Which Royals Smoke?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just don't get it. I know that in Europe, smoking isn't seen as a really bad thing, but the serious and negative effects are the same all over the world. I mean, if someone said, "Here try this poison. It will kill you slowly, make you smell, and waste all your money," then who on earth would say "Sure! Sign me up!"?
I know smoking is addictive and that some people (ones older than like 35 or 40 years old) are stuck because they didn't know how bad it was when they got hooked. What confuses me is the YOUNG people who know all the bad things and choose to do it anyway!

-Kathleen

yes she did,may she rest in peace and so did her brother, iwonder if phillipe and laurent and claire and mathilde smoke?

SpiffyBallerina said:
I just don't get it. I know that in Europe, smoking isn't seen as a really bad thing, but the serious and negative effects are the same all over the world. I mean, if someone said, "Here try this poison. It will kill you slowly, make you smell, and waste all your money," then who on earth would say "Sure! Sign me up!"?
I know smoking is addictive and that some people (ones older than like 35 or 40 years old) are stuck because they didn't know how bad it was when they got hooked. What confuses me is the YOUNG people who know all the bad things and choose to do it anyway!

-Kathleen
I think this is turning around, at least in Northern Europe. Ireland and Norway have banned smoking at places where the public meet (i.e. cafes, bars, pubs, restaurants). And in Norway it have been illegal to smoke inside and right outside of public buildings for a decade or so.

And sales of cigarettes have dropped dramatically, but the sales of snuff have skyrocketed instead. Even for women :( And I think that the fact that King Harald was able to quit smoking was an inspiration to some Norwegians to also stop, because the King was a heavy smoker (as far as I gather anyway).

Snuff is a type of tobacco that you don't inhail. It's kind of a paste that knead into a little ball and put it in between you upper lip and your gum. This is most common with men. Women use a type of snuff that are packed in a little piece of gas (or some fabric) and is used the same way as the other. It has nicotine in it such as cigarettes, but it doesn't bother pepole around you, or dammage your lungs. But it can lead to cancer in your mouth instead. And it's disgusting because some people spitt the snuff into ashtrays and coffecups :( (I've worked at a cafe) And gallups have shown that people that want to quit smoking start to use snuff instead. And a lot of Norwegian athelete.

And her comes the royal bit; I don't think any of the royals in Norway use snuff, thankfully!

Hope this helped you:)

I don't know if he has been mentioned but Prince Nikolaos of Greece smokes.;)

Attachments

• nik64.JPG
    nik64.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 34,973
Last edited:
rchainho said:
This photo was taken in marocco. :)
I don'«t know if felipe of spain smokes because one biographer of him said that he didn't like the smoke of cigars.
No Felipe is an big time anti-smoker. I have heard that he tell smokers not to do it with him around. ;)

mostly Royal women who been smoking and non-royal women who been smoking for reasons! maybe cant help with that Royals because have desparate or whatever!

im been smoking for 5 years but my mom forces me to quit smoking because not good health for me but i told her that my choice what i wanted it! but i had lung surgery in 1993 its wont damages my lungs for that! but i told my mom about that i would carefully! and my dad found out im smoking! but im still smoking because im desparate for long time!

my late Grandfather Bean been smoking for long time my mom told me that my late Grandfather died in 1977 because of two heart attacks in 1975 and 1976 because of smoking too much! he died at 41 years old! i would careful i wont wanted attacks like him! my mom told me she cant breathe because of my late grandfather got smoking too much but i didnt know that!

Sara Boyce

did princess grace ever smoke and does any of the japanese royals smoke?

susanstotz said:
(what is snuff excactly? no one uses it in holland, except cocaine but that too expensive to be popular).
I know this is a really late response but here in the US "snuff" is chewing tobacco. Nothing like cocaine at all. ;)

And Josephine-Charlotte smoked like a chimney.
Lollies!
-Kara-

hania said:
did princess grace ever smoke and does any of the japanese royals smoke?
Don't know about the Japanese royals but I've read in several biographies of Grace that she only smoked when she was super-nervous....like, she lit up right before she met Prince Rainier. :)

Lollies!
-Kara-

I heard Letizia is a smoker. i'm not sure if its true.

yes she does,jo.if u look at the earlier pages of this thread u wil see their are two pictures of her smoking and even queen sofia is a heavy smoker

Did Letizia give up smoking or not because Felipe is non-smoker?

I know that's why i asked that. I find it wierd that him would marry a smoke when he is so against it. Ever eva smoked. I though Letizia quit I guess not.

in one of the eaarlier thread there is a picture puffing away on a cigarette

Jo said:
I know that's why i asked that. I find it wierd that him would marry a smoke when he is so against it. Ever eva smoked. I though Letizia quit I guess not.
I don't know wheter or not she quit but the pictures of her smoking were from before she met Felipe. If Felipe is so against it I doubt she still smokes.

marezdote said:
I don't know wheter or not she quit but the pictures of her smoking were from before she met Felipe. If Felipe is so against it I doubt she still smokes.

Well and i was thinking that they might be wanting to have kids soon. I know they said that they were going to take a year before trying. So maybe she has quit or is trying to. I haven't seen any recnet photos of her smoking. Has anyone else?

Does anyone have photos of the Swedish Royals smoking in the public?

I dont know if soome1 say this before: Caroline of monaco, Stepahenie, Andrea, Pierre and charlotte(i don´t think she is a smoker i only saw her one smoking).

Piewi said:
I dont know if soome1 say this before: Caroline of monaco, Stepahenie, Andrea, Pierre and charlotte(i don´t think she is a smoker i only saw her one smoking).
Yeah practically the whole Monaco gang smoke except the lil ones...

HMQueenElizabethII said:
Yes i know The Queen now is strong and healthy.She never smokes.She sleeps early at 8.30 pm and gets up at 5.30 am.She also does some exercises in the morning.
Golly she wakes up at 5:30? :eek: whoa...what on earth for? It's cold and she's old...and i don't think many people are even awake then...

Back
Top Bottom