Which Royals Smoke?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am sure Eugenie has been seen smoking but has Beatrice?

Sophie Wessex used to smoke as there are photos from her youth where she is smoking, but most people in the 80's smoked.

I thought that there was a subtext there about the cigarette and what Harry was actually smoking. Would a crafty cigarette be a hand-rolled with any kind of herb inside, or does it specifically refer to marijuana?

Isn't a 'crafty' cigarette- which is then passed back and forth- quite likely to have been cannabis? That was a joint.

"After inhaling, the super-fit prince can be seen handing the cigarette back, only to repeat the process again moments later."

Not sure about that. The ones that were published were more sensational and they along with the other unsold ones were then subject to a Court case were they not, hence there not being published if they did indeed exsist. There were also photographs of a packet of cigarettes inside the then Kate Middleton's handbag taken at one time.

I've seen a picture of Kate. The photo was prior to marriage.

I thought that there was a subtext there about the cigarette and what Harry was actually smoking. Would a crafty cigarette be a hand-rolled with any kind of herb inside, or does it specifically refer to marijuana?

If you look at the pictures, he's not holding it like a joint - cigarettes are typically held between the index and middle fingers, while joints are held between the index and the thumb.

My guess is what's happened is Harry wanted to minimize his time holding the cigarette to minimize the pictures of him with one, so his friend lit and held it. That or they were sharing it (people do share cigarettes), but her smoking was left out.

Scooter. lymphoma is terrible but not equated to smoking. There are many cancers that occur in just anyone.

Not sure about lymphoma, but the number one risk factor for leukemia is smoking. My cousin has it now and is still smoking

Chronic cigarette smoking will weaken/damage a person's immune system which is ultimately what leads to free radicals and cell mutations which leads to cancers...of all types.

Not to mention emphysema and narrowing of the cardiovascular arteries. It's just all around bad news and my sympathies to people who struggle to quit, because nicotine addiction is powerful like no other:sad:.

My father is a smoker. Fortunately, noone in my family have taken on that addiction. I'll admit that I've tried a cigarette, but I was lucky enough to no like it all. I guess, it is no different for royals. It's an addiction and iquititng is difficuly as hell. Especially if one is a chain-smoker for a long time...

Not sure about that. The ones that were published were more sensational and they along with the other unsold ones were then subject to a Court case were they not, hence there not being published if they did indeed exsist. There were also photographs of a packet of cigarettes inside the then Kate Middleton's handbag taken at one time.

She might have been carrying them for someone else.

I've never smoked, but have carried cigarettes for male friends (who seem to think that is the purpose of a handbag).

Does anyone know if the Princess Madeleine of Sweden still smoke?

Prince Felix of Luxembourg
IMG_4223.jpg

Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume
1_22762_1145520963img22730.jpg

Prince William
"PRINCE WILLIAM SMOKING" | Alpha Press
Does Prince William still smoke?

Last edited by a moderator:
Royals in the BRF used to send tobacco and cigarettes in 'Comforts for the Troops' packages to soldiers/sailors who were fighting in various wars. I believe Queen Victoria (who herself puffed away at picnics at Balmoral to keep midges away) began the custom. Tobacco was sent to troops in the Boer War. I think cigarettes were among the 'treats' sent by Queen Mary and King George in World War One. I wonder whether this happened with other monarchs?

If he and/or Kate do they will be doing it in private. It's a real no-no to be seen smoking nowadays and even celebrities avoid being seen smoking if they can.

That photo of William is totally photoshopped. I have Penny Junior 's book on Prince William. The photo sans cigarette is in it. Part of pictures for his 18th birthday

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Yeah that photo of William is photoshop

Carl XVI Gustaf and Princess Madeleine smoke

Really bad photoshop of Will at that. The cigarette's angle and size :bang::lol:

I just shake my head when I see anyone particularly royals smoke. As I've said before royals are human and not immune to having health issues down the road from smoking.

The heaviest longtime keen smoker among the royals must be Queen Margrethe of Denmark. I am amazed that she remains in quite good health, not that I wish anything bad for her at all! Does Prince Henrik smoke?

The heaviest longtime keen smoker among the royals must be Queen Margrethe of Denmark. I am amazed that she remains in quite good health, not that I wish anything bad for her at all! Does Prince Henrik smoke?

I agree - Margrethe has had an amazing run, period, and for someone who smokes as long and heavily as her, well she has defied the odds (I too wish her a good, long life).

My understanding is that most of the DRF are smokers, Henrik, Joachim, Frederik, although I believe Fred quit quite some time ago.

He did, though I believe I have read he has quit smoking. I remember seeing a black and white pic of him with a smoke with either a small Joachim or Fred in his lap:bang:

Fred is quoted as thanking Mary for inspiring him to quit.

Last edited:
Well, smoking isn't the only unhealthy habit a person can have (heavy drinking is one that comes to mind)

I wonder which one of the royal who doesn't smoke anymore, used to smoked once. I read about a couple of them but cound't find any proof.

When Prince William of Wales took up smoking, he chose Marlboro Lights.

Was that supposed to be a free add ?

BTW, hasn't William quit ? He hasn't been seen smoking in public for many years now, I suppose.

This is OT but the other day I saw a young man with a punk haircut, walking along the street, he got on the bus I was on.. but as he was on the street I saw CLOUDS of smoke coming from him! I htougtht he was on fire!

Now that's what I call spotting a *hot* man when you're out and about. :hiding:

:previous: Just a thought and I'm too tired to go back and look, but I don't think there are any photos of Harry smoking at Tom's wedding.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom