George, Duke of Kent (1902-ka1942) and Princess Marina (1906-1968)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wonder what has the Duchess and the ballet stars Moira Shearer and Robert Helpmann so amused!

The Duke and Duchess of Kent and King George II of Greece at the Anglo-Hellenic Ball in 1938. The event was organised by "the Greek Ambassador and Madame Simopoulos along with the Anglo-Hellenic League". The Duchess of Kent was wearing the Cambridge Sapphire Parure (including tiara, earrings and necklace).
https://royalwatcherblog.com/2019/11/17/anglo-hellenic-ball-in-london-1938/

Credited to The Royal Watcher Blog

What coulour were Duke of Kent hair and eyes? Do we know that? I always imagined his hair to be dark and eyes blue.

They were certainly the most glamorous royals in the BRF of the time. Unfortunately, George passed on too soon.

Was Prince George, Duke of Kent the first royal to take a job as a civil servant?

:previous: It is unfortunate Princess Marina had to sell pictures and antiques which belonged to Prince George.
Did Queen Mary help Marina with finances?

:previous: It is unfortunate Princess Marina had to sell pictures and antiques which belonged to Prince George.
Did Queen Mary help Marina with finances?

Since Queen Mary was the "Queen Mother" in 1951, I think it's stated, yes, she did.

:previous: I like the statement: Despite the financial hardships the Duchess of Kent had managed to keep up appearances while keeping economy.

Which Princess was Elizabeth?
Princess Marina has an older sister Elizabeth but I'd never heard of a Princess Elizabeth of Yugoslavia.
Princess Elizabeth is the daughter of Prince Paul of Yugoslavia and Princess Marina's other sister Princess Olga. She's the mother of actress Catherine Oxenberg.

Wasn’t Elizabeth, Prince Paul of Yugoslavia’s daughter, born in about 1936 to him and his wife Olga, Marina’s oldest sister?

Princess Elizabeth is the daughter of Prince Paul of Yugoslavia and Princess Marina's other sister Princess Olga. She's the mother of actress Catherine Oxenberg.

She was born in 1936 ,the photo is from 1925 unless that date is wrong?

Yes, the date is obviously wrong as is not uncommon with online image archives.

That would make more sense and its post 1936 :previous:

part of the ongoing issue we have with copy and paste post!

Back
Top Bottom