Royal Cyphers, Coronets, Arms and Monograms

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
200px-Royal_CoA_of_Norway.svg.png

Coat of Arms of HM the King of Norway and the Royal Family

NORW1001.GIF

Standard of HM the King of Norway

NORW1002.GIF

Standard of HRH the Crown Prince of Norway

Scale

Monogram of HM King Harold V of Norway

Scale

Monogram of HM Queen Sonja of Norway

Scale

Monogram of HRH Crown Prince Haakon

Scale

Monogram of HRH Crown Princess Mette-Marit

0.jpg

Standard of HM King Michael of Romania

517409096_250e9cbd5f.jpg

Coat of Arms of King Michael of Romania and the House of Romania

200px-Royal_Monogram_of_King_Michael_of_Romania.svg.png

Monogram of King Michael of Romania

Letter%20from%20HM%20King%20Michael%20of%20Romania.jpg

Letterhead of King Michael of Romania

Excellent work vonLichtenberg.

Thanks! I thought I would pick up on what you started :)

200px-Coat_of_Arms_of_Spanish_Monarch.svg.png

Coat of Arms of HM the King of Spain

200px-Personal_Coat_of_arms_of_Sofia%2C_Queen_of_Spain.svg.png

Coat of Arms of HM the Queen of Spain

200px-Coat_of_Arms_of_the_Prince_of_Asturias.svg.png

Coat of Arms of HRH the Prince of Asturias

200px-Estandarte_Real_de_Espa%C3%B1a.svg.png

Standard of HM the King of Spain

200px-Estandarte_del_Pr%C3%ADncipe_de_Asturias.svg.png

Standard of HRH the Prince of Asturias

rigsvaben.jpg.img

Coat of Arms of HM the Queen of Denmark

200px-Royal_Standard_of_Denmark.svg.png

Royal Standard of Denmark

200px-Standard_of_the_Crown_Prince_of_Denmark.svg.png

Standard of HRH the Crown Prince of Denmark

200px-Standard_of_Prince_Consort_Henrik_of_Denmark.svg.png

Standard of HRH the Prince Consort of Denmark

200px-Standard_of_the_Royal_House_of_Denmark.svg.png

Standard of other members of the Royal House of Denmark

Funny how the Lichtenberg arms and standard resemble the arms and standard of the Federal Republic and its President.

Greetings Harold!

Inspiration was drawn from there for sure, mostly for the Hereditary Prince's Flag. Though the idea (for us) came from the German Imperial Crown Prince's Coat of Arms. If you want to find out more about the history of it and why we have the eagle feel free to contact me or ask on here.

image020.jpg

Coat of Arms of the German Crown Prince

200px-Kronprinzenstandarte_Version1.svg.png

Standard of the German Crown Prince

Last edited:
I found this the other day while researching monograms of the British Royal Family.

image.asp

Monogram of the Duke and Duchess of Windsor #1

I like it much better than this one

200px-Royal_Monogram_of_The_Duke_and_Duchess_of_Windsor.svg.png

Monogram of the Duke and Duchess of Windsor #2

500px-Coat_of_Arms_of_Edward%2C_Duke_of_Windsor.svg.png

Coat of Arms of the Duke of Windsor

HRH Infanta Elena of Spain,Duchess of Lugo

Coat_of_Infanta_Elena_of_Spain%2C_Duchess_of_Lugo.png

HRH Infanta Cristina of Spain, Duchess of Palma de Mallorca

Coat_of_arms_of_Infanta_Cristina_of_Spain%2C_Duchess_of_Palma.svg

HRH nfanta Pilar of Spain, Duchess of Badajoz,Viscountess de la Torre.

Coat_of_arms_of_Infanta_Pilar_of_Spain%2C_Duchess_of_Badajoz.svg

HRH Infanta Margarita of Spain, Duchess of Soria and Duchess of Hernani.

Coat_of_arms_of_Infanta_Margarita_of_Spain%2C_Duchess_of_Soria.svg

So pretty An Ard Ri!

