Would They Have Married?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having trouble following here. If any of these men were not princes I doubt that any of them would have the same personalities that they have today. They would simply be different people. If say there current spouse mets them then they might really be made for each other.
There is also a possiblity that they might have really made a success of their lives - bricklayers? From what I know of Prince Frederick I think he would have made a success of any career he choose regardless of his lack of rank. In fact some of them would probably have been better off.

Okay so lets say they the princes retain the same personality and have lived petty ordinary lives.
Yes: Mette - Merit, Sophie, Claire, Matilda, Maxima
No: Camilla, Diana, Mary, Grace, Sarah, Letizia

Quick quote: The Countess of Wessex (then Sophie Rhys-Jones) told her friend at work "If only Ed's parents were a retired naval officer and a nurse, than my life would really be a fairy tale."

Of course this is pureply speculation on my part but here goes. MAry was from Australia and Frederik from Denmark. And I have to wonder if she would have made such an effort to keep up contact and visit somewhere so far away just for a regular guy. If he had just been a tourist would they have parted ways after the Olympics etc as it would be a lot of hassle?

I also think Marie-Chantal married for title but that again is just an impression I get and could be totally not true.

I get the impression that Mathilde, Maxima and Mette-Marit would have married if he was not a prince. They just seem so in love and besotted with their husbands. Plus Mette-Marit had a lot to lose if she was not serious about the relationship as she had Marius to think about too.

I'm having trouble following here. If any of these men were not princes I doubt that any of them would have the same personalities that they have today. They would simply be different people. If say there current spouse mets them then they might really be made for each other.
There is also a possiblity that they might have really made a success of their lives - bricklayers? From what I know of Prince Frederick I think he would have made a success of any career he choose regardless of his lack of rank. In fact some of them would probably have been better off.

Okay so lets say they the princes retain the same personality and have lived petty ordinary lives.

No: Camilla

I actually think that Camilla & Charles are a love match. I think if they had married when they first, then it would have been great. I think he thought she would wait around forever for him to get it together, but she didn't & in the end he realized he had made a mistake.

I feel that Camilla would be with Charles regardless of his status but she probably married him because he was a prince. There has been speculation that she would have been perfectly content to be his mistress but because of his position (and modern opinion) she married him. Charles was pretty upset when she wasn't allowed to sit with him at society weddings, etc. Then again, she probably DIDN'T marry him back in the 70s because he was a prince.

I feel that Camilla would be with Charles regardless of his status but she probably married him because he was a prince. There has been speculation that she would have been perfectly content to be his mistress but because of his position (and modern opinion) she married him. Charles was pretty upset when she wasn't allowed to sit with him at society weddings, etc. Then again, she probably DIDN'T marry him back in the 70s because he was a prince.

From everything I have heard and read QE and the DOE had a lot to do with them not being married. She had a "past", and this was not allowed back then for the POW. She had to be "pure" to have a royal heir. I do believe they are a true soul match for both of them to have stayed together this long. The POW is a totally different man since he is married to her now. He actually looks happy and content. I am just so sorry Diana married him for love, and he married her for a heir. JMHO only.

Actually both Frederick and Mary have referred to each other as the Crown Prince and Crown Princess in interviews and speeches too.
Yes, but they were not talking about their precious lil' baby! Why the perfectionism, and trying to be more royal than the royal born?

Last edited:
Does anyone have an opinion about Marie, Joachim's new fiancee? would she have given him a second look had he not been royal?

Does anyone have an opinion about Marie, Joachim's new fiancee? would she have given him a second look had he not been royal?

When Marie burst onto the scene, at first I didn't know what to make of her. Clearly, she was (and perhaps still is) very naive. To this day Marie still confuses the heck out of me. Either she's playing "dumb" or is very calculating when dealing with the press. Unlike other royal girlfriends, she was a chatterbox about her life as well as her relationship with Prince Joachim.

While he was away on a trip, Marie spoke to the press announcing that she was in love with him. However, he didn't know it yet.:eek: She made many, in my eyes, blunders with the Danish press.

Now that she is engaged to Joachim, it's too early to tell how she will contribute as well as behave as the latest member of the DRF. Only time will tell, but I have a feeling she will never be boring.:)

I may be wrong, but from what I understand Marie comes from quite a well to do family, so I don't think money was as much of a draw for her as it may have been for other wives/girlfriends.

No, you are correct, Little Star. Marie does come from a well to do family, so the idea that she was after Joachim's money isn't valid.

Also, from what I understand she was doing quite well for herself and didn't have to depend on Daddy's Money for certain things.

When Marie burst onto the scene, at first I didn't know what to make of her. Clearly, she was (and perhaps still is) very naive. To this day Marie still confuses the heck out of me. Either she's playing "dumb" or is very calculating when dealing with the press. Unlike other royal girlfriends, she was a chatterbox about her life as well as her relationship with Prince Joachim.

While he was away on a trip, Marie spoke to the press announcing that she was in love with him. However, he didn't know it yet.:eek: She made many, in my eyes, blunders with the Danish press.

Now that she is engaged to Joachim, it's too early to tell how she will contribute as well as behave as the latest member of the DRF. Only time will tell, but I have a feeling she will never be boring.:)

I completely agree, GT - only time will tell; somehow I am not too confident but might be wrong though. I think Alex was too mature for Joachim and I totally share your view on Marie, she is either very naive / immature or very calculating. Therefore I don't see them very well matched, Marie being very lively and Joachim being a bit of a recluse.
To get back to the original question if she had married him ... my answer is no way.

No, you are correct, Little Star. Marie does come from a well to do family, so the idea that she was after Joachim's money isn't valid.

Also, from what I understand she was doing quite well for herself and didn't have to depend on Daddy's Money for certain things.
Prestige and status are also something to die for Heh?;)

Does anyone have an opinion about members of the Jordanian RF starting form the Quuens Noor and Rania to the minor memebers?

well, it is very difficult to say , we really do not know personaly any of this CPs, they show themselves as they want you to belive who they are, but I am sure this was an icing on the cake, royal, famous and with plenty money, we can think we want the money and not the fame, but who wouldn't be deslumbrate with somebody who take you around the world in private planes, expensive resturant, designers clothing and luxury jerellery, polite manners, education,etc....! yes they must be in-love, i will not say no, but itis not so difficult to get in love with men like this and on top of that some of the them are very handsome! about some of this CPS leaving their high profile carrears ,well this is what the PR make us to think, they had a great carrear, all their stories about them before being CPS it had been taking care by the PR too , i think they had being magnified their precious life to look good for all of us.
well, about Maxima story that she could not remeber his face, I really do not buy that one, who will forget the face of a prince who stand in front of you and you were taking photographs? for me very difficult to belive!

I mean does anyone have an opinion regarding the Jordanian married into royals, would they have married the royals if they wouldn't be the princes and kings they are/were?

CP Mary and CP Frederik definetly.
CP MM and CP Haakon.
CP Mathilde and CP Phillipe.

:flowers:

I think all the current CP's would have married their husbands even if they weren't royals. Seeing what they had to give up (careers, privacy and Maxima's Dad not being invited to his own daughters wedding) it has to be love! If there's more then I must really be just a hopeless romantic and naive.

:previous: I am in total agreement. Each one of the current crop of Crown Princesses has had obstacles to overcome to marry their Prince.

Mary had a very (lower) middle-class background and while that in itself was easily finessed, her lack of language skills was a presented a much greater obstacle. Many others came from very expensive private school backgrounds and were at least bi-lingual, their Princes, multi-lingual! Mary wasn't. They say the second language is the hardest to learn, I am pleased to see that she has triumphed.

Australia and New Zealand are pretty laid back places to live and neither has a second language (school Maori notwithstanding). I guess we are sort of "If you want to come here you had better speak Australaisian or go fish", type people which, to be honest, is pretty arrogant. But then again, Europe and South America are such an awfully long way away so . . . . . :whistling:

I think all of the current Crown Princesses are truly in love with their husbands. Even after years of marriage you can see it in the pictures, the body language, the way they look at each other and many still hold hands.

I am sure every little girl dreams of a Prince charming. These ladies found a real one
and actually none of them had to fight too hard to get accepted by the royal families.
Deep down I am sure that given the choice between handsome, rich and titled young men and handsome poor bricklayers, the princes would win every time, hands down.

i am sure every little girl dreams of a prince charming. These ladies found a real one
and actually none of them had to fight too hard to get accepted by the royal families.
Deep down i am sure that given the choice between handsome, rich and titled young men and handsome poor bricklayers, the princes would win every time, hands down.
agreed! Agreed! Although i think they would have preferred princes over lawyers and athletes aswell. ;)
regarding the newest to be princess charlene, would the 20 something blonde, athletic south african, have fallen for a 50 something balding albert had he been a bankier or jeweler? Any opinions

Perhaps, if he was a successful banker or jeweler.

All of the princesses, should be given the benifit of the doubt, until proven otherwise."
I find it sad that people would judge others by what they saw or what they read....I hope that they should be given doubt until such time that we can say that they married for the title or money

^^^ I think it would be very hard to marry any of these men just for the money, prestige and titles. I can't imagine giving up my freedom and privacy and my future children's freedom and privacy for money and titles. They can't even go on vacations without being followed and look at how much they picked on for what they wear and how their hair looks or they're too thin? There's to many things attached to a prince to marry him for his bank account and title.

:previous:

Good point, 4Pam. The romantic in me tends to believe this as well. Not sure about the situation in Monaco, though.

Lets start with Camilla. She didnt want to marry Charles for well known reasons. One of them is that she never ever had any desire to perform the enourmous duties of a british consort what often shows today.

Letizia is the opposite. I believe she was much more charmed with the perspective of a guaranteed professional career than with Felipe himself. While she did have a career of her own, in television things can be very shortlived. Queen consort is a job for life, attention included. In her engagement interviews she stressed the importance of the "project" she would be part of from now on and her desire of working as Queen someday. Unfortunately, reality is not for modern women in casareal and these days she looks empty and desillusioned by the way the institution turned out to be.

Mary & Maxima were certainly charmed by the royal lifestyle and attention, it suits their personalities and they managed to be comfortable in their roles including the working part and the fluffy part. I dont think they would have married their husbands without the royal title and what goes with it but nevertheless both marriages seem to be good matches.

MM and Daniel are the only two I believe have married their partners DESPITE being royals. Both had to embarrass themselves (druggie past, fitness instructor) and were subject to lots of polemic. They certainly married for love only but if that's enough in the long run only time will tell.

Mathilde was noble therefore a wedding to Philippe came quite natural.

At last Duke of Marmelade, you are a rare one who understands that being a Royal has plenty of disavantages. People talk about jewels, honours and never again having to wash the windows and queue at the post office but NEVER consider the loss of liberty, the restrictions etc...
So now I know I am not the only one to think that !

agreed! Agreed! Although i think they would have preferred princes over lawyers and athletes aswell. ;)
regarding the newest to be princess charlene, would the 20 something blonde, athletic south african, have fallen for a 50 something balding albert had he been a bankier or jeweler? Any opinions

I would marry an owner of a bank or owner of a jewelry firm. Ha - but would I marry a cab driver? :eek: Probably not. What about a cab driver with a title? No thanks. What about no title and money? Well well -Yes! But definitely love has to be there. Marriage is a sacrament blessed by God. Marrying for money without love is a hard way to earn one's keep, and a quite dishonest. Even more difficult, is to marry for a position. There are hundreds of other women coveting that same position -and for the same reasons.

An indispensible factor in their ease of transition from commoner to royal must have a lot to do with acceptance of their new in-laws. And acceptance of palace insiders. It appears that Princess Letizia has good relations with Queen Sophia. I don’t know about the rest of Prince Felipe’s family. Perhaps something else is stressing her. Scrutiny and the overwhelming feeling of having to look perfect and perform flawlessly all the time has to be wearing to a person with some insecurity. Look at how Diana, the Princess of Wales struggled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom