Which Royals Smoke?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sean.~ said:
I remember Maxima puffing away while Laurentien and her baby sat next to her. It was truly disgusting. I hope that she gave up the habit during her own pregnancies.

I agree .That was so disgusting of maxima . But I don't think that she gave up this habit . I heard that she was smoking and drinking during her both pregnancies and that is the reason why she had problems during her pregnancies.

This is that photo.

Attachments

• kjg.JPG
    kjg.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 13,921
Last edited:
truth said:
I agree .That was so disgusting of maxima . But I don't think that her gave up this habit . I heard that she was smoking and drinking during her both pregnancies and that is the reason why she had problems during her pregnancies.

This is that photo.

Thanks for posting the pic. I was never a fan of hers for a myriad of reasons (her father's politics being one of them), but this pic turned me off her completely & really confirmed her self-indulgent nature to me.

I hope her children are healthy, however, maybe it is just me, but yesterday when I was looking at the family pics I kept thinking that the older daughter had a mild downe syndrome kind of look. I'm not saying that to be mean, but it is just the immediate reaction I had upon seeing the pics.

Sean.~ said:
Thanks for posting the pic. I was never a fan of hers for a myriad of reasons (her father's politics being one of them), but this pic turned me off her completely & really confirmed her self-indulgent nature to me.

I hope her children are healthy, however, maybe it is just me, but yesterday when I was looking at the family pics I kept thinking that the older daughter had a mild downe syndrome kind of look. I'm not saying that to be mean, but it is just the immediate reaction I had upon seeing the pics.

You're welcome Sean. I think the same about Amalia. She was too fat and now looks strange especially her face . Maxima is a party animal and IMO this is not good for the royal family and Holland. WA smokes too much ,his teeth are very bad . Maxima's teeth turned yellow because of smoking.

More pictures about the smoking Maxima.

Attachments

• maxi 1.JPG
    maxi 1.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 4,760
  • maxi 2.JPG
    maxi 2.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 6,948
  • maxi 3.JPG
    maxi 3.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 4,471
Last edited:
truth said:

She looks incredibly classless, IMO. But, then again we all let our hair down from time-to-time.

Sean (trying to be fair in his dislike of Maxima)

Last edited:
Iain said:
Oh dear, I'm afraid she doesn't look very lady-like in this photo. If smokers only knew what they look like with a "fag" dangling from their lips I'm sure they would give up.

I just wish (and have been for years) that she'd get her teeth bleached or something. The smoking has taken its toll on them, as they are truly awful to look at. Not exactly the smile that one expects from a head of state.

Last edited:
truth said:
She was too fat and now looks strange especially her face .
Amalia seems perfectly normal to me. She's a cute little girl. About her weight... she a baby, what are they suppose to do, put her on weight watcher? :confused:

attachment.php

Last edited:
timtonruben359 said:
LOL, I know smoking is not Genetic but as an ex-smoker myself, when your parents and sibiling smoke at home often, you're more likely to become a smoker yourself. For me and a lot of my friends we would never had started if we weren't exposed to it.

My parents smoked like chimneys when my sister and I were growing up. My mother (she's 70) now smokes a pipe because cigarettes are too expensive and my dad (77) stopped years ago because he was diagnosed with alzheimers and decided to go cold turkey.

My mom is so addicted that I went to her house one day and I thought I smelt marijuana! It turns out she ran out of tobacco and was smoking some herbal tea I had once given her! Then she went out and bought some cheap tea as an emergency backup!

My sister and I have never smoked because we thought it was so disgusting. My sister and my son had asthma because of my parents (my son was with his grandparents alot when he was growing up). My son hates smoking and none of my sisters three children smoke. My brother and his wife and 5 kids don't smoke either (they're Mormon)...hopefully the trend will continue!

Amira said:
Princess Lalla Meryem smokes ...i don't know about her sisters and prince moulay rachid ...but the king M6 does ...

Well, if Moulay Rachid does smoke we will have to put in our Marriage Contract that he stop! ;) :D

well...sorry to say but maxima seems attacked once more just because she is maxima and not because of her smoking. her daughters look perfectly normal and are so incredibly cute...especailly amalia who looks such a cutie!

truth said:
You're welcome Sean. I think the same about Amalia. She was too fat and now looks strange especially her face . Maxima is a party animal and IMO this is not good for the royal family and Holland. WA smokes too much ,his teeth are very bad . Maxima's teeth turned yellow because of smoking.

Those pictures don't help Maxima's case any. She looks like I do (a college student out for some fun!), which is probably not the best image if you're trying to say that you can follow the very professional and beloved Queen Beatrix....

SpiffyBallerina said:
Those pictures don't help Maxima's case any. She looks like I do (a college student out for some fun!), which is probably not the best image if you're trying to say that you can follow the very professional and beloved Queen Beatrix....

Beatrix smokes too ;)

Maxima is in holland the most popular royal, critizing her smoking so near to a child, let alone a new-born and one that is not even your own, is inconsiderate and has nothing to do with liking or disliking her. People with a bit of sense from west europe and north america are able to know by reading and watching tv that that is simply not well done.

nokklav said:
well...sorry to say but maxima seems attacked once more just because she is maxima and not because of her smoking. her daughters look perfectly normal and are so incredibly cute...especailly amalia who looks such a cutie!

The Watcher said:
Beatrix smokes too ;)

Well, I have yet to see any pictures of her doing so, so I think that it's up for debate. Even if she does, she's VERY discrete about it. I think that shows that she knows it's a bad habit and she doesn't want it to be glorified or seen as something tolerable.

i think many are just trying to be too moralists...and many should perfectly know that smoking is indeed done near newborns, both if they're your own or not. if this is correct to do or not that is another story, but maxima is definitely nor the first nor the last person doing that...that is my point!

nokklav said:
i think many are just trying to be too moralists...and many should perfectly know that smoking is indeed done near newborns, both if they're your own or not. if this is correct to do or not that is another story, but maxima is definitely nor the first nor the last person doing that...that is my point!

Just because others may or may not do it does not excuse her behaviour. The fact of the matter is that someone in her position is supposed to be setting an example, and thus should know better and have more self-control over their addictions. Concern for the child's health should have come before her need for a nicotine fix.

that might be the single most important thing we (or some of us) want of royals, to set an example that we can admire. Not perfection, that is boring, just not any major mistakes.

Sean.~ said:
Just because others may or may not do it does not excuse her behaviour. The fact of the matter is that someone in her position is supposed to be setting an example, and thus should know better and have more self-control over their addictions. Concern for the child's health should have come before her need for a nicotine fix.

Sean.~ said:
I just wish (and have been for years) that she'd get her teeth bleached or something. The smoking has taken its toll on them, as they are truly awful to look at. Not exactly the smile that one expects from a head of state.

As much as I like QMII, I have to agree with you. They're not pretty to look at.

i think he is lessing his smokin after he got married to Mary who does smoke at all

July 2005 Queen Margrethe smoking while watching the military band playing at Graasten Palace.

Photo: Colourpress

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 7,094
:) :p
warren commented in the curtsying thread that re etiquette you have to learn all about it at a very young age (not an exact quote, sorry). Margrethe surely knows she should not smoke at a public function outdoors, but she is sitting halfway indoors, halfway outdoors so that is all right then :) :p

Squidgy said:
July 2005 Queen Margrethe smoking while watching the military band playing at Graasten Palace.

Photo: Colourpress

Sean.~ said:

If it were not an addiction, then she would be able to control it by not smoking, now wouldn't she? Sure it would be great for Maxima to be a great symbol of all that is good and virtuous and be as close to perfect as possible, but she isn't. I think that we forget sometimes that royal though the may be, they are still human beings behind closed doors and are entitled and subject to vices as the rest of us in the world.

I think what Sean and others are correctly alluding to is that that picture of Maxima puffing in the face of a defenseless newborn is not only amazingly inconsiderate. It is giving the rest of us a glimpse of what might well be the <real> Maxima.

After all, this is a girl who went along with her father being disinvited to her own wedding. Do you all really think she would have been accepting of that if her bethrothed didn't come attached to a future European throne? (ok she was probably pressured into that one by the panicy Dutch PM)

But I also think that it's equally telling from that picture that neither her spouse WA, nor Laurentien or Constantijn are setting her straight about her appalling behavior.

Seriously, I don't mean to sound like a goody two-shoes, but if I had been Laurentien, the mother of the innocent infant, I would have said something about the fact my sis in law was blowing smoke in the direction of my prodigy! This tells me that WA and his brother and others probably exhibit the exact same (smoking) behavior behind close doors and therefore think nothing of Maxima smoking next to a baby!

And as for vices, sure Maxima is entitled to some of her own, like all of us. She already has some, like going on vacation 10-plus times a year on the Dutch tax payers' dime, and not really pulling in 8 hrs a day 5 days a week for the Netherlands despite the fact they pay her nearly 1 million Euro's a year. Not convinced on the "return on investment" of this girl for the Dutch tax payer, but that's another thread altogether! ;)

Vade Retro Maxima!

princess olga said:
I think what Sean and others are correctly alluding to is that that picture of Maxima puffing in the face of a defenseless newborn is not only amazingly inconsiderate. It is giving the rest of us a glimpse of what might well be the <real> Maxima.

After all, this is a girl who went along with her father being disinvited to her own wedding. Do you all really think she would have been accepting of that if her bethrothed didn't come attached to a future European throne? (ok she was probably pressured into that one by the panicy Dutch PM)

But I also think that it's equally telling from that picture that neither her spouse WA, nor Laurentien or Constantijn are setting her straight about her appalling behavior.

Seriously, I don't mean to sound like a goody two-shoes, but if I had been Laurentien, the mother of the innocent infant, I would have said something about the fact my sis in law was blowing smoke in the direction of my prodigy! This tells me that WA and his brother and others probably exhibit the exact same (smoking) behavior behind close doors and therefore think nothing of Maxima smoking next to a baby!

And as for vices, sure Maxima is entitled to some of her own, like all of us. She already has some, like going on vacation 10-plus times a year on the Dutch tax payers' dime, and not really pulling in 8 hrs a day 5 days a week for the Netherlands despite the fact they pay her nearly 1 million Euro's a year. Not convinced on the "return on investment" of this girl for the Dutch tax payer, but that's another thread altogether! ;)
Wow! I had never realized before your post that Maxima was such an evil monster! I bet she eat defenceless babies for a breakfast (after puffing smoke at them of course):p .

Back
Top Bottom