Do you know if any members of the Spanish Royal Family have monograms or standards other than the King, Queen, and Prince of Asturias?

festinggm5.jpg

Coat of Arms of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta

Stemma-Gran-Maestro-Matthew-Festing.jpg

Coat of Arms of His Most Eminent Highness Prince Grand Master Matthew Festing

mt_gm988.gif

Flag of His Most Eminent Highness Prince Grand Master Matthew Festing
The Prince Grand Master also has a banner of his arms which can be seen here

Coat+of+arms+km.jpg

Coat of Arms of the Late Prince Grand Master Andrew Bertie

armsmojn.jpg

Coat of Arms of the Late Prince Grand Master Angelo de Mojana di Cologna

Last edited:
The Arms, Standards, Monograms etc of the so-called 'Principality of Lichtenberg' have been removed as they are fanciful creations dating from 2010 and therefore have no relevance to The Royal Forums.

Warren
TRF Admin

Thanks for these, I greatly admire the heraldry of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta.

Last edited by a moderator:
A note on the posting of Coats of Arms

Images greater than 650px in height tend not to fit a standard-sized computer screen when displayed within a post.
The size of the displayed image must take into account the standard header (and if the member has a signature, a footer) which take up some of the available space within a post.

For optimum display so that individual images don't require scrolling to view, please resize images before posting so that the height of the image does not exceed 650px, with preferably a maximum height of 600px.

thanks,
Warren

4961149612_6c1b201155_z.jpg

Monogram of HSH the Reigning Prince of Liechtenstein*

(*I contacted the Prince's Office to ask if that was correct and if any other members had one)

I'm not sure that this is the monogram of Prince Hans-Adam. It looks more like two "L's" in mirror image of each other. Maybe it's a monogram representing "Liechtenstein."

What was the cypher used by HRH Princess Elizabeth and Prince Philip?

I just noticed that it had already been posted earlier in this thread. I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. Are you questioning that such a cypher exists?
I've only seen it online and I haven't given any thought to where it would be used.

I suppose I am questioning whether its legit for that very reason that I can't think where it would be used. I'm happy to be proved wrong, but you have to be wary with what you find on wikipedia. I usually believe it if it is sensible and corroborates what I've seen/read elsewhere but I'm not sure about this one.

I linked to wiki because it had a big version of it. It was already posted earlier in the thread and I've seen it before. And I realize you have to wary of wiki because it's not my first day using the internet(plus I make plenty of edits on it myself).

The source on this image's Wikicommons page states that the dual monogram of Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip is from a 1972 coin commemorating their 25th anniversary.

This is the one of Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip. I'm guessing there was a different one before she was queen.

File:Dual Cypher of Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip of Great Britain.svg - Wikimedia Commons

I just don't understand why the BRF are so unimaginative when it comes to their wedding monograms/dual cyphers, they simply put each individual monogram side by side or one over the other and that's it. No effort is made to try to create a new and original combined monogram as it is the case with most royal houses. And what is worse, it sometimes appear to have at least two different versions of said dual monograms, as if they weren't really official. I wonder why.

I just don't understand why the BRF are so unimaginative when it comes to their wedding monograms/dual cyphers, they simply put each individual monogram side by side or one over the other and that's it. No effort is made to try to create a new and original combined monogram as it is the case with most royal houses. And what is worse, it sometimes appear to have at least two different versions of said dual monograms, as if they weren't really official. I wonder why.

Probably because they aren't used that much, but also what should they use or create? The coats of arms are more impressive, if that's what you want. What are you expecting? And what is a good example of more imaginative?

A couple of days ago I was on Wiki, and saw the Coat of Arms and Crest of the House of Lannoy which of course is the family of Countess Stephanie de Lannoy, soon to be bride of HGD Guillaume of Luxembourg.

I must say it's magnificent, far more regal and impressive than that of the Grand-Ducal House. Will Stephanie still have the right to display her ancestral arms after she marries(along with her new husband's) or will she have to give up the de Lannoy Arms and Crest completely?

Or will Guillaume and Stephanie get an entirely new Coat of Arms of their own?

Sorry that I do not know how to scan images, or I could show everyone.:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom