Favourite Deceased Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Queen Astrid of Beliguim
Queen Julianna of Holland
Queen Mother, Elizabeth of England
Queen Maria Jose of Italy
King Olav of Norway
Princess Martha of Sweden (Olav's wife)
Princess Antonia of Luxemburg (and later Bavaria)
Princess Margaretha of Sweden (later married Prince Axel of Denmark)
Queen Wilhelmina of Holland
Queen Marie of Romania
Princess Ieana of Romania
Princess Diana of England
Princess Margaret of England

Astrid of Belgium
Diana, Princess of Wales
Sir Angus Olgivy
Grace of Monaco
Claus of the Netherlands
George VI of Great Britain

- Kaiserin Maria Theresa of the Holy Roman Empire, Queen of Hungary & Bohemia, Archduchess of Austra.
- Tsarina Catherine the Great.
- Queen & Empress Consort Alexandrina Victoria.
- King Christian X
- Queen & Empress Consort Alexandra.
- Dowager Tsarina Consort Maria Fyodorovna.
- Queen & Empress Consort Elizabeth, Queen Mother.
- Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon.

"MII"

My favorite deceased royals are: Queen Mary, Queen Victoria, Princess Marie
Louise and Queen Ingrid of Denmark.

The Queen Mother, the Windsors really lost a true royal when she went.
King Christian X, what every King should be.
Princess Grace, beauty and grace inside and out, a true princess.

Sadly, she commited suicide.

Mine is Princess Louise of Denmark (1875-1906) she had a so sad story.

Diana, Princess of Wales
Grace, Princesse of Monaco
Margaret, Princess of England
Rainier, Prince of Monaco

The Queen mother Queen Elizabeth

but need polls who more best for Royals deceased

but i knew many people still low-profiles since late Diana,Princess of Wales's death in 1997 and HM Queen Mother,Princess Margaret also

Lady Diana !!!!!!!!!

:) Definetely Lady Diana !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

betina said:
Mine is Princess Louise of Denmark (1875-1906) she had a so sad story.

what is her story?

Marengo said:
what is her story?

I'm not all that familiar with Princess Louise of Denmark, but it would seem (to almost anyone) that dying at such a young age and leaving behind several children and her husband (Prince Friedrich of Schaumburg-Lippe) is quite the tragic tale.

"MII"

Last edited:
Marengo said:
what is her story?
Not too much is known about Princess Louise, she was the eldest daughter of King Frederik VIII and his Swedish born wife Lovisa.

As QMII said, she married Prince Friedrich of Schaumburg-Lippe (arranged by her mother), apparently she wasn't happy in her marriage, missed her family and suffered from depression. She is said to have suffered from cerebral inflammation, combined with her depression, apparently she just lost her will to live. She left behind three young children, Marie Louise, Christian and Stephanie.

Here is a pic of her with her family taken at her daughter's christening
Book: Kongelig Barndom

Back (L-R): Prince Willem Karl of Schaumburg-Lippe (Louise's Father-in-Law), Prince Albrecht of Schaumburg-Lippe (Brother-in-Law), Princess Bathildis (Mother-in-Law)
Front (L-R): Queen Lovisa of Denmark (mother), Princess Louise with her daughter Marie Louise and Prince Friedrich of Schaumburg-Lippe.

Last edited:
Why did her mother want her to marry a (junior) prince of Schaumburg-Lippe, which wasn't reall a prestegious match?

Marengo said:
Why did her mother want her to marry a (junior) prince of Schaumburg-Lippe, which wasn't reall a prestegious match?
Can't answer that one, but the Schaumburg-Lippes were extremely wealthy, one of the richest of the reigning German Princely Families.
The genealogies state that Princess Louise suicided in 1906.

Thanks Warren. I wondered if Lovisa had the same tactics as Queen Victoria, letting her daughters marry junior princes to keep them close. Did the younger Louise live in Denmark or in Germany after her marriage?

Wasn't one of the reasons that Frederik of Denmark married Lovisa of Sweden that she was a very wealthy woman (her grandfather Prince Frederik of the Netherlands was very wealthy indeed)? So I assumed that after her te danish RF would have less problems with their cash flow (which was the reason King Christian and Queen Louise did not attend their daughter Dagmars wedding in St. Petersburg).

Totally OT now, but this Louise was one in a long line of Louise's, starting with Queen Luise of Prussia, nee Dss of Mecklenburg-Strelitz, Princess Luise of The Netherlands, nee Pss of Prussia, Queen Louise of Sweden and Norway, nee Pss of The Netherlands, Queen Lovisa of Denmark, nee Pss of Sweden, Princess Louise of Schaumburg-Lippe, nee Pss of Denmark, Princess Louise of Prussia, nee Pss of Schaumburg-Lippe, Princess Louise of Prussia, mrs Reinhold. As the last one only had one son the line of the Louise's ended there.

I dont think that she was very tactical about her daughters marriage.
Louise was married to a prince of Schaumburg-Lippe
Ingeborg to a prince of Sweden
Thyra was never married
Dagmar was married to count Castenskiold

betina said:
I dont think that she was very tactical about her daughters marriage.
Louise was married to a prince of Schaumburg-Lippe
Ingeborg to a prince of Sweden
Thyra was never married
Dagmar was married to count Castenskiold

Hi Betina :)

Thyra was married. She was married to Ernst August of Hanover, 3rd Duke of Cumberland. It is said that HM the Queen Luise thought this a great match as she firmly believed that Enrst August would be returned to the throne as King, making her daughter Queen Consort of Hanover. That of course, never happend.

"MII"

Last edited:
Margrethe II said:
Hi Betina :)

Thyra was married. She was married to Ernst August of Hanover, 3rd Duke of Cumberland. It is said that HM the Queen Luise thought this a great match as she firmly believed that Enrst August would be returned to the throne as King, making her daughter Queen Consort of Hanover. That of course, never happend.

"MII"

MII,

You have the Thyra's mixed. Thyra, the daughter of Lovisa and sister of Louise (who we are talking about above) never married.

Thyra, the aunt, sister of Frederik VIII (Thyra's father) was married to Ernst August, the Duke of Cumberland.

Marengo said:
Did the younger Louise live in Denmark or in Germany after her marriage?
Prince Wilhelm of Schaumburg-Lippe, Princess Louise of Denmark's husband, was the proprietor of the lordship of Nachod in Bohemia. She suicided at Ratiboritz, which is close to Nachod. There must have been a family estate at Ratiboritz because the genealogies show a large number of Schaumburg-Lippe (and other Lippe) births, marriages and deaths taking place there. Especially deaths; it must have been the Schaumburg-Lippe retirement home. :)

pdas1201 said:
MII,

You have the Thyra's mixed. Thyra, the daughter of Lovisa and sister of Louise (who we are talking about above) never married.

Thyra, the aunt, sister of Frederik VIII (Thyra's father) was married to Ernst August, the Duke of Cumberland.

Can you please pass the Kleenex tissues so I can wipe this egg off my face pdas1201? Indeed my sincere apologies. I definitly got the two confused.

Thankyou for the correction.

"MII"

My favourite deceased royal is Princess Grace of Monaco.

Margrethe II said:
Can you please pass the Kleenex tissues so I can wipe this egg off my face pdas1201? Indeed my sincere apologies. I definitly got the two confused.

Thankyou for the correction.

"MII"
When you have two Danish queens by the name of Louise, and they both have daughters by the names of Dagmar and Thyra... it is easy to get confused.

Back
Top Bottom