Anne, Princess Royal Current Events 2: August 2005-January 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ysbel said:
I had more sympathy for Daisy putting up with Onslow! yuck! :D

Yes, Daisy deserves sympathy for putting up with Anslow, Rose, and their crazy father!!:p

I also feel bad for the neighbors, Poor Elizabeth and her brother. Elizabeth gets so nervous being in Hyacinth's house for a simple cup of coffee or tea!!

The only one who gets off scot free is freeloading Sheridan!!:p :p

am curious can someone tell me why she wears gloves?

oskana said:
am curious can someone tell me why she wears gloves?

I think it's just a matter of protocol and training. Jackie Kennedy wore gloves often when she was in the White House, and the Queen did too in the 1960s and 1970s. (I'm not sure when the Queen's gloves became less frequent.) I think Diana was the one who "banished" gloves as part of her daily accessories.

Gloves also give your hands some protection if they're going to be squeezed a lot.

They (Princess Anne and Andrew Parker Bowles) are friends. I believe they dated before he married Camilla.

Also, Andrew Parker Bowles was the godson of the Queen Mother.

Andrew Parker Bowles is also a godfather to Princess Anne's daughter Zara and a close friend of her father Mark Phillips as well.

princess gertrude said:
I love the blue dress, not so sure about the pink top though. And the hair, while very beautiful, the style is a little outdated.

A little out dated. :)

I dont like the way that anne dresses , she's old fashionned !!! she could have a stylish advisor or something!! :confused:

Amira said:
I dont like the way that anne dresses , she's old fashionned !!! she could have a stylish advisor or something!! :confused:

Her mother dresses 100 times better than her nowadays for gods sake. I wish we could see anne for a day dressed more in the style of for example a queen sophia, I would be satisfied. Anne definitely has elegance or prescence but terrible taste.

Anne's clothing

The Princess Royal is not interested in fashion only in doing her job. The I think 40th birthday picures of her were really good. She looked wonderful and she really looks good with her hair down. I can under stand that she is thrifty with her clothing but wearing clothes from 20 years ago is just crazy to me. Especially when they weren't stylish then.

seto said:
The Princess Royal is not interested in fashion only in doing her job. The I think 40th birthday picures of her were really good. She looked wonderful and she really looks good with her hair down. I can under stand that she is thrifty with her clothing but wearing clothes from 20 years ago is just crazy to me. Especially when they weren't stylish then.

Even her 50th birthday pictures were lovely. She has kept a wonderful figure, and it wouldn't be hard to dress her in a more attractive way.

I certainly agree that Princess Anne needs to be arrested by the fashion police. Her daughter Zara is very stylish and always looks impecable. I had read once that it was Zara that helped her mother choose her outfits that she wore for her 50th birthday portraits. It is really hit and miss with Anne. Sometimes she dresses lovely like in the pictures of her in this thread in the blue suit. Other times forget it.

kelly1972 said:
Andrew Parker Bowles is also a godfather to Princess Anne's daughter Zara and a close friend of her father Mark Phillips as well.
Gosh! I didnt know he was that close to the royal family!!

Must say ann looked fab in her Yellow out fit ,

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Anne she's so revolutionary, she dresses with the man's outfits and dont give a damn for what other people will say :D
And she stills stylish and elegant, I love that dress;)

Back in the day...Princess Anne dated Andrew Parker Bowles. Imagine what life would be if she had married him instead of Camilla!

Zonk1189 said:
Back in the day...Princess Anne dated Andrew Parker Bowles. Imagine what life would be if she had married him instead of Camilla!
it would be so differrent that means we probably wont have known who camilla was she wont be queen, diana might still be alive...who knows...isnt it also ture that peter dated camillas daughter for a while

Zonk1189 said:
They (Princess Anne and Andrew Parker Bowles) are friends. I believe they dated before he married Camilla.

It would have been wonderful if Anne and Andrew had married and Charles and Camilla!
Mind you Andrew would probably have made Anne miserably with his philandering ways.
Anne is such a hard worker for all her charities!:)

kelly1972 said:
I certainly agree that Princess Anne needs to be arrested by the fashion police. Her daughter Zara is very stylish and always looks impecable. I had read once that it was Zara that helped her mother choose her outfits that she wore for her 50th birthday portraits. It is really hit and miss with Anne. Sometimes she dresses lovely like in the pictures of her in this thread in the blue suit. Other times forget it.

Maybe if Princess Anne updated her hairstyle the out of date clothes would look better!!!!!!!!! :p MInd you I envy Anne the fact that she can still fit into clothes she wore as long ago as 15 years!!!!. She still is, and always will be one of my favorite hardworking Royals who leaves most others for dead:)

Scott

Per Mrs. Toledo, she will look less severe with shorter hair more appropiate to her age as well as some high lights to soften her features.

Per Mr. Toledo, she could can the helmet hair and get something more modern. Her sister in law, Camilla, should drag Anne to a salon pronto and get her into the 21st century screaming if she has to.

That's a laugh, Camilla is being criticized for her own hair do. Now she is considered modern compared to Anne.

Camilla's hair is like Farah Fawcett's circa 1974? Maybe is the light color that do soften her up, but she looks a little more modern than Anne who seems to be channeling the spirit of the Edwardian Era's Gibson Girl. Anne has room for improvement.

Princess Anne planted a tree at Neptune Wood in Oxfordshire

from hello

Attachments

• trees-dop3a.jpg
    trees-dop3a.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 170
HRH The Princess Royal's Agenda for January 2006

Thursday, 5th January
The Princess Royal will attend the 60th Oxford Farming Conference at The Examination School, High Street, Oxford.

Friday, 6th January
The Princess Royal will visit HMP Brixton, Jebb Avenue, London, and will attend the IPC Media Marine Awards Gala Ball at Old Billingsgate, 16 Lower Thames Street, London.

Tuesday, 10th January
The Princess Royal will visit Blandford Community Hospital, Milldown Road, Blandford, Dorset, and will open St. John Ambulance East Dorset Training Centre, Discovery Court, Wallisdown Road, Poole, Dorset.

Wednesday, 11th January
The Princess Royal will attend a Boat Show Luncheon at Excel, Docklands, London, and will attend The Nuffield Trust's Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Lecture at The Royal Society of Arts, 8 John Adam Street, London.

(from royal.gov.uk)

Anne, The Princess Royal and Timothy Laurence

Here are some pics from Princess Anne and Timothy Laurence's wedding. They were married on December 12,1992 at Craithie Kirk Church in Scotland on the Queen's Balmoral Estate.

All Photos from worldroots.com.

Enjoy:)

Attachments

• anneengland14a.jpg
    anneengland14a.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 629
  • anneengland16a.jpg
    anneengland16a.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 614
  • anneengland30a.jpg
    anneengland30a.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 611
I have always admired Princess Anne, not just because she works hard but the fact she is her own woman. She never once felt the need to change who she was to please others. She is not into fashion or appearance that the is that. People used to hold this against her and now many admire her because she is not shallow. She does look wonderful at age 55, and you can certainly tell she wasn't a sun worshipper. Her skin is lovely. Diana had great skin as well, but she liked to tan and I noticed in the last year of her life she was beginning to show sun damage.

Wednesday, 11th January
The Princess Royal will attend a Boat Show Luncheon at Excel, Docklands, London

photos from uk press

Attachments

• Anne_Boat_Show_1-UKP-2.jpg
    Anne_Boat_Show_1-UKP-2.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 229
  • Anne_Boat_Show_3-UKP-2.jpg
    Anne_Boat_Show_3-UKP-2.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 226
  • Anne_Boat_Show_4-UKP-2.jpg
    Anne_Boat_Show_4-UKP-2.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 221
  • Anne_Boat_Show_5-UKP-2.jpg
    Anne_Boat_Show_5-UKP-2.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 275
Princess Royal Anne is pictured before the Six Nations rugby union match at Murrayfield Stadium in Edinburgh 05 February 2006. Scotland defeated France 20-16

from getty

Attachments

• 56750045.jpg
    56750045.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 222
PRINCESS ANNE VISITING THE TADLEY AND DISTRICT CITIZENS ADVICE BUREAU, TADLEY, HAMPSHIRE, BRITAIN - 20 FEB 2006, rex features

Attachments

• 575021A.jpg
    575021A.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 226
  • 575021B.jpg
    575021B.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 242
  • 575021C.jpg
    575021C.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 225
Status
Not open for further replies.