Who Will Rule Them All?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hillary_nugent

Heir Apparent
Country
Australia
Well this is my first ever post that i have started golly i feel so proud of myseld...muhahahaha anyways back to the topic....i was wondering if Europe was to become one great kingdom ruled by a royal family who do you think of all European royalty should rule it and why??? ^__^ i would love to hear your opinion and thanks in advance for those who do reply to this ^___^

adios amigos :woot:

one of the Monaco royalties.Beautiful Charlotte or Handsome Pierre! Andrea is just too scruffy for my liking either them or Princess Alexandra of Denmark!

Ridiculous notion. But in the spirit of ... friendship? I would have to say the Danish Royal Family, it's the oldest and least scandal-plagued of the relevant ones.

hillary_nugent  Posted: May 22nd, 2004 - 7:34 am

wondering if Europe was to become one great kingdom ruled by a royal family who do you think of all European royalty should rule it and why???
Thanks "hillary_nugent" on your first post.

Your topic has - in fact - come up in some discussions.

I am inclined to think that the idea of "United States of Europe" is not too far off.
If a royal family will lead it, that is a further development ..... putting on my "see into the distance spec's" I can see a current monarch being chosen for a five-year term, in a fashion similar to what occurs in Malayasia. I imagine the selection will be like that at present in use of the current (and future) governors of the ECB. Politics and diplomacy at the fore !!!!

thanks for replying Uther...er...in the spirit of 'friendship' hahahaha...very nice of u too and thanks to La_princessa and king Christian too...i thought no one would really bother to reply as it is a rather sill idea....hahahah even i think it is and i hope it doesn't happen because i like the idea of many royal family with different cultures....but u never can be sure of what may happen in the future...i'm sure people centuries ago did not imagine life in the future to be like the way it is present with the exception of perhaps Nostradamus....hahahahaha

Originally posted by King Christian@May 23rd, 2004 - 1:27 am
I am inclined to think that the idea of "United States of Europe" is not too far off.
I presume you are talking of having the EU :yuk: evolve into a "United States of Europe". :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:
As a Die-hard believer in the sanctity of Denmark's independence, I can assure you that should it come to that it will be over my dead body.

Originally posted by Duke of Earl+May 23rd, 2004 - 7:23 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Duke of Earl @ May 23rd, 2004 - 7:23 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-King Christian@May 23rd, 2004 - 1:27 am
I presume you are talking of having the EU :yuk: evolve into a "United States of Europe". :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:
As a Die-hard believer in the sanctity of Denmark's independence, I can assure you that should it come to that it will be over my dead body.[/b][/quote]
I'm with you on this one Duke of Earl, I would never accept anything less than independence. It would be a disgrace :furious: if Denmark were to be lumped together with the rest of Europe's countries :yuk: , it's bad enough that we have to subsidize them through the EU :yuk: . I have never met a Dane, regardless of political persuasion, who would welcome or even tolerate a United States of Europe. :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:
The notion of this is enough to make me :sick:

But King Christian, how about officially making Canada the 51st. state :woot: :woot:

Originally posted by Theilmann@May 23rd, 2004 - 7:02 am
But King Christian, how about officially making Canada the 51st. state :woot: :woot:
How about we make the USA the 11th province or 4th territory instead? :lol:

Duke of Earl  Posted: May 23rd, 2004 - 6:23 am
the idea of "United States of Europe" is not too far off.
I presume you are talking of having the EU evolve into a "United States of Europe".
As a Die-hard believer in the sanctity of Denmark's independence, I can assure you that should it come to that it will be over my dead body.
It will probably take so long to develop, that in all likelihood it will be over your 'dead body'. ;)

Lyonnaise  Posted: May 23rd, 2004 - 7:59 am
How about we make the USA the 11th province or 4th territory instead?
...pssst .... don't tell 'em..... it already is the 4th. ;)

United States of Europe, Yeah right :wacko:
That one was too far fetched King Christian, not in a million years :p

Sounds like Bismark's machinations to have Prussia take over all of the small German principalities in the 19th century.

If I remember correctly that led directly into World War I.

maybe the british royal family... but i would love to have maxima as queen in the EU... :heart:

Originally posted by King Christian@May 23rd, 2004 - 8:27 am
Lyonnaise   Posted: May 23rd, 2004 - 7:59 am
How about we make the USA the 11th province or 4th territory instead?
...pssst .... don't tell 'em..... it already is the 4th. ;)
Uh, as an American, I don't think so???

Golly..United States of Europe??? Indeed NOT!!!

I'm not European [i'm Australian] and even i would dread such an event....Europe would just torally lose the very essence that makes is Europe!!! i can not imagine a United States of Europe and if such an event did happen the world would be doomed! That would mean only one government would have the authorative power??? O___O Europe is just to large in the sense of culture and lifestyle to be under the rule of one government >__<

This will be hard to do, should it ever come to pass.

Each monarch represents the social contract in his/her country, and all that it means. "Social contracts" are largely unwritten. They're a set of common expectations and customs and, most importantly, a set of obligations each citizen or subject owes to other citizens or subjects. Commoners have obligations to kings and queens and vice versa. This can lead to laws, but social contracts go much deeper than laws. Each monarch also stands for national identity and patriotism, things closely related to social contract. A social contract enhances patriotism and national identity makes it much easier to have a social contract.

It will have to be worked out. Just who the best royals will be is anybody's guess and the candidates may be the ones we see in christening pictures, not their parents.

Josefine said:
if europe would become united i do not think there would be a king or queen of europe
Yes...the monarchies have dropped like flies. I don't think the European people would be very happy with a king or queen for a head of state. And, it's my impression [please correct away if I'm wrong] is that some of the monarchies- like those of Great Britain and Spain- are fairly weak, with the people leaning towards abolishing them.
I live in the US and I tell ya- I'd love to have a monarch for a head of state. Beats a president any day.

suturegeisha said:
I live in the US and I tell ya- I'd love to have a monarch for a head of state. Beats a president any day.
Haha! Agree.

As for "if Europe was to become one great kingdom ruled by a royal family who do you think of all European royalty should rule it" ? I would like it to be the Royal family of Belgium, or Sweden or Denmark.

No way...I'm from the US and I would choose a republic everytime if ever given the option.

Just think, whenever we (Americans) don't like out heads of state we can easily get rid of him. However those in monarchies don't have that option.:p

Alisa said:
No way...I'm from the US and I would choose a republic everytime if ever given the option.

Just think, whenever we (Americans) don't like out heads of state we can easily get rid of him. However those in monarchies don't have that option.:p
This is true! :) I don't know, I guess I just like the idea of a constitutional monarchy. Call me crazy. It would never work in this country anyway, so I've gotta be happy with what I've got!

Josefine said:
if europe would become united i do not think there would be a king or queen of europe

I agree. Although European monarchies have evolved with the times, the entire notion of a monarch is an archaic one. Im pretty sure most monarchies will go the way of the dinosaur eventually.

Lyonnaise said:
How about we make the USA the 11th province or 4th territory instead? :lol:
im sure Canadians haven't done anything to deserve that...I know I havent ;)

its funny though, I heard that with all the talk of many Americans wanting to move to Canada because of the election, one American newspaper jokingly suggested that the "blue states" join the Canadian confederation.

Last edited:
~*~Humera~*~ said:
I agree. Although European monarchies have evolved with the times, the entire notion of a monarch is an archaic one. Im pretty sure most monarchies will go the way of the dinosaur eventually.

i do not think there will be a united europe the contries are so much different from one and other

princessvalondra said:
Haha! Agree.

As for "if Europe was to become one great kingdom ruled by a royal family who do you think of all European royalty should rule it" ? I would like it to be the Royal family of Belgium, or Sweden or Denmark.

Charles the Gaulle suggested that the house of Luxembourg would become the hereditairy heads of state of a united europe. They are Nassau's so acceptable for The Netherlands and Germany, The then Grand Duchess was married to a Prince of Bourbon-Parma, which would cover Italy and France, the then heir was married to a belgian and Luxembourg was such a small country that a head of state from there would not cause envie among the other reigning heads of state.

This is an interesting topic. But I have to add that during the reign of Philip II of Spain, his empire was so vast that one particular saying, "The sun never sets on the British empire" was originally linked to him (change British for the Holy Roman Empire).

I thought that Luxembourg was an interesting choice, due to all the links they have. However, can't that be the argument of every, single royal house since they are all connected?

HM Queen Elizabeth II still rules for over 50 years since her dad's death and she never let down as head of state

I'm going to ignore the dynamics with how the USE would work, but I think the Danish Royal Family would be a great contendor. They are really popular right now, are the oldest family, and they have been pretty much scandal free. Oh I like the Princely Family of Monaco a lot too but how much is a princely family respected in royal circles? They have more scandals, obviously, but they're very interesting. (And if it should be considered...stylish and attractive also!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom