Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-12-2016, 10:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Margaret Tudor Tidbits

Old 08-27-2016, 02:24 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Henry VIII’s sister, Margaret Tudor

Britain Magazine | The official magazine of Visit Britain | Best of British History, Royal Family,Travel and Culture - August: Tudor of the Month – Margaret Tudor

Old 09-29-2016, 04:58 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Sir Thomas More

Tudor Times | Thomas More
Old 01-06-2017, 08:44 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Tudor Person of the month Elizabeth Talbot, Countess of Shrewsbury (Bess of Hardwick).

Tudor Times | Bess of Hardwick
Old 01-06-2017, 02:47 PM
Commoner

Personally i think Henry VII is the most interesting of the Tudor monarchs.

I think he really does not get the credit he deserves.
Old 10-15-2018, 07:45 PM
Heir Apparent

In 1515 Margaret Tudor Stuart was the Regent of Scotland. She refused to surrender her children.
http://www.alamy.com/margaret-tudor-...185276084.html
Old 11-10-2018, 08:58 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
The Tudors' dynasty has become a dominant branch of interest in the recent cinematography,literature and theatre.Sometimes I wish would be more projects about other dynasties,but Tudors cannot stop fascinating people.
The most prominent start was given by the controversial king Henry VIII who put the Anglican Church ahead,but operated massive exterminations.
It would be interesting to analyse ,what would have happenned if:
1)The king had remained the husband of Catherine of Aragon and proclaimed as heiress Mary Tudor,in this case could the British history have turned differently or if he proclaimed Henry Fitzroy as official heir(if he hadn't died young);
2)Anne Boleyn hadn't been executed,in case of the birth of a son or even if she remained alive,but Elizabeth had been the only child.How could Henry had decided the right heir?
3)The king had died during his second marriage and had Anne Boleyn remained with Elizabeth from a side ,but Mary Tudor party from other side
4)Ann Boleyn hadn't been executed,but sent to prison or monastery
5)Catherine Howard had given birth to a son,would have been more conflicts among heirs?
6)Mary Tudor had given birth to a child ,would the modern British Church be Catholic?
7)In case Mary Tudor had applied the capital punishment to Elizabeth,how would have the English throne established the heir?
8)If Mary Stewart had been intelligent enough to keep her throne,Scotland would have separately existed till nowadays .The other matter if Mary could have taken the English throne from Elizabeth .
I admit I am a Tudor groupie, it is my favorite and have read and seen everything possible. I also am fascinated by Victoria and her lot. But the Tudor era is more exciting, much more going on as far as in court. I wish there were even more films, etc...even though most have many inaccuracies. As entertainment, they are the best. Love the clothing of the era as well.
Old 11-10-2018, 10:56 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy63 View Post
I admit I am a Tudor groupie, it is my favorite and have read and seen everything possible. I also am fascinated by Victoria and her lot. But the Tudor era is more exciting, much more going on as far as in court. I wish there were even more films, etc...even though most have many inaccuracies. As entertainment, they are the best. Love the clothing of the era as well.
I like reading about the Tudors too but sometimes it gets too depressing and I have to stop. And I'm glad the current royal family has toned things down a bit. I really don't want to turn on the TV only to see footage of the Queen ordering all her Kent cousins into the Tower or a weeping Meghan being led to the scaffold.
Old 11-11-2018, 12:29 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawin View Post
I like reading about the Tudors too but sometimes it gets too depressing and I have to stop. And I'm glad the current royal family has toned things down a bit. I really don't want to turn on the TV only to see footage of the Queen ordering all her Kent cousins into the Tower or a weeping Meghan being led to the scaffold.
But as far as entertainment, and learning a bit of history along the way...Tudors beat out modern day royals anyday, imo. Fantastical in many ways yet true.
Old 11-11-2018, 12:39 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
In 1515 Margaret Tudor Stuart was the Regent of Scotland. She refused to surrender her children.
http://www.alamy.com/margaret-tudor-...185276084.html
Lord John Stewart, Duke of Albany whom is depicted in that sketch would a few years later also be the maternal uncle in law of Catherine de Medici.The Duke married Anne de La Tour d'Auvergne,Countess d'Auvergne & du Lauragais.