. I just have one question... why does Prince Andrew always look so mad in most pictures?

Princejohnny25 said:
Everybody had gotten off the ship and then Charles said goodbye to everybody and went back on the ship. It was also the silver anniversary of his first marriage and maybe he wanted to be alone.

To be honest i don't really think Charles would have thought too much about what would have been his anniversary.He has Camilla now.

I've moved the off-topic posts about a possible commemoration of the 10th anniversary of Diana's death to the "Anniversaries and Birthdays" thread in the Diana forum. People are welcome to go and talk about it there as long as they can manage not to turn the conversation into another fight. If that happens, we'll be doing some wholesale deletion.

Now let's please get this thread back on topic.

Elspeth

British Royals moderator

Last edited:
Sorry, but what were doing on the "Hebridean Princess" for over week-long cruise along the Western Isles?

It was a holiday. The Queen privately booked the ship for a special holiday with the family for her 80th.

BeatrixFan said:
It was a holiday. The Queen privately booked the ship for a special holiday with the family for her 80th.

Thanks my Dear:flowers:

How often they're going on holiday by yacht? The usually go to Scotland on holiday.

magnik said:
How often they're going on holiday by yacht? The usually go to Scotland on holiday.
They did go to Scotland on holiday, but on the yacht cruise. Memories of Britannia.

magnik said:
Thanks my Dear:flowers:

The Queen is at Balmoral now as far as I know. She had to stay in one of the lodges after the cruise because Balmoral was still open to the public for a further week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom