Which Royals Smoke?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hania

Aristocracy
There are many royals who smoke but which of them have been photographed in the act?I have seen pictures of:

Princess Benedikte,Queen Magerethe and Prince Fredrick of Denmark
King Harald of Norway
Princess Caroline and her son Andrea :angry: and Princess Stephanie

The Queen of England sister Lady Snowdon was a known chain smoker! :sick:
Please add more if u know of any!

Thanks! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by hania@Mar 1st, 2004 - 6:32 am
There are many royals who smoke but which of them have been photographed in the act?I have seen pictures of:

Princess Benedikte,Queen Magerethe and Prince Fredrick of Denmark
King Harald of Norway
Princess Caroline and her son Andrea :angry: and Princess Stephanie

The Queen of England sister Lady Snowdon was a known chain smoker! :sick:
Please add more if u know of any!

Thanks! :rolleyes:
I haf read that since his canser disease the king of norway don´t smoke anymore.
I don´t think that i haf ever seen princesse Benedikte smoking a cig.
I realy don´t care if Queen Margrethe and CP Frederik are smoking a cig becaus we are going to die som daye they are just making it a littel bit rapidity then we mortal are doing :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;) ;)

Willem-Alexander was a known chain smoker and was shown smoking on TV during the coverage of some royal event or other (somebody's wedding, I don't think his own). I've heard that Maxima smoked too, but I have only seen photos of her smoking when she was much younger (Pre- Willem Alexander). I hope they've stopped smoking now that they have a baby at home, but I don't know.
I've seen a picture of Prince Joachim of Denmark smoking (don't know if Alexandra smokes or if Joachim still smokes - as the photo I saw was pre-children) and also King Constantine and Prince Nikolaos of Greece.
-C

Originally posted by Just C@Mar 1st, 2004 - 7:20 pm
Willem-Alexander was a known chain smoker and was shown smoking on TV during the coverage of some royal event or other (somebody's wedding, I don't think his own). I've heard that Maxima smoked too, but I have only seen photos of her smoking when she was much younger (Pre- Willem Alexander). I hope they've stopped smoking now that they have a baby at home, but I don't know.
I've seen a picture of Prince Joachim of Denmark smoking (don't know if Alexandra smokes or if Joachim still smokes - as the photo I saw was pre-children) and also King Constantine and Prince Nikolaos of Greece.
-C
Maxima still smokes, or at least she did until very recently. I saw a picture of her puffing away while sitting across from Laurentian and Eloise.

Originally posted by H.M. Margrethe@Mar 1st, 2004 - 12:12 pm
I haf read that since his canser disease the king of norway don´t smoke anymore.
You're right, King Harald has quit smoking since his cancer diagnosis. If you go to the Norwegian forum under the latest King Harald and Queen Sonja News thread, there is an article about how he quit and how he feels about it.

There is also the infamous incident of Queen Margrethe lighting up while visiting a cancer ward. The article even made it to non-royal publications such as People Magazine here in North America and some newspapers here in Canada.

Some other royal smokers to add to the list:
Prince Henrik
Prince Joachim
Crown Prince Haakon
Prince Ernst August
Prince Harry
Lord Frederik Windsor
Princess Marilene of the Netherlands (wife of Prince Maurits)
Prince Johan Friso

Not royal, but royal-affiliated
Pierre Casiraghi (Does sister Charlotte smoke, too?)
Camilla Parker-Bowles - used to smoke, but has since given it up because Charles finds it to be a "filthy" habit

I have also heard that Infanta Elena smokes, though I have never seen a picture.

Interesting! Also, I read that CP Mette-Marit quit smoking a few years ago. I don't remember the specifics, but I think it might have had to do with her being sick.

Originally posted by beebee@Mar 1st, 2004 - 11:21 pm
Interesting! Also, I read that CP Mette-Marit quit smoking a few years ago. I don't remember the specifics, but I think it might have had to do with her being sick.
I seem to remember hearing that somewhere as well. I think it was when she was in the hospital. She got pneumonia or something to that effect? I don't remember either.

Also, I don't think that Prince Henrik smokes anymore. I remember reading in an article during the whole Queen Margarethe and the smoking in the hospital incident where they talked about how he quit a few years ago. I could be wrong though, my memory on this subject is very vague.

Mette-Marit quit smoking after she had pneumonia. I don't recall hearing that she started again.

I had read that Maxima had quit smoking. Maybe she did so because she and WA were trying to conceive. I am not sure if she has resumed smoking. However, she was still smoking even after her wedding.

There is a picture of Haya of Jordan smoking in the Mid. East. Royals section. I once read that she hated smoking, but I soon forgot about it when I saw the picture which had a recent date at the time. Her half brother Crown Prince Hamzah also smokes (at least he did).

I have heard that Infanta Elena smokes as well. I would love to see a picture.

I have also seen pics of charlotte casiraghi smoking with her mother and brother in the pic.isnt she and pierre a bit to young to be smoking and shouldnt their mother try and stop them before they becum chain smokers?

Does Ana Marie smoke?all the people close to her smoke,her husband,sisters,son!

I also think that Sofia of spain smokes.

Originally posted by hania@Mar 2nd, 2004 - 6:26 am
I have also seen pics of charlotte casiraghi smoking with her mother and brother in the pic.isnt she and pierre a bit to young to be smoking and shouldnt their mother try and stop them before they becum chain smokers?

I didn't know that Charlotte smokes. I am not surprised, however. I saw a picture of Andrea smoking when he was about 13. I doubt that Caroline takes this very seriously as she was seen drinking and smoking during her pregnancy with Alexandra. Why would someone who would smoke and drink during the time that she was pregnant give that much thought to her children smoking once they had been born and advanced in age?

Caroline and EA really appear to be chain smokers.

I am not sure if Ana Maria smokes, maybe she did and quit or still does but makes sure to only do so privately.

I thought that Queen Sofia of Spain had quit smoking? :unsure:

If u go to the tread on the casiraghi trio and click on either andrea,charlotte or pierre's thread you will find pics of them with cigarettes.it is shocking 2 c even pierre so young with a cigarrete!does Mary of Denmark smoke?

Originally posted by Gabriella@Mar 2nd, 2004 - 12:09 am
Also, I don't think that Prince Henrik smokes anymore. I remember reading in an article during the whole Queen Margarethe and the smoking in the hospital incident where they talked about how he quit a few years ago. I could be wrong though, my memory on this subject is very vague.
Oops! You're right about this. Now that I've read it here, I do recall reading an article about how Prince Henrik quit smoking. My mistake.

I don't think Queen Sofia smokes any more. From what I've read, she has lived a pretty "clean" life in the past decade if not more. She is a vegetarian and is quite health-conscious, like her daughter Cristina.

:eek: It seems to me as if I had very long ago seen a picture of Queen Anne-Marie with a cigarette in her hand, but I am not quite sure. She was then partly behind someting an it could have been sometining else as a cigarette. But as her mother, Queen Ingrid, smoked, and her sister, Queen Margrethe, is a heavy smoker, I would not wonder if she was a smoker, too. :eek:

I have seen a pic of Marie chantal and her sister with cigarrettes in their hands and I have also seen that Martha Lousie smokes!

Originally posted by hania@Mar 2nd, 2004 - 1:26 am

did sofia smoke? :eek:

Princess Caroline and her son Andrea  and Princess Stephanie
charlotte also...
i've seen some pics of her smoking... i'll try to post the link if i find them ;)

That´s incredable.I never knew that they are smoking,but we shouldn´t forget when somebody who stands in the limelight smokes a cigarette the press will make him a strong smoker...
I myself smoke from time to time but I wouldn´t call myself a smoker.for me a smoker is somebody who smokes regularly(?) every day...

I have pictures of king Carl Gustaf of Sweden, late queen Ingrid of Denmark and late king Hussein I of Jordan smoking

I have pics of these three royals smoking in 1972 during a dinner in Persepolis (Iran), in the celebrations of the 2500th anniversary of the Persian Empire

I would like to post the pictures but I don't know how!

Alexandria  Posted: Mar 1st, 2004 - 9:42 pm
Quite a list.

Maybe there should be a separate topic for royal non-smokers ...... it seems it wouldn't be very long, or ?

The continuing listing of royals that smokes proves my point ..... it would be better to 'see' a list of non-smokers.

Surprisingly ... are the english in the majority of non-smokers ?

Does Queen Beatrix smoke? I have seen a picture of Prince Claus smoking, but I don't remember where. Also, does anyone have photos of other royalty smoking?

that odd for me!

im hope so that King Harald would stop smoking because he had cancer im glad he quit!

many people who is royals still smoking lots!

Sara Boyce

Originally posted by bct88@Apr 20th, 2004 - 12:01 pm
Does Queen Beatrix smoke? I have seen a picture of Prince Claus smoking, but I don't remember where. Also, does anyone have photos of other royalty smoking?
Does anyone know???

I don't think any of the senior British royals smoke except for Wills and Harry. Wills has denied smoking but has been photographed with packs of cigarettes and associates say he does smoke. Harry we know smokes.

Prince Ali also smokes. I have pictures of him smoking holding his cigarette right in the face of another man while they are looking at a map. I found it odd that Haya was pictured smoking at an olympic event in which she was representing Jordan. How you can be an athelete and concentrate on staying healthy and do something so filthy and damaging is beyond me.

Originally posted by Lalla Meriem@Apr 23rd, 2004 - 3:33 am
I found it odd that Haya was pictured smoking at an olympic event in which she was representing Jordan. How you can be an athelete and concentrate on staying healthy and do something so filthy and damaging is beyond me.
I have never understood that either. Apparently, Crown Prince Frederik has been promoting a healthy lifestyle in Denmark, but he smokes like a chimney. Smoking and healthy living just don't go together, IMO.

Queen Beatrix smokes as well, but she tries not to be photographed while smoking. I saw her smoking with Queen Margarethe II during the reception after the wedding of the duke of Brabant & Mathilde d'Udekem-d'Acoz on television.

Back
Top Bottom