Favourite Deceased Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
King Baudoin of Belgium
Emperor Karl of Austria
Empress Zita of Austria
King George VI
King Louis XVI (if you can read in French, I suggest you his biography by Jean-Christian Petitfils. This book changed my opinion about Louis XVI)

Last edited:
my fore-father King Canute The Great
my fore-father King Svein Forkbeard
my fore-father King Harald Bluetooth

:flowers:

Stefano Casiraghi, who wasn't exactly royal, but who lived like one, who behaved like one, and who entered the realm of the legend like no real Royal ever did ( except, maybe, Pcs Grace... )

Princess Diana of Wales and Princess Grace of Monaco. :angel:

diana princess of wales
queen elizabeth the queen mom

Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother

Her Majesty Queen Mary
Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother
HRH The Princess Margaret, The Countess of Snowden

Hmm, well since a majority of my favorites have died long before I was born and those I do like are still alive this is a tough question. Perhaps, I will say... The Queen Mother, but only to a point.

The Queen Mother was someone whose admiration spanned 4 generations in my family.

Princess Grace's and Princess Diana's untimely deaths severely shocked and upset me beyond words. My mother could have been Princess Grace's twin sister....

Yet the royal who has haunted my dreams since I was a kid is Grand Duchess Anastasia...and all the questions surrounding her life/death...I feel so connected to her in some odd way and she has been the reason for my lifelong fascination with royalty.

Last edited:
The Queen Mother was someone whose admiration spanned 4 generations in my family.

Princess Grace's and Princess Diana's untimely deaths severely shocked and upset me beyond words. My mother could have been Princess Grace's twin sister....

Yet the royal who has haunted my dreams since I was a kid is Grand Duchess Anastasia...and all the questions surrounding her life/death...I feel so connected to her in some odd way and she has been the reason for my lifelong fascination with royalty.

Your mother was obviously a great beauty if she looked like Princess Grace's twin. I think I am still in denial about Diana. I feel so angry and depressed about it...a terrible waste. I even feel a twinge of pain when I see William and Harry now...my God how she would burst with pride at how they have turned out. Same with Grace and her incredibly beautiful grandchildren that she never saw. It all seems so cruel.

Diana, Princess of Wales
Emperor Nicholas II of Russia
Empress Alexandra of Russia
Grand Duchess Olga of Russia
Grand Duchess Tatiana of Russia
Grand Duchess Maria of Russia
Grand Duchess Anastasia of Russia
Tsarevich Alexei of Russia
Princess Grace of Monaco

Prince Claus - he died much too early! At least he managed to be present at his eldest son's wedding. He and Beatrix were a true love match and lifetime companions and would have deserved to grow old together, enjoying their grandchildren.

Queen Victoria of England
Prince Claus of the Netherlands
Princess Grace of Monaco

Princess Grace
Queen Frederika
Queen Ingrid
Princess Diana
Mme La Contesse de Paris

Princess Grace of course.She was a fairy-tale princess who will always be remembered.:rose:

My all time favourites:
Queen Eleanor of Aquitania, Queen Isabel I of Spain, Empress Catherina the Great of Russia, Emperor Nicholas and Empress Alexandra of Russia, Emperor Franz Josef and Empress Elisabeth (Sissi) of Austria-Hungary, Princess Anastasia, Prince Rainier and Princess Grace of Monaco and, of course, Princess Diana:rose:

My favourites are

-Queen Elizabeth I
-King Karl XIV Johan of Sweden (the first Bernadotte)

These two I really wish I could have seen with my own eyes...
Such personalities, such great lives!

And from 20th century

-Crown Princess Margareta of Sweden
-Queen Astrid of Belgium

Both dead far too early, both representing something newer, lighter in their countries, both very, very loved, both mothers with small children.

And some more

- Queen Louise of Sweden. King Gustav VI Adolf made good choices.
Humor, wit, a strong person who didn´t had an easy life but always
did her best - and, when required, a lady with a truly, regal grandezza.
- King George VI of GB. So brave, so hardworking. He had earned a longer,
happier life.

king hussein of jordan
sheikh zayed of the uae
king baudouin of belgium
princess diana of wales
prince rainier and grace kelly of monaco

Princess Diana, I always think about her and I miss her terribly :sad: and
Princess Grace of Monaco.

Empress Elisabeth of Austria-Hungary.
Though ofcourse I could not possible have lived that time but she was probably one of te most interesting royals ever. I thank my 'obsession' to royals because of her.

I miss Lady Diana Spencer (later The Princess Charles, Princess of Wales), not because of her personality (we cannot know if she was a good person or not), but because of the ideals she represented.

I deeply respect Katherine, the last surviving Queen of Bosnia, who lost her kingdom to the Ottoman invaders. Of course, no living person has memory of her, as she died in 1478, but she is a legend among the Bosnian Catholics and is respected by the Muslims and Eastern Orthodox people.

Prince Claus, Beatrix could not have had a better husband and we good not have had a better prince -consort. A very noble man indeed!!

Of course Princess Diana and Princess Grace. Such tragedy.

Nicholas II and family, especially the children who really were killed for no reason and Alexandra's sister Ella who's whole life was sad.

Alexandra of Denmark who loved her husband very much but had to deal with all his affairs.

The Duke and Duchess of Windsor. I know they're not the most popular choices but I've always felt a lot of sympathy for them.

And Princess Margaret, who was a bit tragic and I think always felt in her sister's shadow.

Queen Victoria of United Kingdom.
Queen Ingrid of Denmark.
Queen Elizabeth, The Queen Mother.
:flowers:

Lord Louis Mountbatten
Princess Marina
Queen Mary
George Duke of Kent
Queen Elizabeth, The Queen Mother

King Albert I of the Belgians
Queen Elisabeth of Belgium
King Umberto II of Italy