Anne, Princess Royal Current Events 1: June 2004-August 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Anne was in Canada for quite a few days a couple of weeks ago. I noticed that she insisted on wearing black gloves during the day...and it was so hot too. I think she's taking protocol a little too far, or is she somewhat stuckup?

I do not think Her Royal Highness is 'stuck up' at all. With her strict up bringing, I think she has just had certain royal values instilled in her.

I think HRH has found that without gloves the constant hand shaking makes her hands very sore.
Also, she was brought up in what, today, we would consider a very old fashioned way where a lady always wears gloves. I suppose old habits are very hard to break.
She also always wears gloves when she is riding her horses but I doubt they think she is stuckup!!!!!!!

Well I was watching a documentary a couple of days ago and a prominent royal commentator on the British royal family remarked that Princess Anne, at times, has been known to come across as not-too-friendly when doing walkabouts or talking to people. But I suppose it is natural. I do realize that she was brought up in a different time and everything. But then again, Prince Charles seems to me to be much more relaxed and friendly when he talks to people. And when Queen Elizabeth was in Canada for her Golden Jubillee tour, she was so much friendlier than Anne, she showed genuine warmth and was always smiling when she met all the people around the country. I wouldn't have made the comment about Princess Anne if I hadn't noticed a marked difference between the various family members.
Anyway, if princess Anne must wear gloves, I think she should get rid of the ugly black ones and wear white like her mother!

Originally posted by xicamaluca@Jun 26th, 2004 - 10:48 pm
Hello!
princess Anne opens Fens Discovery Centre in Lincolnshire Photo: © Alphapress.com

With black gloves
I fail to see what the problem with the gloves is! They match the outfit perfectly. It would have looked very silly with white gloves. As wymanda said a couple of days ago HRH was raised to believe that gloves were one of the marks of a lady and it does save her hands when a lot of greetings are required.

I just want to give Princess Anne a grat round of applause for raising her children so well. You know, a lot of Diana fans tend to forget that The Princess Royal did such a fine job raising her children as well.. Anne may not be the People's Princess, but she has certainly been a great mother, and it is about high time we all realised that. Three cheers for Princess Anne! :flower:

And an extra special congrads to Zara for that great interview, well done! I know Anne has to be so proud of Zara.. she is certainly her mother's daughter. :heart:

Princess Haya  Posted: Jun 26th, 2004 - 7:25 pm

I fail to see what the problem with the gloves is! They match the outfit perfectly.
Agree !

...HRH was raised to believe that gloves were one of the marks of a lady and it does save her hands when a lot of greetings are required.
How does it save her hands?

and they don't get bruised with her horse activities ?

I bet she doesn't want anybody to see the firm callouses she's developed from shaking "thousands" of hands .... :woot:

I remember reading an article about the Queen Mum once and apparently she decided to go "gloveless" and ended up with her hands so sore and bruised after all the handshakes etc.

Yes King Christian,
HRH does protect her hands when riding. Some of us (like me) hate wearing riding gloves but in Annes' position she wouldn't want to be seen with calloused hands, broken nails etc...

Originally posted by wymanda@Jun 23rd, 2004 - 8:38 pm
I think HRH has found that without gloves the constant hand shaking makes her hands very sore.
Also, she was brought up in what, today, we would consider a very old fashioned way where a lady always wears gloves. I suppose old habits are very hard to break.
She also always wears gloves when she is riding her horses but I doubt they think she is stuckup!!!!!!!
Yes, Princess Anne was raised to wear gloves in a time when wearing gloves was almost mandatory for a lady, but today Royal Ladies are still raised to wear gloves. If you see Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie out at a family event such as the trooping the colour or Easter day service, they are either wearing or carrying gloves and they are only teengaers, so gloves are a royal thing. It's a part of their uniform.

Princess Anne at 19

I hadn't seen this picture before...wow!

Attachments

• IH134124.jpg
    IH134124.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 298
Wow, that really is a beautiful picture. Anne was so pretty when she was younger. You can really see how much Zara looks like her in that picture.

Gabriella said:
Wow, that really is a beautiful picture. Anne was so pretty when she was younger. You can really see how much Zara looks like her in that picture.
I agree! I never thought Zara looked particularly like Princess Anne, but I see it now!

wow, never knew Anne was so pretty when she was young...a real beauty...now we know where zara has got her looks from :)

The second husband of Princess Anne...

Can someone tell me more about Princess Anne's second husband? I have seen him on some pictures, but I do not know anything about him. I think he is younger than her.
Thank you.

He's five years her junior and is very successful in the Navy. He tends to keep quiet and doesn't do a lot of royal duties, though he does, at times, accompany her (He went to Gibraltar with her). There's not a lot to know about him.

New photo of Princess Anne yesterday.

Attachments

• 51386118.jpg
    51386118.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 267
  • 51386127.jpg
    51386127.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 192
SAINT-TROPEZ, FRANCE: Britain's Princess Anne (2nd L) attends 14 October 2004 at the Saint Tropez port, on the French Riviera, a regatta celebrating the 75th anniversary of the famous Dragon yachts.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 282
Princess Anne

British Princess Anne during the International Dragon 75th Anniversary Regatta held in Saint-Tropez, southern France, on October 14, 2004. Photo by ABACA. (Pictured: Princess Anne)

Attachments

• 272777.jpg
    272777.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 223
  • 272770.jpg
    272770.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 222
Princess Anne Involved in Near-miss Air Incident

Princess Anne Involved in Near-miss Air Incident from www.hello.com

12 NOVEMBER 2004
Princess Anne was just nine seconds away from death when the plane in which she was travelling from Wiltshire to Aberdeen was involved in a terrifying mid-air incident on Thursday.

The royal flight pilot was told to take evasive action after controllers on the ground realised that a new Eurofighter Typhoon, capable of a top speed of 1,321 mph, had turned across the executive jet's flight path.

Buckingham Palace confirmed that an "air proximity incident" had taken place over Morcambe Bay. The Princess Royal was apparently informed later of the near miss, but seemed unperturbed as she fulfilled her commitments in Scotland.

princessanne-dop1a.jpg

Despite later being informed of her close shave, the Princess Royal (above) continued with her engagements in Scotland as planned
Photo: © Alphapress.com

princessanne-dop2a.jpg

Anne was flying from Wiltshire to Aberdeen in a BAE125 (like the one pictured), when the incident took place over Morcambe Bay
Photo: © Crown Copyright 2003

Yikes how scary! I like how they said she seemed unperturbed. I know I'd be shaking like a leaf if it was me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom