European Royals of North, Central and South American Descent (excluding Brazil)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Quin

Gentry
City
Los Angeles
Country
United States
In my leisurely study of royalty, I have come across a few royals who have new world origins also excluding the US.

I invite anyone to list such persons and any information that they may have on that new world ascendant(s).

Last edited:
Mmm.. how about Princess Caroline, Stephanie and Albert of Monaco, whose mother, Princess Grace, was american?

:) How about princess MAxima from Holland. She's Argentine born.

Quin, you mean born royals or consorts?

Thank you for the assistance, but what I am primarily interested in is those obscure and lesser known royals and their unusual backgrounds.

For example the past of Maxima’s father who was some high (?) ranking military officer in the Argentine military government that (allegedly or actually) committed domestic crimes against humanity the likes of Pinochet in Chile.

I understand that this was the reason why Maxima's father did not attend her wedding.

Thank for your assistance.

Mari:

Both but in the context of my previous post.

Thank you,

Quin

Last edited by a moderator:
You can go to the Prince and Princess of Orange thread, there´s a lot about Maxima, specifically on page 4 about her family. On the thread about the family of Luxembourg, look for Maria Teresa, who is from Cuba.On the non-Royal Houses look for Prince Louis Alphonse of Bourbon, her wife is from Venezuela. And there are more which i don´t remember.

Quin said:
For example the past of Maxima’s father who was some high (?) ranking military officer in the Argentine military government that (allegedly or actually) committed domestic crimes against humanity the likes of Pinochet in Chile.

Her father was the under-secretary of agriculture, to be exact. And the almost war against Chile was among the least of the horrible things that occured during the time he served under Jorge Rafael Videla, Argentinian president who captured power in a coup d'etat. They abolished most human liberties, judiciaries, and all labor organizations. There was also a "Junta" or dirty war. I believe that Maxima's father has never been convicted in association to those crimes, but to avoid problems, avoided Maxima's wedding. Hope this helps!

And there is also Princess Khaliya, who married a son of the Aga Khan, but was formerly Miss Kristin White, of New Jersey. (Check out "Old, New, Royal, and Blue" for more info)

Last edited:
LK:

This is precisely the type of information I am interested particularly the Aga Khan.

Thank you,

Q

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom