Warm Moments Between Royals - Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must say this day has changed my perception of Chris, Madeleine and Victoria. The bridal couple was much more appealing than I thought they were. And Victoria less appealing (though I have that feeling for a longer time now). She had to play "the couple sooo much in love, with their cute little daughter" on her sister's wedding day. And there are people complaining about Sofia loving the media attention too much.

Do you think, maybe just maybe, Victoria ASKED her sister if it was okay to bring Estelle? And Madeline said yes? It just shows that Madeline has a deep love for her niece and wanted her there. Everyone knows how quickly a child, especially at Estelle's age, can turn from calm to bratty. This was no attention-seeking at all. You forget Victoria is the Crown Princess of Sweden. She already has a high profile and is extremely popular in her own right.

I truly enjoyed seeing Chris show so much emotion. It was actually quite refreshing after the last several days of events. He seemed to be really excited about the day, maybe even more so than Madeleine. All of the kisses were really cute and him tearing up reminded me of Frederick when Mary walked down the aisle, very touching. And as far as Estelle goes, I don't know the circumstances about why she was there, I usually side with those saying that young children do not need to be at a wedding, unless the bride and groom expressed a wish for them to be there.

If you are against children at a wedding, then I hope you avoid our area. Weddings here are for the entire family and there are lots of children.

I totally agree with you Ricarda.A girl of Estelle's age has nothing to do in a church wedding.As I have said in another thread a small child distracts the attention from the couple and the ceremony.
I would never have thought to say that of Victoria but she seems to be an attention seeker.Why kissing and showing all that affection on the boat where her newly wed sister was.

From all accounts, she was really well-behaved, no? There's way too much over-analyzing going on here.

(though I have that feeling for a longer time now).
Ok, I think this is the problem. It seems to me that you are looking for things to criticize about Victoria.

I, for one, completely disagree. It is very possible, indeed probable, that having Estelle at the wedding is something that Madeleine and the king wanted.

I have no doubt that if Madeleine and/or Chris objected to Estelle being at the church, the child would have been left at home. And it is also obvious that Estelle is a placid and observant little girl and was unlikely to be noisy. And there was a plan in place if that did happen. I see no problem with her being at the church. As for the dinner, that would have been just too much. I don't know how many dinners I have been to that have been ruined by a screaming tired tantrum! No place for a young child.

It was a wedding: a celebration of love and happiness. I see no reason not to have well-behaved children at afternoon weddings. I'm sure Estelle wouldn't have been there if she had a reputation for tantrums, and that there were plans in place to whisk her away if she misbehaved. I thought she was delightful, and the interactions between Daniel and Victoria and their daughter was a highlight for me, and I don't think her presence in any way took anything away from Madeleine and Chris's occasion. And I think it's nice that Daniel and Victoria show affection for each other so openly.

Wow, isn´t it just amazing how everybody seems to become crazy about their favourite royals and the not so favourite?
I´ve always thought is kind of funny. I mean, the things we critize about our "not favourite" could be perfectly used as well against our favs...
In this case, V&D displaying their love and showing little Estelle for PR reasons... aren´t we awake that the same could be applied for our idols if we want to? They´re royals, for god shake, they have to show a good image and all them do things just for PR reasons, it´s just a matter of research.
But of course, we see in other royals what we would never see in our favourites...;)

I have no problem with Estelle being at the wedding. I do think the media coverage has focused on Estelle too much instead of the bride and groom but that is the fault of the media and not the Royal Family.

Wow, isn´t it just amazing how everybody seems to become crazy about their favourite royals and the not so favourite?
I´ve always thought is kind of funny. I mean, the things we critize about our "not favourite" could be perfectly used as well against our favs...
In this case, V&D displaying their love and showing little Estelle for PR reasons... aren´t we awake that the same could be applied for our idols if we want to? They´re royals, for god shake, they have to show a good image and all them do things just for PR reasons, it´s just a matter of research.
But of course, we see in other royals what we would never see in our favourites...;)

Well, if they had never shown eachother love and affection in public before, I would agree with you. But that's not the case.

And if it was unusual to bring kids to the wedding ceremony in church here in Sweden, I would perhaps agree about that as well. But that's not the case either.

Is it good PR to have a royal couple who is very much in love (and shows it) after so many years? Sure it is. Is it good PR to have a cute little princess in the royal family? Sure it is. But should they hide their love and their daughter just because it is good PR? Of course not.

Is it good PR to have a royal couple who is very much in love (and shows it) after so many years? Sure it is. Is it good PR to have a cute little princess in the royal family? Sure it is. But should they hide their love and their daughter just because it is good PR? Of course not.

Heck, if you've got it, flaunt it! :lol:

I'd be the first to complain if it appeared at all false, and only put on for show, but the genuine love between Daniel and Victoria is luminous.

What's so wrong with Victoria and Daniel showing affection toward one another? It's not their fault the photographers caught those moments with each other. I imagine this was a reminder of their own wedding day (which wasn't that long ago), and they still enjoy those emotions they experienced that day. If the media had only focused on the Bride and Groom no one would have seen them. Fuss at the media, not Victoria and Daniel.

I have no problem with Estelle being at the wedding. I do think the media coverage has focused on Estelle too much instead of the bride and groom but that is the fault of the media and not the Royal Family.

I completely agree with you. Inside the church, the tv producer/director had total control over what we all saw, not the SRF.

I think the sweet moments between Victoria, Daniel, and their daughter were rather delightful. To me, they didn't take anything away from Christopher and Madeleine, but made the whole event more personable. Weddings are celebrations meant for the whole family, and that includes children, be they young or not. Also, I'd imagine that Estelle's family know what she can and cannot handle, so they were able to judge whether or not she would be able to sit through the ceremony. She strikes me as a very happy, and well-behaved toddler, who is able to handle something like this with little to no fuss. I'm glad they had her there. Being a young child is not a reason to miss a monumental family occasion.

Annie,to be frank none of them is my favourite;).I am analysing the situation with no partie-pris.My analysis is not biased.What I see is that generally people are very harsh in their criticism of Madeleine and all praise for Victoria.Victoria used to be one of my favourite but over the last months I am a bit puzzled by a few details.Like someone else it could really be for PR reasons.Don't forget that the popularity of monarchy is falling in Sweden over the years.The king and queen and Madeleine aren't popular.Victoria is.I have the feeling that Estelle is used as a faire valoir.
A beautiful baby like Estelle is likely to improve the popularity of monarchy.
From experience,I am always sceptical for those showing to much tenderness in public especially when there a cameras around:D

From experience,I am always sceptical for those showing to much tenderness in public especially when there a cameras around:D
And that what I was trying to say. Doesn´t that makes you sceptical towards every royal couple?
We have this same thread plenty of photos of CP couples looking/ touching/kissing one to another (of course with cameras around, that how we get the photos) that could induce to a sugar overdose.
And instead of saying they are "show-prince/princesses", the same people who are criticising V&D say "how sweet" and "how in love" they are.
I´m very sceptical about that too.

Victoria kissing Daniel on the boat where her newly wed was with Christopher and Knowing there were cameras plenty cameras around is beyond me.
She perfectly knew that those pics will be everywhere.
And yes I am scpetical about some couples too much display of tenderness.
No need to touch or kiss all along your lover in public to show your love especially when there are cameras.
I am much more impressed by tender glances.Look at Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philipp.There is no doubt there is lot of love between them.

Victoria kissing Daniel on the boat where her newly wed was with Christopher and Knowing there were cameras plenty cameras around is beyond me.
No need to touch or kiss all along your lover in public to show your love especially when there are cameras.
I am much more impressed by tender glances.Look at Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philipp.There is no doubt there is lot of love between them.

These people get their pics taken at all times. I imagine that they have just decided as a defense mechanism/normal life strategy to just live their lives and not care where the cameras are. They weren't naked, and it wasn't gross. It was just a kiss. :bang:

The boat was many times quite far away from the shore. Perhaps there were photographers at a boat, but the royals hardly had time to follow where they were, because their boat was turning and moving ahead. It looks like there wasn't anyone else at that time, so they shared a tender moment, probably remembering their own wedding and a differend kind of boat trip with Vasaorden.
One more moment at the boat, Victoria and Daniel
http://s20.postimg.org/lrppt3131/Dan7.jpg

Nice one about Daniel and Carl Philip looking at the happy couple
http://s20.postimg.org/4rbey5dfh/Dan10.jpg

Last edited:
I totally agree with you Ricarda.A girl of Estelle's age has nothing to do in a church wedding.As I have said in another thread a small child distracts the attention from the couple and the ceremony.
I would never have thought to say that of Victoria but she seems to be an attention seeker.Why kissing and showing all that affection on the boat where her newly wed sister was.
Bless my soul!!! Between Soraya and Ricarda there are some serious nasty bits!! Victoria a attention seeker??? Showing off affection and kissing on the boat??? Estelle not suppose to be present at a church wedding???? What the heck are you on about??? Can I tell you about the affection between Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel? I am very sure that today's wedding took them on a trip trough memery lane to their own wedding a few years back, and lets face it, love is in the air!! They are real people with real feelings and did not go overboard!!! Estelle's precense in church was for me very special and I am sure it carried the blessing of the bride and groom. You do not know these people personally so I am really put of by your comments about them!!! Another thing, baby's definitely doesn't belong at a reception after a wedding (espesially a night reception). They will get tired and that is what nanny's are for!!!

Estelle's presence in the church didn't bother anyone, she is not only cute child, but at the same time very calm.

Estelle's presence in the church didn't bother anyone, she is not only cute child, but at the same time very calm.

I can bet that in the future, the picture of Victoria giving the reading with Daniel and Estelle by her side will be one of the most unplanned popular photo from the wedding. Estelle may look at it as she grows older and be told that she was a very important part of Aunt Madeleine and Uncle Chris' wedding.

Sometimes the least expected and spontaneous things are the most treasured.

I can bet that in the future, the picture of Victoria giving the reading with Daniel and Estelle by her side will be one of the most unplanned popular photo from the wedding. Estelle may look at it as she grows older and be told that she was a very important part of Aunt Madeleine and Uncle Chris' wedding.

Even if Estelle has no memory of the event, as I suspect she won't, she will be able to see the video and photographs and will know she was an important part of the occasion, and will therefore feel a part of it.

This was my favorite part of the ceremony. Very candid, and sincere. I was glad that when Estelle started fussing, Daniel took her closer to Victoria, instead of outside in the hallway. Estelle did a great job during the entire thing, making little to no noise, and staying in the area that was designated for her. I've seen plenty of children her age run around the entire sanctuary of the church, and make a good amount of noise, so Estelle gets a gold star from me for being a model little princess during her Aunt and Uncle's wedding.

I was glad that when Estelle started fussing, Daniel took her closer to Victoria, instead of outside in the hallway.

Yes, he knew that what his little girl wanted, and what would calm her, was to be close to her Mummy, so that's what he did. It was a lovely moment, I thought. They gave me the warm fuzzies, and it takes quite a bit for me to get the warm fuzzies. I'm not a maternal person, and I don't usually gush over babies. It takes a special one, and a special relationship as we saw with that little family, to give me that silly smile.

Last edited:
:previous: What about now? :flowers:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/968923_497109447027491_1579114249_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1001764_589738737725747_1742524811_n.jpg

And a quite lovely group pic with a lot of love going on.. Mary and Frederik hold each other's hands, Ari kisses Martha Louise's hand and hold about Mette-Marit :)

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jun2013/PPE130608429.jpg

thank you Roskilde:flowers::flowers:

love the way Frederik looks at Mary
plus the little hand holding ;)

I have standards which I apply to everyone, no matter if they are my favourites or not. It's actually the other way round. If someone meets my standards I like him (better), if he doesn't he falls from grace (in this case Victoria who actually used to be one of my favourites).

Neither Maxima nor Mary did bring their babies to the weddings in their families (Maxima could have in 2004 to Friso's, Mary in 2008 to Joachim's). That's a fact. Nor did those couples feel the need to show their love for each other quite so demonstratively.
If they had I would have critizised it and questioned the reason behind it.
(Kissing on the deck of the ship which is like a stage, visible for everybody. I am sure Victoria was totally unaware that there might be photographers around. She is only in the media's eye since 36 years. So how should she know? And for the record: If pics of Frederik&Mary or Haakon&Mette-Marit kissing on the deck of the boat turn up I will criticize them too.)

Estelle's presence in the church and absence in Drottningholm is just one detail of the whole picture. Yes, all royal houses/couples need good publicity but none of the other European RFs released as many pics/videos of their little one or brought the child along to as many public engagements at a very early age.
It's all about degrees and nuances for me.

But I agree that there are a lot of people with double standards here and there is a tendency to be more forgiving towards those we like than towards those we don't like.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom