Henry VIII (1491-1547) and Wives

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Had Henry lived longer she might not have kept her head given her religious differences with the king.

Along with the first Catherine both are my favourite of the wives.

Catherine of Aragon is hands down my favorite of the wives. I just finished Alison Weir's novel of her life and it was amazing...one of the two best I have read about her.

Did you read/hear where someone out in a field in the English countryside someone found a heart shaped pendant that Henry had given Catherine during their marriage?

It is decorated with roses and pomegranates, her personal emblem.

In 1546 there was an actual arrest warrant was drawn up for Catherine so there was danger surrounding her Protestant beliefs.
The king at this time was heavily under the influence of ultra conservatives like Bishop Gardiner and Lord Wriothesley (the Lord Chancellor).

True but he did not have Katherine arrested and told off his cousnellors for their attitude to her. He was probalby playing boht sides.

A look at the work of Hans Holbein at the Tudor court of Henry VIII.

I think the drawings are more interesting than his paintings. They’re so life like. Almost photographic.

It is extraordinary to look into the faces of people who lived half a millennium ago. Quite moving in fact.

A look at the painting of the The Field of the Cloth of Gold where Henry VIII and Francis I met in June 1520.

Back
Top Bottom