Help Identifying Royal Cypher Monogram & Coronet

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Doughboy

City
Whitecroft
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Obviously new here and hopefully posting in the correct thread. I would love some help identifying this Royal cypher or monogram and the crown or coronet above. It is in blue enamel on a solid silver (900 silver so not British hallmark) little snuff type box. I've had it some time and drawn a blank so far with my research so hoping someone might know more. I think, as with a lot of collecting, that the devil is in the detail. The fact it is in blue leans me towards Scandinavian but as yet not found an exact match for the crown or coronet. No luck either with the monogram which looks like 'EV' or 'VE' but might not be as simple! Thanks in advance....

Attachments

• SAM_5151.jpg
    SAM_5151.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 95
  • SAM_5152.jpg
    SAM_5152.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 75
Hi, Obviously new here and hopefully posting in the correct thread. I would love some help identifying this Royal cypher or monogram and the crown or coronet above. It is in blue enamel on a solid silver (900 silver so not British hallmark) little snuff type box. I've had it some time and drawn a blank so far with my research so hoping someone might know more. I think, as with a lot of collecting, that the devil is in the detail. The fact it is in blue leans me towards Scandinavian but as yet not found an exact match for the crown or coronet. No luck either with the monogram which looks like 'EV' or 'VE' but might not be as simple! Thanks in advance....

To me it looks Danish. Maybe Prince Viggo of Denmark, Count of Rosenborg and his wife Eleanor?

Thank you, Danish fits with my Scandinavian idea and Prince Viggo and Eleanor would fit the monogram. The interesting thing is their timeline would fit with my estimation of the age of the box which came to me with other items, some of which were dated between World War 1 and World War 2. They were a random mix of items but meant the owner would have travelled extensively around Europe and also South America making me think he/she might have been some kind of Diplomat. I have emailed the Danish Monarchy archives to see if they can confirm or otherwise... Fingers crossed!

It could be for Victor Emmanuel but I think it’s more likely to belong to Victoria Eugenia of Spain. Don’t rely on the color to be an identifying factor, especially on an older item.

Thank you Glasshouse for your contribution. Hopefully the puzzle has now been solved. I have attached a link to an identical box and monogram sold at Dorotheum auction in Vienna in 2014 describing it as 'King Victor Emanuel III of Italy Gift Tabatiere'. Assuming the cataloguing is correct I think we have found the answer.https://www.dorotheum.com/en/l/3873658/

Thank you both for your help, the puzzle has been solved!
An identical box sold at Dorotheum Auction in Vienna on 30/04/2014 (lot 197). Catalogued as King Victor Emmanuel III of Italy (1869-1947) Gift Tabatiere.
I tried to post a link but maybe because I'm new it wouldn't let me.
Thanks again and Kind Regards
Peter.

New member looking for help identifying a cypher

Hello all,

I joined this morning with the hope that someone can help me ID this cypher. I am fairly certain it is from the mid-late 18th century, most likely mainland Europe, beyond that I have no other information. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_5514.jpg
    IMG_5514.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 42
Do you have any more information?
On what item does it appear?

Obviously letters J,G or I; F and P which are below a crown.
Hopefully someone can offer you real answers and identification which will be fun to know.

Royal monogram identity

Hi all. I am hoping someone can shed some light on this cypher/monogram. It appears on a 19th century percussion shotgun made by J. Robertson of Haddington,Ireland.

Attachments

• DF975E83-8278-4267-BFA4-9013A9651166.jpg
    DF975E83-8278-4267-BFA4-9013A9651166.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Looking for information about Royal Cyoher

Does anyone have any information on this cypher?

Attachments

• IMG_1194.jpg
    IMG_1194.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom