Which Royals Are Good Friends?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mette-Marit and Haakon are good friends to Prince Willem-Alexander and Maxima of the Netherlands, Princess Victoria of Sweden, Prince Kyrtil(?) and Rosario Nadal of Bulgaria, Prince Constantin and Laurentien of the Netherlands, Prince Pavlos and Marie-Chantal of Greece, Prince Felipe and Letizia of Spain, Prince Fredrik and Mary of Denmark.. and more

Mariella/Minka

If you take a look on this pics, you can see that Sonia of Norway and Juan Carlos of Spain is friends:
0000329899-014.jpg

Sonia was last summer on a boat trip with Sofia, Letizia, Cristina and her kids in Spain.

Mariella

From Royal Glittering:
[font=verdana, arial]This week's Se & Hør(Norwegian gossip magazine) informs us that Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit left their children back home and went on a luxurious vacation onboard Italian fashion designer Valentino's yacht. The magazine has lots of pictures of a healthy and pregnant Mette-Marit in bikini. Onboard the yacht were also Prince Kyrill and Princess Rosario of Bulgaria, who seems to be close friends to Haakon and Mette-Marit. As the relationship between Mette-Marit and Valentino seems to get even more close, I bet we'll see more beautiful outfits in the time to come!
happy.gif
[/font]
--------------------------------------------------------------
So Kyrill and Rosario is good friends of Haakon and Mette-Marit

Mariella

I've read that Rania and Charles are good friends.

The Spanish Royal Family and the Bulgarian Family. Simeón of Bulgaria is married with a Spanish woman Margarita Gómez-Acebo (I believe that family of the husband of the Infanta Pilar), and they have lived through great part of their exile in Spain.

LaMinka, it was in an article in Hello, she spoke about her disappointment at not being able to attend his wedding because she was still breastfeeding

Little_star said:
LaMinka, it was in an article in Hello, she spoke about her disappointment at not being able to attend his wedding because she was still breastfeeding
Okey, i was thinking Charles + Rania = Good friends?

LaMinka said:
Okey, i was thinking Charles + Rania = Good friends?
I also remember seeing a photo on the British Royal Family website of Camilla and Queen Rania talking at an Osteoporosis Conference. Camilla is president of the International Osteoporosis Society, and Rania is a patron, so maybe they've met at functions for that organization.

kwanfan said:
I also remember seeing a photo on the British Royal Family website of Camilla and Queen Rania talking at an Osteoporosis Conference. Camilla is president of the International Osteoporosis Society, and Rania is a patron, so maybe they've met at functions for that organization.
Here is the picture

I think Guillaume and Sybilla of Luxembourg are close to Constantijn and Laurentien of The Netherlands, they attended the baptisms of both Eloise as Claus-Casimir.
Laurentien is also friends with Martha-Louise of Norway, she is the godmother of Leah-Isodora.

How about Earlier Royals like Tsar Nicholas II

Royal Fan said:
How about Earlier Royals like Tsar Nicholas II

i do believe he was closest to george v.

msfroyste said:
i do believe he was closest to george v.
Erm... I don't think so; Nicholas II and George V met only once as monarchs, in Germany in 1913. After the Russian revolution George V objected to granting asylum in the United Kingdom to the Romanovs.

Mapple said:
Erm... I don't think so; Nicholas II and George V met only once as monarchs, in Germany in 1913. After the Russian revolution George V objected to granting asylum in the United Kingdom to the Romanovs.
But they would have met at the Fredensborg gatherings when they were children, wouldn't they?

I also recall reading something in a biography about Queen Mary that the Russian family came over to George and Mary's wedding, and Nicholas got a haircut from George's barber and a suit from where George had his suits made, so that they looked frighteningly alike. There was also a picture taken of them, I think.

norwegianne said:
But they would have met at the Fredensborg gatherings when they were children, wouldn't they?

I also recall reading something in a biography about Queen Mary that the Russian family came over to George and Mary's wedding, and Nicholas got a haircut from George's barber and a suit from where George had his suits made, so that they looked frighteningly alike. There was also a picture taken of them, I think.
I've got a 1909 photo of them standing side by side and dressed identically in the book about George V--they are look-alikes! :)

Nonetheless, you don't cut your best friend dead when he needs your help... George V did just that.

I think that:
-Máxima&Letizia are good friends(both speak spanish)
-Also, i believe Máxima&Mette-Marit are friends.

I think it is odd that Princess Anne of England is friends with Camillia's ex-husband. They were once lovers. I read in Royalty Magazine that they are friends. They even had a photo of them hanging out!

andrea...

hey....can anyone tell me who's the best friend of Andrea Casiraghi?:)

ierine

Queen Noor and Empress Farah Pahlavi
Reza II. Pahlavi and King Juan Carlos of Spain
Queen Fabiola and Empress Farah Pahlavi
Prince of Wales and Prince Khalid Faisal

King Olav V. and Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother
Prince Philip, Prince Henrik of Denmark and Prince Claus of the Netherlands

Bruno Gómez-Acebo and Prince Nikolaos of Greece
Prince Gustaf Adolf of Sweden (1906-0947) and Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands (1911-2004)

Prince Claus was not that close to hendrik of Phillip, I would say Bernhard and Phillip were more alike. Claus befriended Prince Moritz of Hessen-Kassel and Richard of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg.

Queen Juliana was friends with Sybilla of Sweden, Alice of Athlone (her aunt) and Kira of Prussia (nee Russia).

Princess Maxima said:
I think that:
-Máxima&Letizia are good friends(both speak spanish)
-Also, i believe Máxima&Mette-Marit are friends.

I'm not sure about Maxima and Letizia. there were the photos of them chatting at Mary and Frederick's wedding but that is the only time I'm aware of that they were together. (other than Letizia's wedding but that doesn't really count)

does anyone know of other instances where they were hanging out together?

I've seen photos of the CP families of Norway and Holland together informally. it seems pretty logical for MM and Maxima to get together so that little Ingrid and Amalia can become friends.

Was Nicholas II Close to any other Monarchs
like in Sweden or Denmark or Norway
He wasnt very close to Wilhelm II Of Germany was he

Royal Fan said:
Was Nicholas II Close to any other Monarchs
like in Sweden or Denmark or Norway
He wasnt very close to Wilhelm II Of Germany was he
'Willy' and 'Nicky' were quite close, I'd like to say. Partly it was solidarity between two autocrats, and partly--genuine friendship. They liked to go hunting together, they discussed everything in their numerous letters.

In 1905 the two emperors even signed a treaty of friendship on board of the Tsar's yacht, the fact that Russia was allied with France then notwithstanding. Wilhelm II was joyous--he thought that his personal diplomacy broke the union of Russia and France. Nicholas II signed the treaty, having been overawed by Wilhelm's rhetoric.

The Russian ministers were shocked. Witte, Izvolsky and Grand Duke Nicholas went to the Tsar and presssurised him into denouncing the yacht treaty (more precisely, the treaty was declared having no legal force until France's accession to it!)

Last edited:
Thans spiffy, I still remember seeing on television the Queen almost running to meet Juan-Carlos and Sofia on this occassion & hugging them. I believe Claus and Sofia could get along very well to. It was at Palace Het Loo where the queen celebrated parts of her 60th birthday. Due to a ETA bomb attack the king and quen did not find it appropriate to attend all the festivities, however, they came over for a lunch at the palace, a very sweet gesture! I also remember the Charles V celebrations in Spain where Queen Beatrix and Juan-Carlos were walking armed from a cathedral.

The picture of Margrethe and Beatrix is priceless!!! Where did you get it? I can't wait for simular pictures of Elisabeth/ Catharina-Amalia/ Ingrid Alexandra/ Leonor.

I think King Albert II is close to Juan-Carlos and Beatrix as well, they were the two monarchs he consulted when his brother, King Baudouin died (on wherther to accept the trone or cede his rights in favour of his eldest son).

What about the Luxembourg royals? I know Prince Claus tought Marie-Therese to eat oysters (which is not frienship, but it seemed sweet), as he tried to comfort her as the dutch state visit was the first one she participated in (in 1981 or 1982). I am still waiting for the state visit of the Luxembourgians to their Dutch fellow-Nassau's btw, traditionally Benelux royals would pay state visits to the other Benelux countries very ealy in their reign, most often they were the first state visits.

Back
Top Bottom