Royal Cyphers, Coronets, Arms and Monograms

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Josefine

Majesty
Country
Sweden
I just notice that every crown looks different for the members of the Swedish royal family. besides the king and queens...

Attachments

• Untitled_1.jpg
    Untitled_1.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 2,812
I also found Crown Prince Fredriks monogram

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 768
interesting monograms for the swedish royal family .....
note how the initials are duplicated for 3 of the 5 family members, except for the second oldest and the youngest.

where did you see this book with monogram? who or what is your source?

Interesting

Attachments

• Untitled_1.jpg
    Untitled_1.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 13,318
Last edited by a moderator:
here is Prince William Alexander & princess Maxima Monogram

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 10,365
Queen Elizabeth II

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 6,093
Here was Princess Grace's...

Attachments

• GraceHommage.2.jpg
    GraceHommage.2.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 4,184
Great monograms, Josefine! I especially liked Queen Margrethe's with all the curly-cues and those grand sweeps. Willem and Maxima's monogram was also very nice - the couple have very compatible intitials with the W and M, making for a rather grand monogram.

I love that monograms of Her Majesty the Queen 2 like as EII2 its SO neat! when i visit to England last year mostly police use that on coat and shirt beside of EII2 and cap also!

Sara Boyce

Queen Elizabeth II monogram looks odd to me like a disney version are there any other picture of her monogram

As originally posted by anna, Frederik and Mary of Denmark's official monogram as designed by Queen Margrethe.

Attachments

• monogram_roed_1.jpg
    monogram_roed_1.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 923
Joachim and Alexandra's monogram
posted by Sylvia at the Glittering Royal Events Message Board

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 882
Originally posted by Josefine@Sep 23rd, 2003 - 4:30 pm
I just notice that every crown looks different for the members of the Swedish royal family. besides the king and queens...
Historically there have been different crowns for the heir, younger sons, and younger daughters. As you may know, until 1905 male members of the RF wore their coronets to the opening of Parliament, while the King wore his crown and mantle. In old pictures you could see the princes wearing their different coronets.

S. ~

Princess Alexandra zu Sayn-Wittgestein-Berleburg and her Count Jefferson
posted by Joris at The Scandinavian Royals Message Board

source Merete Wilkenschildt, Kgl. Leksikon, 1998.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 6,616
Joachim´s and Alexandra´s combined monogrammes.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 6,646
Margrethe & Henri monogram

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 6,698
Princess Alexia and Carlos' wedding.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 800
Willem-Alexander & Máxima

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 737
Haakon & Mette-Marit's

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 1,345
Pavlos and Marie-Chantal's

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 751
Princess Alexandra of Kent's monogram

Attachments

• princess_letter.gif
    princess_letter.gif
    6 KB · Views: 684
Queen Elizabeth II's monogram

Attachments

• mo1.jpg
    mo1.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 641
A monogram of a member of the Russian Imperial Family.

Attachments

• mo2.jpg
    mo2.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 491
Look at this. Queen Margrethe II is really a very artistic queen.

Queen Margrethe designs Norwegian monogram
7-8-2001

'The wedding of the year' in Oslo later this month will draw around 40 representatives from Europe's royal families. The nation's own Queen Margrethe is the brains behind the happy couple's official porcelain.

Queen Margrethe has designed the monogram for Norway's prospective royal family, Crown Prince Haakon and his fiancée Mette-Marit. The couple were so happy with the 'H' sitting over two 'M's, that they've ordered the monogram to be embossed on the dinner service they are receiving as a wedding gift from the Norwegian firm Porsgrund Porcelain. The monogram is in silver, and is polished with a special brush.

The marriage of Haakon and Mette-Marit on August 25 promises to be a major media event. The Norwegian Foreign Office confirmed that 971 press people have been accredited to cover the three-day-long wedding festivities. Of this press contingent, three Norwegian newspapers alone are sending 245 journalists and photographers.

Reporter Barbara Walters will be covering the event for the American ABC network, sharing duties with 40 journalists from Spain, 33 from Germany, 31 from Denmark, and 19 from both France and the Netherlands.

Our royal family will come out in strong numbers to congratulate the bride and groom. In addition to Queen Margrethe, Crown Prince Frederik will participate in the wedding, together with Prince Richard and Princess Benedikte and their children. Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra will also be in Norway for two days. The Swedish royal family is due to attend, as is Belgium's royal couple, and Spain's Queen Sofia and Crown Prince Felipe.

Both Queen Margrethe's husband, Prince Henrik, and King Juan Carlos of Spain declined the invitation. They will both instead by attending the 150th America's Cup in Cowes, England together with Prince Philip, who will be represented at the Norwegian wedding by his eldest and youngest sons.

Originally posted by Josefine@Jan 15th, 2004 - 4:24 pm
Margrethe & Henri monogram

i can't figure out what happened to the H for Henrik.

The H on Queen Margrethe II and Prince Henrik's monogram is bended. There are 2 on both sides.

Originally posted by paulette@Jan 17th, 2004 - 11:32 am
A monogram of a member of the Russian Imperial Family.
This one's really interesting; I really like it.

Back
Top Bottom