Letters To Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know if you get a reply. You have to wait and see!

ok say they don't reply if i send the same in a few months then would they reply? (since these months they have gotten loads of letters )

No one can answer your question(s) as to whether the palace will reply to your letter.
Rather than asking the same question over and over, why don't you just send your letter. Or don't send it. One or the other.

No one can answer your question(s) as to whether the palace will reply to your letter.
Rather than asking the same question over and over, why don't you just send your letter. Or don't send it. One or the other.

but i already sent it. that wasn't my question...

hello
on the dutch royal website a letter was put on there to thanks people who send them congrats letters and saying that due to the number of letter they got they cannot send out individual replies.
last week i sent them a letter , do you think they will reply knowing that i congratulated them but that wasnt my mane subject of the letter, it was quite special and i even sent a cd with me singing a song that i wrote for them.

note i am older then 10 and younger then 13 ^^

Because the palace receives so many letters daily... Weekly... Monthly...yearly, there is no telling if you will get a personal letter for a reply. As you mentioned above -it will likely be a form letter sent, that is sent to everyone else who writes to the King and Queen and Family.

As a young girl, I consistently wrote to the President of the United States and the Governor of my state because I had plenty of questions and things that I wanted to say -I received a letter 99% of the time from my governor, but the White House never missed a beat in acknowledging my letter.

I feel that however you are acknowledged -you should be glad that it reached the right hands.

P.s. I hope they get to hear your song -how sweet of you!

ok say they don't reply if i send the same in a few months then would they reply? (since these months they have gotten loads of letters )

It could be six months before you get a response so be patient! You don't want to go down the road of being too persistent because it will not help and will be seen as just writing so that you get a response, rather than writing for genuine intention - afterall, it's not an application for X-Factor!

Instead of sending the same letter again, if I were you, I would wait until Christmas, Easter and the royal birthdays and simply send a letter or card on these occassions. If you do this regularly each year, your sentiments will be recognised and will increase your chances of a response.

I think it's all to do with luck and chance. The problem anyone has in sending a letter to royalty is that most letters will not actually be read by the royal person themselves but by a member of staff who could be a private secretary or an under-secretary or assistant depending on how busy the office is on any given day and what arrangements may have been made on the day your letter arrives. It will also depend on the individual reading the letter who will decide whether or not the letter should be passed higher up the chain or be set aside for "standard response" or even, one imagines, "no-response".

Anyway, good luck and I do hope you receive a response very soon!

It really is luck of the draw as to whether you receive replies when writing to royals but sometimes it does pay off.

Last year I sent a letter to HRH The Duchess of Cornwall sending my best wishes for her upcoming tour of Australia with Prince Charles and after they had returned to the UK I received a reply in an envelope labelled "PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL" and had to sign some paperwork before the postman would let me have it. Inside on Camilla's personal Clarence House notepaper with her blue "C" monogram at the top was a typewritten reply thanking me for my letter, but Camilla herself wrote "Dear Riley" and "With best wishes, Camilla". This is now one of my most prized possessions.

This year I sent letters to Princess Beatrix and King Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands (no reply, which was disappointing) and one to Princess Alexandra of Kent after she was taken ill. Princess Alexandra's private secretary replied thanking me for sending the Princess my kind letter and sending Princess Alexandra's best wishes in return, which I thought was quite nice.

This year I sent letters to Princess Beatrix and King Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands (no reply, which was disappointing) and one to Princess Alexandra of Kent after she was taken ill. Princess Alexandra's private secretary replied thanking me for sending the Princess my kind letter and sending Princess Alexandra's best wishes in return, which I thought was quite nice.

Dear RoyalistRiley, don't be disappointed for not getting a letter from the Dutch Royal Court. They have gotten many many letters and cards for the abdication and inauguration. It is a huge amount of costs to send everyone a reply.

For me it is absolutely okay not getting a reply when the money that could have spent for the replies is used for charity.

That´s true,the money can be used for more important things than cards and stamps,there are many charitable causes to support:)
If it was possible to respond via email the costs would be less and more people could receive a response to their letters and good wishes.They surely would respond more often if they could do so by e-mail.
I have sent a letter to congratulate P.Estelle and her family on Estelle´s 1st birthday and secretly hoped for a response,but they were probably receiving mountains of greeting cards and birthday wishes;-) Therefore I am not disappointed that they did not reply to every individual card but sent out a public "Thank you" through their official page to everyone who has sent them letters.

Last edited:
Hello people , i hope you all had a nice day :)

Just a question : does someone know where i can send a card to princess mabel , luana and zaria ? It isnt written on the website :(

I don't really know how forums work but I thought I'd post here because I find the idea of writing letters to royals really exciting. Today I got a reply from Prince Albert of Monaco (my first royal reply, see photos).

If anybody is interested, I can continue posting pictures of replies I get. I've sent letters to the Queen of the United Kingdom, the King of Norway, the Crown Princess of Sweden, the Crown Princess of Denmark, the King of the Hellenes, The Sovereign Prince of Liechtenstein, Empress Farah of Iran, the King of Jordan, Prince Amedeo of Belgium, The Grand Duke and Grand Duchess of Luxembourg and Princess Beatrix of the Netherlands. I sent them letters all last week, so we'll see who replies first...

Attachments

• SCAN0001.jpg
    SCAN0001.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 385
  • SCAN0004.jpg
    SCAN0004.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 310
I don't really know how forums work but I thought I'd post here because I find the idea of writing letters to royals really exciting. Today I got a reply from Prince Albert of Monaco (my first royal reply, see photos).

If anybody is interested, I can continue posting pictures of replies I get. I've sent letters to the Queen of the United Kingdom, the King of Norway, the Crown Princess of Sweden, the Crown Princess of Denmark, the King of the Hellenes, The Sovereign Prince of Liechtenstein, Empress Farah of Iran, the King of Jordan, Prince Amedeo of Belgium, The Grand Duke and Grand Duchess of Luxembourg and Princess Beatrix of the Netherlands. I sent them letters all last week, so we'll see who replies first...

I got the same photo of Albert too :)

Its exciting that you can do this! I for one want to write to a royal but I wouldn't know what to write to them about only praising them.

You can always send a birthday card to a royal ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Got two letters today, from the Netherlands and Denmark. (I did get a reply from the British Queen before this but it's rather personal so I won't upload it.) Notice how the Danish one is economy and the Dutch one is priority :p

Hello people , i hope you all had a nice day :)

Just a question : does someone know where i can send a card to princess mabel , luana and zaria ? It isnt written on the website :(

I think the best thing to do would be to write to the usual address but use their names instead. So if you were writing to Princess Mabel, you would use:

Princess Mabel
Paleis Noordeinde
Postbus 30412
2500 GK Den Haag

Two days ago I got my reply from Liechtenstein. They even sent me a little envelope with a stamp in it, which I didn't even ask for, so that was a pleasant surprise.

3 days ago I received a reply for my letter to Empress Farah Pahlavi, which included a birthday card for her daughter. The reply, therefore, is thanking me for the card but for some reason, what I had written to the Empress wasn't acknowledged. I'm still pleased nonetheless.

Attachments

• SCAN0001.jpg
    SCAN0001.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 388
  • SCAN0002.jpg
    SCAN0002.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 310
  • SCAN0003 14-15-57-318.jpg
    SCAN0003 14-15-57-318.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 540
  • SCAN0001.jpg
    SCAN0001.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 361
  • SCAN0002.jpg
    SCAN0002.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 720
  • SCAN0003.jpg
    SCAN0003.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 278
  • SCAN0001.jpg
    SCAN0001.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 566
Looks like a nice response.

I would like to write a letter to King Michael of Romania. I became an admirer of his when doing research in the Congressional Record and came across a speech he made to the US Congress which prompted me to do further readings. I follow the family's activities and work on behalf of their people and fervently hope for the restoration of HM to his throne before he passes. How would I write him simply to express my respect and how glad I am that he has been allowed to return to his nation. How would I find his mailing address? Thank you.

I do not read Romanian and can not locate a mailing address on the Royal Family's website.

Last edited:
I would like to write a letter to King Michael of Romania. I became an admirer of his when doing research in the Congressional Record and came across a speech he made to the US Congress which prompted me to do further readings. I follow the family's activities and work on behalf of their people and fervently hope for the restoration of HM to his throne before he passes. How would I write him simply to express my respect and how glad I am that he has been allowed to return to his nation. How would I find his mailing address? Thank you.

I do not read Romanian and can not locate a mailing address on the Royal Family's website.

I wrote to him a couple of weeks ago (using the same address principessa provided) so I'll let you know if and when I get a reply. I also think he's an extremely interesting man and I thought a reply from him would serve as some kind of memento.

I also found the Facebook profile of Prince Nicholas, who you might want to contact if your letter fails: https://www.facebook.com/nicholas.deroumaniemedforthmills.54?fref=ts

Just found Princess Elena's Facebook too! https://www.facebook.com/elena.dinica.3

Was rather confused when I received a letter from France today but when I realised it was another reply from Empress Farah Pahlavi (who also lives in Paris, I believe), I was very excited. I was even more excited when I opened the letter and found out that it was an actual reply from Her Imperial Majesty herself! It's remarkable how quick the response was, seeing as how my message would need to go from the UK to the US and then to France and from France back to the UK, and also seeing as how I still haven't got some replies from others in Europe.

Attachments

• SCAN0001.jpg
    SCAN0001.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 441
I wait several weeks for letters to come, then three come at once! Received a reply from: the office of the Prince of Asturias, thanking me for birthday card; the palace of Brussels, thanking me for Prince Amedeo's birthday card and from the Duke of Bavaria himself, including a photo, as requested. (I really like the Spanish envelope with lots of stamps on it.)

Attachments

• SCAN0003.jpg
    SCAN0003.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 439
  • SCAN0004.jpg
    SCAN0004.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 354
  • SCAN0002.jpg
    SCAN0002.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 439
(Here are the scans from Bavaria.)

Attachments

• SCAN0005.jpg
    SCAN0005.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 398
  • SCAN0006.jpg
    SCAN0006.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 383
You can actually now pay 1 dollar to make your message go into their regular messaging section ;) But I'm not going to do that. I actually added Nicholas as a friend and he accepted, which is pretty cool but he didn't reply to my message.

An envelope marked with 'Generalverwaltung des vormals regierenden Preussischen Königshauses' or 'the general administation of the previously ruling Prussian royal house' arrived today. Inside was a signed photo of Prince Georg Friedrich and Princess Sophie of Prussia. (Needless to say, I am pleased).
I'm not sure whether this is a reply to a letter I sent or to an e-mail I sent. I sent a letter to Georg Friedrich at Hohenzollern castle but then I also sent an e-mail to berlin@preussen.de requesting a photo. Either way, I got a reply.

Attachments

• SCAN0007.jpg
    SCAN0007.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 349
Any address information for Bourbon Two Sicilies?

The websites of both branches of the Bourbon Two Sicilies royal house list their contact information: Contact « Sito ufficiale della Real Casa di Borbone delle Due Sicilie | Official site of the Royal House of Bourbon Two Sicilies | le site officiel de la Maison Royale de Bourbon des Deux Siciles | sitio oficial de la Casa Real de Borbón de las Dos or Contact

So for the Italian family it's:
Via Sistina, 121
00187 Rome
Italy

And for the Spanish family it's:
Asociación Española de Fundaciones,
General Castaños, 4-4ª
28004 Madrid
Spain

I sent an e-mail to both asking nicely for a photo so we'll see what happens.

Have already sent emails and letters to both, got nothing in return.

Even contacted each's Order of St George in the USA months ago via email, neither has responded.

Did you write in English, Spanish or Italian?

When did you send these e-mails and letters? Because it can take months. I wrote mine in English but maybe they only respond to messages written in their own languages. Who knows? Some places just don't reply...

ff462, you seem to have been very successful in your contacts with the royal families, congrats! some of them look like they have even taken the time to reply to you personally like farah, or replied to your questions in quite some detail like liechtenstein. well done! hope you continue to share with us your responses.

Hi ff462,have you ever contacted either of the sisters of the King of Spain?

Back
Top Bottom