Origin Of Royal Names

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Who is Margaret's uncle here? I take it you mean David Bowes Lyon? Agree that the name David was probaby given to young David AJ because of his maternal uncle, not David Duke of Windsor..or due to its being a Welsih name

Sorry I edited my post just before posting it. Originally did say Sir David Bowes-Lyon. Didn't realise I took it out.

Sorry I edited my post just before posting it. Originally did say Sir David Bowes-Lyon. Didn't realise I took it out.

Thanks, I see. I know that David BL was the queen Mother's favourite brother, did not realise that he had died soon before Marg's son was born, so I think its obvious that the name was given to the baby to remember DBL

Philippe and Mathilde's children:

Princess Elisabeth: Elisabeth: Great-great grandmother Queen Elisabeth of the Belgians as well as possibly her aunt Elisabeth d'Udekem d'Acoz. Therese: Family name from her mother's side. Marie: Traditional family name. Helene: Aunt and godparent Helene d'Udekem d'Acoz.

Prince Gabriel: Gabriel: His parents liked the name. Baudouin: Great-uncle King Baudouin. Charles: uncle and godparent: Charles d'Udekem d'Acoz. Marie: Traditional family name.

Prince Emmanuel: Emmanuel: His parents liked the name. Leopold: Great-grandfather King Leopold III of the Belgians. Guillaume: Godparent Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume. Francois: Not sure. Marie: Traditional family name.

Princess Eleonore: Eleonore: Her parents liked the name. Fabiola: Great-aunt Queen Fabiola. Victoria: godparent Crown Princess Victoria. Anne: Grandmother Countess Anna Maria. Marie: Traditional family name.

Mathilde's father and brothers have Francois Xavier in their name. Seems Emmanuel having it is a nod to his grandfather and great uncles.
That could be, but I think the most likely explanation is that Emmanuel was born on 4 October, the feast day of Saint Francis (François in French) of Assisi

Back
Top Bottom