Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon (1930-2002)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She seems much more approachable and down-to-earth in this interview. I think this was from 1994 or 1995.

Thanks for posting this here ? It is from May 1995 to mark the 50th Anniversary of VE day. Yes I like this interview with Princess Margaret too and what I find interesting and nice to see is that there are quite a few comments below the clip where people remark on how well they think she comes across during the interview. My favourite parts are where the Princess talks about the VE day/night celebrations, listening to her father's wartime broadcasts and her relationship with her sister.

Last edited:
Hello!! Just a little what if - let’s say Elizabeth was born before Margaret and their childhood occurred as it did but that Elizabeth passed away before having children - what kind of monarch do you think Margaret would have made??

An excerpt from the book written by his close friend Norman Barrymaine in 1958 about Peter Townsend and Princess Margaret.

https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/page/4823751#

Archived by the National Library of Australia, this magazine has a lovely photo of Margaret on the cover and eight pages of dense detail and insight.

If you hit the download button on the left ... a page with a downward arrow ... and then hit the PDF button near that, an electronic copy of the actual magazine page blows up, photos and text.

To go to the next page, back arrow ... top left ... out of that page and select the required page ... top right ...where the page number shows.

The page numbers covering this are 3, 4, 5, 7, 58, 60, 61 and 63.

An exceptional record for those interested in this part of Princess Margaret's life.

Hello!! Just a little what if - let’s say Elizabeth was born before Margaret and their childhood occurred as it did but that Elizabeth passed away before having children - what kind of monarch do you think Margaret would have made??

Princess Margaret would not have been a good queen, just based on her life as a Princess.

I think Margaret would have been reasonably satisfactory as a monarch. She was rather ‘grand’ at times though and I certainly think that her reign would have been very much determined by whom she married.

ITV has released footage of Queen Elizabeth doing an engagement on 12th February 2002, 3 days after Princess Margaret's death.

Back
Top Bottom