Orders & Sashes

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd forgotten about the Danish Royal Family Order of King Frederik X!

The only way to find out if he has created his own family order will be when people starts wearing it…

I thought it would be done in time for the coronation but it was not, so i don’t know when it can be expected… If he had decided to discontinue that tradition, i don’t think they would have continued to wear the QEII Family Order either but they have…
Last year around the time when the diplomatic reception was held some reporters wrote on X that there will be and ChIIIFamily Order but that it wasn't ready yet. And often they get inside Informations from the Palace

What is our explanation He receive the Collar of the Order of Carlos III and not the Golden Fleece ?
Just my random guess: maybe Spain will only give out the golden fleece when they are the host of the visit?

CG and Elizabeth both received theirs during a visit to Spain while they both have hosted another visit from Spain before it. Akihito also received it during his visit to Spain which Spain had made a visit to Japan before it as well, Akihito received it as the heir instead of the monarch though. (BTW is he the one foreign heir received it?) Harald, Beatrix and Albert all received theirs during their first visit to Spain (which happens to be their first visit with Spain ).

The exceptions are: Olav who received it in a incoming visit from Spain (probably because he was one of the most senior monarch at that time), Margrethe who got it after she had visited and received a visit from Spain (probably because the order is available for female after her two visits?), Henri who got it in an incoming visit after he had hosted a visit from Spain, and GD Jean who I found nothing.

Last edited:
The exceptions are: Olav who received it in a incoming visit from Spain (probably because he was one of the most senior monarch at that time), Margrethe who got it after she had visited and received a visit from Spain (probably because the order is available for female after her two visits?), Henri who got it in an incoming visit after he had hosted a visit from Spain, and GD Jean who I found nothing.
Wonder why no exception was made for Queen Juliana who was the almost most senior monarch (the only who reigned longer was Prince Franz Josef of Liechtenstein) in Europe at the time King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia paid their State visit to the Netherlands in march 1980. It was then clear that she would not make a return Visit as she had already announced her abdication. Or was perhaps that the reason that 1 month later she would not a reigning monarch anymore?

King Albert II received the Collar of the Spanish Order of the Golden Fleece when King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia came on State Visit in Belgium in 2000.

Last edited:

Below is a list of the current foreign honors held by King Frederik X and Queen Mary of Denmark. I am wondering about any exchange of additional honors when state visits happen with the countries listed below given there are already 2 outgoing state visits next month and I would not be shocked if there is another one late this year or early next year.

Queen Mary of Denmark Foreign honours[edit]​

King Frederik X of Denmark Foreign honours[edit]​

Back
Top Bottom