William and Kate Might Be Closet Artists

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: I agree that he was probably given a strong push to stick with it, because it definitely wouldn't have looked good for him to switch universities or just drop out.

James I

Thanx Denville. Yes that James I who succeeded Elizabeth the I. Yes in the TV show Mary Queen of Scott's was his mother. I found the wrong James when I googled. Cecil actually ordered MCS murder and was the one who organized his succession of James I her son. James was philosophical about it. Because of het Catholocism she was a minus for his ascendance to the Englush thrown and reportedly didnt hold it against Cecil. I will write from this point 1590s early 1600s about this protestant ie apples shift impacting all our lives today. I thought of a joke. William after Early studies in Art History was like this is my life. Like reading your grandmothers medical chart. William was like been there done this boring.

Thanx Denville. Yes that James I who succeeded Elizabeth the I. Yes in the TV show Mary Queen of Scott's was his mother. I found the wrong James when I googled. Cecil actually ordered MCS murder and was the one who organized his succession of James I her son. James was philosophical about it. Because of het Catholocism she was a minus fo

Mary was not murdered, and James I had the best claim to the throne of England...

MQS beheaded is murdered by order of Cecil. In the show i saw on public tv. There were few choices. Old no children or Catholic. My interesting point was how pragmatic james was about Cecil ordering his mothers dearh. From this when i have time i will elaborate. Goigle copies are a bit boring prefer people to talk about what the learn more even if its not perfect more fun. Mary Quuen of Scotts is MQS. Art History comments to follow using originsl thought. James was selected because he had 3 children was protestant and wanted it. Cecil who organuzed his mothers beheading organized his crown. James seemed ok with cecil anyway. More comments maybe Monday.

Just to let you know that there are various ongoing topics of conversations on the various British royals you've mentioned in the British Royal History area of the British forums.

It can be found at British Royal History - The Royal Forums

One thing nice about using a search engine and posting the links to what we've found is that the content of a conversation tends to stay more factual that way. That's why this place is such a great archive for information all in one place.

I don't think you're going to get a lot of interest in art history actually here but I'm sure that if you wanted to set up a thread devoted to it, it'd be there for those that are interested in the subject. ?

I enjoyed watching a recent public television show that gave me some new ideas about how Apples code word in this pleasant blather, for Protestant and how the early division of Protestantism and Catholicism code word oranges in the early 1600's impacted Art History for me anyway. Also I am interested in why people chose certain interests and hobbies. My right now being riding my bike, swimming or walking, reading fiction and keep a notebook for sketching and writing down ideas. I also work on my French grammar sometimes just for fun. I am definitely not a stickler for grammar or spelling. I wish I was because its prettier. So, for me I was loved the photos in the bible. This is not meant to be religious. I loved the color photos of paintings. I loved Leonardo de vincis last supper and tried to draw it over and over sitting at a kitchen table. I loved the stain glass and the black and white photographs of suffering in prayer books we used. I think these were my earliest exposure to Art. I liked to draw and paint. I also liked reading a lot and could read at an early age. I never gave Apples much thought during that time. I grew up an Orange. So, during Art school I learned that in general the Apples religion preferred art Sacred or that did not depict the body of Christ directly. And that Oranges including Italian and Spanish artists painted the body of Christ directly. That the Apple art was more asture and formal with lots of rules and the Oranges art was more expressive of Christs suffering and also other mythological figures and models. So this separation impacted Western art of the differences in Art sacred and art profane. How Christ and many figures were represented. How it impacted me specifically was when I lived in Paris for 10 years and could see how different are the Apples culture and the oranges culture. Also my first husband was an Apple and we went sporadically to an Apple church but I never converted. So, in Paris me and my second husband who is very non religious but enjoyed the Americans, we went to a local Orange church for English speakers. Well the Orange English speakers in Paris are a rare bread. As you need to both be an Orange and speak English in Paris. American Oranges, Irish, Polish, Philippines, Africans, with a few oddballs from Oranges countries that the person could speak English. But zero people from England who are mostly apples. This difference in art can be seen everywhere in Apples and Oranges art. It didn't impact me in the USA much as the differences are minimal really as we don't have the same Art History. Living in Europe I was really aware at the Art differences between Apples and Oranges. Other than that. I am curious what prince Harry studied in school. Lastly I suppose this could be under the protestant reformation link. Or members. Overall what I am trying to say is that my love of Art grew out of being exposed to art in the church although I am not particularly religious. And its interesting to see how the Art History was impacted by the early policy of that show I saw that was around 1600's. The Queens advisor Cecil put into place inheritance laws at that time and other laws to make the new King or Queen protestant and these were of course furthered with Henry the VIII. Just interesting. I am curious if anyone has opinions on the differences in Art or culture of the Apples and Oranges in Art History. but for me in the USA the difference was never apparent until I lived in Europe for 10 years. Also seeing a public TV program on the beginning of this mind set in England 1600s just gave me some more insights to how the Art History was impacted until modern times. The churches for Apples and Oranges still look very different. Any comments about the Protestant reformation would be great. But without someones own experiences might be a bit dry. Anyhoo that was the idea I was trying to get at that these old decisions impacted modern life.

Tweetybird;2149897" said:
The Queens advisor Cecil put into place inheritance laws at that time and other laws to make the new King or Queen protestant and these were of course furthered with Henry the VIII.

Actually, this didn't happen until Parliament passed the Act of Settlement in 1701.

"The Act of Settlement is an Act of the Parliament of England that was passed in 1701 to settle the succession to the English and Irish crowns on Protestants only. The next Protestant in line to the throne was the Electress Sophia of Hanover, a granddaughter of James VI of Scotland and I of England. After her the crowns would descend only to her non-Roman Catholic heirs."

There was absolutely no way that Cecil could have put anything whatsoever in place as far as any laws go. Cecil, however, was a Member of Parliament and could have lobbied for changes. Its been Parliament that deems the laws and has been that way since the signing of the Magna Carta in 1215.

Question: How could Henry have furthered anything that Elizabeth I and Cecil supposedly put in place if Henry was Elizabeth's father and would have had to pass on before Elizabeth became Queen? :D

Last edited:
Excellent discussion points. Excellent. Im about to be busy for a bit. For whatever reason I blame Cecil personally for making rules about Apple art and William finding Art history too boring for him. Just joking. I appreciate the info. Will learn some thing new and comment soon on your clever discussion points. And i also believe cecil couldnt contain the more gory orange art. Which i grew up loving. And im mad at cecil for making the crowd at my englush speaking orange church in paris so limited. Of course french oranges wouldnt attend the english speaking church unless like my husband they were married to an english speaker orange like me. Anyhoo will discuss soon.

Methinks you're giving this guy, Cecil, more power than he deserves. He was a member of Parliament. A politician and an advisor to Elizabeth I. :D

Not getting into the subject of art as its not in my wheelhouse of things to talk about. The only "gory" painter I really know of is Goya. Never got into much of the Renaissance art period but I do know it started in the 14th century in Italy and in England, spanned the late 15th- early 17th century.

MQS beheaded is murdered by order of Cecil. In the show i saw on public tv. There were few choices. Old no children or Catholic. My interesting point was how pragmatic james was about Cecil ordering his mothers dearh. From this when i have time i will elaborate. Goigle copies are a bit boring prefer people to talk about what the learn more even if its not perfect more fun. Mary Quuen of Scotts is MQS. Art History comments to follow using originsl thought. James was selected because he had 3 children was protestant and wanted it. Cecil who organuzed his mothers beheading organized his crown. James seemed ok with cecil anyway. More comments maybe Monday.
this is not the case. Mary was tried for Treason and beheaded because she had been involved in plots against Eliz I.

MQS once said if i had been born crested rather than cloven. She was murdered for many things. My interest is how James blithely befriended Cecil after he had ordered his mothers execution and later his crown. Love thy mothers murderer. Anyhoo Cecil you wrecked art history for William all that royal stuff instead of the beauty of art blended with spirituality.

I fail to see how any of the politics and intrigues and goings on involving this time period had anything whatsoever to do with art. The subject probably never entered any of these people's heads at all. Starting with Henry VIII and his breakaway from Rome and the subsequent changes in the religious arenas of Scotland and England and all the way through the Jacobite rebellions, it was a climate fraught with different politics, different ways of thinking and seeing things and different aims to portray them. It was the early 15th century when the English Renaissance in art began and how the art was portrayed stemmed solely from the eyes of the artist themselves.

A Catholic Scots artist may paint something entirely different than a Protestant artist living in London. There is also another influence that may have expressed itself in the art of the period. It was during this time that there were other societies that relied heavily on symbolism in art to convey a message for people "with eyes to see".

Any of the major players and the mainstream religions of this era had about as much influence on the art that came out of that era as David Koresh and his Branch Davidians had influence on the art in our own modern era.

Just as an example, I did a search for Rosicrucian art in England and quite a few examples popped up. :D

https://www.google.com/search?q=Ros...dAhUtneAKHfYsA4IQ7Al6BAgFEBM&biw=1074&bih=554

You may also find this file very interesting. It expressly deals with art during the reign of Elizabeth I. ?

https://375b1364bab998f0d14f-9d7ce9...8df.ssl.cf5.rackcdn.com/vol8_40_71_gordon.pdf

Last edited:
MQS once said if i had been born crested rather than cloven. She was murdered for many things. My interest is how James blithely befriended Cecil after he had ordered his mothers execution and later his crown. Love thy mothers murderer. Anyhoo Cecil you wrecked art history for William all that royal stuff instead of the beauty of art blended with spirituality.

Just a factual correction here. Cecil did *not* order Mary, Queen of Scots execution. The reason why she was executed was that she was arrested and tried by 26 nobles on the grounds that she committed high treason. That is the *sole* reason she was executed.

As for William and art history, there's quite a bit more to getting a university degree as an art history major than the influences in art that were brought about by the English Renaissance era. I'm going to go with the idea that he found it not to much to his liking and decided to switch majors. Many, many first year college and university students do this.

Art history 101

Ha Art History 101 I guess it cant be a Google cut and paste.hey i had an idea look at the local 2 year college and look at the art history 101 class description. Buy the book.

Last edited:
Closed for moderator review.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom