Would They Have Married?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marie Chantel's father is a billionaire. Pavlos is a prince without a kingdom. Who married up? Him or her ?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

That's a good question. She had money. He had the title. It was a perfect match. In any case, I think they love each other.

My opinion is that this thread is not worth the effort. It promotes the negative, as in " I dont like x so I'll say she only married him cos he was royal" and obviously vice versa.

This used to be a forum where we learnt about royal history and protocol; history of royal regalia etc. this is really complete rubbish IMO and does nothing for this site.

I agree cepe.

I also agree. Although for some it may be good entertainment to speculate on the "what ifs" of a couple's relationship, the more topics that are like this and seemingly resemble a "gossip site" or a "dirt rag", the more the reputation of The Royal Forums as being a trusted site for royal history, information and news is set up to go down the drain.

I'm in a chatty mood today but for the most part, I do tend to ignore topics such like this and "who's the prettiest royal with blond hair and blue eyes" and "who's pregnant in the celebrity circle and all of the fashion, hair, skin, shoes, toothpaste kind of fluff. I imagine that's why there's a separate area for these type of things.

I suppose its all in what floats your boat and tickles your fancy. :D

I understand what they mean. I'm a monarchist, attend the TRF to learn news of royalty and to learn more about the history of monarchies. But I like to peek into these discussions and sometimes comment.

Marie Chantel's father is a billionaire. Pavlos is a prince without a kingdom. Who married up? Him or her ?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

He did. She wanted prestige or her family did. He is a Crown Prince to nothing he will ever reign.

This used to be a forum where we learnt about royal history and protocol; history of royal regalia etc. this is really complete rubbish IMO and does nothing for this site.

I also agree. Although for some it may be good entertainment to speculate on the "what ifs" of a couple's relationship, the more topics that are like this and seemingly resemble a "gossip site" or a "dirt rag", the more the reputation of The Royal Forums as being a trusted site for royal history, information and news is set up to go down the drain.

I'm afraid the reputation of TRF as a place where we could learn and discuss about all those things started to go down the drain from the moment its threads started to be inundated with members who do nothing else that praise their "saint" royals and are not willing to have discussion about them, labelling all those who are as «haters», «jealous», etc.

I think the discussion "would they have married" can be much more than the usual "I don't like her". It can actually be an interesting one.

He did. She wanted prestige or her family did. He is a Crown Prince to nothing he will ever reign.

That's the point. In terms of money, he married up. In terms of status, she did.

He may never reign but he has a title, which brings status and invitations to all those royal events.

The Royal family of Greece is still important in European royalty, and has connections with the most important European royal families.

But she could have married anyone. It is what she wanted.

Yes, there were plenty of men with status she could have married and that I'm sure would be willing to marry her. They seemed to have liked each other from that very first encounter. They seem to have genuine feelings for each other. I'm not sure theirs is a crazy-in-love love story but it's certainly a story of two friends and partners who like and feel very confortable in each other's presence. (Note that I'm not saying there is no love there).

My only doubt has to do with whether MC would have consider that nice guy a possible husband had he been just an ordinary guy. I always thought the Miller trio was raised to do very good marriages, which indeed they did.

And each of the Miller sisters marriages failed except MC's:sad:.

I got the feeling early on that MC was thrilled at the idea of being a princess with all that implied. Now she just strikes me as a fun loving, down to earth elegant woman who is satisfied with her life but hasn't let it go to her head.

She seems to be a poster girl for "having it all".

My opinion is that this thread is not worth the effort. It promotes the negative, as in " I dont like x so I'll say she only married him cos he was royal" and obviously vice versa.

there's plenty of threads to "learnt about royal history and protocol; history of royal regalia" too (which I enjoy and contribute to also, without that meaning that they are any better or any worse than this "thread not worth the effort"). since this one may not be an interesting one to you, then maybe you may have opened the wrong thread instead of gone into those that interest you. live and let live.

I don't think it's right to say some of the royal ladies would not have married their husbands had they not been royals.

Are you calling them money diggers? Or title diggers? Do you think that's right? Who are we to judge? Would you like to be judged in such a disrespectful way?

to some people being a "money digger" may not be "disrespectful" at all. in fact, some people may consider ambition and social ascension a really good quality to have. talk about being prejudiced...

Last edited:
Nice thread...
Forget marrying, Mary would not have even entered Slip Inn that night if she was not told that there will be 'princes' out there.

And its quite amusing to see the near unanimity that Kate married William only cos of his royal status.. Poor William

Nice thread...
Forget marrying, Mary would not have even entered Slip Inn that night if she was not told that there will be 'princes' out there.

And its quite amusing to see the near unanimity that Kate married William only cos of his royal status.. Poor William
As much as Mary wouldn't have gone to the Slip Inn, Kate wouldn't have enlisted at St. Andrews if she hadn't known before about the royal presence.

These are my opinions/feelings whether they would have married or not (not whether the marriage is good or not or whether they make a good Team or not):

2. Letizia married felipe?
Yes, if he worked in journalism.
3. Mary married fred?
Yes, if he lived in Australia.

1. Kate have married William had he not been royal?
10. Marie married Joachim?
Yes, as long as the men were well-off. They seemed both more interested in marrying well than in having a profession/career.

4. Mette marit married Haakon?
Possibly, as long as he was someone "special", with an unusual Profession (in the sense of "not-bourgeois"). But I am not sure she would have married at all, but rather lived together without marriage.

7. Mathilde married philippe?
8. Stephanie married guillaume?

Not sure. From my experience status means a lot to many noble women. But I think they both would have been content with "nobility".

5. Daniel married Victoria?
Not sure, I don't think he would have married a bossy woman.

11. Masako married naruhito?
No. I think she wanted a carreer and only said yes, because you don't refuse a prince.

6. Maxima married WA?
9. Charlene married albert?

No. I don't think they would have looked at them twice.

17. Ari behn married Martha?
Yes, I think he married her DESPITE her royalty.

I don't know much about the rest of the couples.

Last edited:
Nice thread...
I have to laugh when you say Mary wouldn't have even entered Slip Inn. It's exactly the sort of place that young professionals like Mary would have hung out. As to "princes" being there . . . you are joking aren't you. Princes don't actually register on the "eligible" scale in Australasia because, to be honest, royalty meant the BRF and all their princes were well wed and a bit older! Knowing that there even were European princes is a long shot.

Now if they'd said "let's go to the Slip Inn and check out the talent", that I would believe!

Poor William indeed! I have to admit I am surprised by the quite vehement "snowball's show in hell" type responses.

Then I went and looked at the rest of the thread and checked out the "Would he have married her" thread as well as "How did other princes meet their brides" and after reading them, I started to get whiffs of the stench generated by the Daily Mail, Mail Online and other sleazy rags. We have Mary groping hairy chests in a Pub and I thought, what the hell sort of thread is this? It, like it's triplets owes it's existence to the basest of all motives, vicious gossip.

I left my initial response to show that I'm as guilty as any of being sucked in, but these threads are there for precisely that reason, trashing royals we don't like and ascribing base motives for their marriages and lauding our chosen "pet" royals as perfection.

Nobody knows what is in the heart of another and rarely what actually goes on behind closed doors, but threads like this give us permission to "speculate" to our sleazy little hearts content.

Last edited:
mmm... I don't think it's right to gossip about "what would have been if"... Generally speaking I think that some royal wives, who have left their career or job for getting into a royal family have already given the proof of their love...:flowers:. I still have many doubts on some couples though

This thread is rubbish, pure trash. An excuse people will have for attack the royals they don't like and uphold the ones they almost worship. You show no respect for other people's lives and feelings. Thank God no royal lady and her husband would give a damn about you and this thread.

It's becoming quite difficult to see the difference between The Royal Forums and Royal Dish.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a more bitter and cynical person for having read the messages in this thread. So, thanks?

That's a good question. She had money. He had the title. It was a perfect match. In any case, I think they love each other.
Yes I do believe they love each other but you are also forgetting the huge dowry that her father presented to his father's estate. Common practice in Greece in those days between families of status and his father certainly needed the money badly.
All in all, a perfect situation that has survived brilliantly.

That's the point. In terms of money, he married up. In terms of status, she did.

He may never reign but he has a title, which brings status and invitations to all those royal events.

Correct, It is easier to find someone with her money, than someone with his status. The GRF is very closely related to all the European royal families. Pavlos "club" of royals is more closed and has few members than MC's "club" of rich people.

Vanity Fair has had plenty of articles about TRH. They stated that a well known society figure put them together at a dinner in New Orleans. This man i believe is of Greek origin. Once they got engaged the man asked for payment for the successful union and Constantine refused, disinvited him to the wedding and froze him out. This article made a point of providing many ways the GRF benefits from this union. Not subtly suggesting money. VF doesn't seem very impressed by the king.

The good thing is that a more recent article interviewed her. She called it love at first site!
Sounds like a big "yes" on all counts to me.

Like every one of you, I know many married couples. And even though I know some of them extremely well and have known them both from the day they met, I don't presume to know why they married.

How could anyone make such a guess about people whom they know only from tv, newspapers, magazines and discussion boards? This seems pointless at best, and a little creepy at worst.

Vanity Fair has had plenty of articles about TRH. They stated that a well known society figure put them together at a dinner in New Orleans. This man i believe is of Greek origin. Once they got engaged the man asked for payment for the successful union and Constantine refused, disinvited him to the wedding and froze him out. This article made a point of providing many ways the GRF benefits from this union. Not subtly suggesting money. VF doesn't seem very impressed by the king.

The good thing is that a more recent article interviewed her. She called it love at first site!
Sounds like a big "yes" on all counts to me.

That's news to me. I only read the other article you're talking about (I think it's the same). I got the feeling they were a good match, they felt very good with each other from that very beginning.

Would

1. Kate would have married William regardless of whether he was royal or not.
2. Letizia probably would have married Felipe if he was a professional or in the same social standing as she was.
3. Mary married Fred? Probably
4. Mette Marit Married Haakon? I would say yes.
5. Daniel married Victoria? Yes. They are a love match.
6. Maxima married WA? Don't know as don't know much about them.
7. Mathide married Philippe? Don't know enough about them to say
8. Stephanie married Guillaume? If Guillaume wasn't a royal, I would say no.
9. Charlene married Albert? Yes
10. Marie married Joachim? Don't know
11 Masako married naruhito? Don't know enough about them.
12 Salma married Mohammed? Don't know enough about them
13 Marie Chantal married Pavlos? Yes, they seem to be a love match
14 Inaki married Cristina? Probably Not
15 Chris married Madeleine? Yes as royalty doesn't really seem to impress him
16 Sophia married Carl Phillip? Probably not as she had her eyes on him for a long time
17 Ari behn married Martha? Probably
18 Maria Teresa married Henri? Yes
19 Claire married Felix of Luxembourg? Yes
20 Tessy married Louis of Luxembourg? Yes

I enjoyed filling this out. Some of these individuals I didn't know a lot about, so really couldn't answer the question.

If you are a woman attending a University that is prestigious, chances are you probably will met and possibly marry a man who is well-connected or wealthy if this is you're goal. If you don't, you probably will be a social circle where you later would date or marry someone who is well-connected or wealthy. Sometimes you don't and there is no guarantee that if you went to a prestigious college or university that you will marry someone you met in college.

There probably were some women who went to St. Andrews hoping that Prince William would show an interest in them, date them, or marry them. There were probably others outside the college who lived in the area that hoped the same thing. I imagine some may have tried to do so actively.

I don't think Kate was one who actively or aggressively pursued Prince William. I think if she did this, he never would have been in a relationship with her and mostly likely wouldn't have married her.

According to at least one of her biographers, Kate had already enrolled at and been accepted at another university before she changed her mind and decided to go to St. Andrews because William was going there. When he changed his major from Geography to Art History, she did likewise. Before that, she had chosen to go to Chile for gap year because that's where he was going. She modeled that see through getup to capture his attention. She informed her bosses at Jigsaw that her schedule must remain flexible to accommodate him.

I agree with the other posters. I doubt William would have gotten the time of day from Kate if he had not been Prince William. And it doesn't sound to me like he needed to chase her very much at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom