Warm Moments Between Royals - Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Letizia has had about 15 solo engagements this year, I think. She is doing them more and more. Still, it´s nice to see them together, they connect so well and are so lovely to watch.
At the ABC awards gala on Thursday:
ABC
Getty Images

Lovely photos. Do you have any of Letizia's solo appearances? What are the causes she adopted?

I have the exact same opinion you do so I prefer to just read and move on. The same gestures would be heavily criticised if Frederick & Mary were involved but Felipe and Letizia can do no wrong. I have found that there is a hostile response every time anyone dares discuss these two in a negative way.
I remember these lovely dovey looks and touches during the 2004 Olympics. I was there. They were not that heart warming. Believe me.

They remind me of any celeb couple on the cover of "People" or "Hola"..and that is what turns me off I suppose. Those types of couples are a dime a dozen, and I like Royal couples who behave LIKE ROYALTY, with glamour and class.

I started off disliking Fred and Mary but with time I have changed my mind...Mary(along with Mathilde of Belgium) has become the perfect Princess Consort in my opinion...she is regal and dignified yet natural and elegant and warm. Both are devoted to their husbands and children and seem conscious of their roles as future Queen.

Last edited:
exhibisionisim!!!, for God Sake, Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia have NEVER kissed (in the mouth) in a public event, they have never been shoted caring and touching and kissin either, but Princes of Orange and Prince Frederik and Mary did, Princess of Asturias just hold hands and that is what you call exhibisionisim, come on, this is just out of proporcion.

I think they are very in love, and they don't care about what people thinks and that is very nice.

About Princess solo acts, I don't know why people doesn't count her engaggement with prince Felipe, it means that she is nothing when prince felipe goes to a event with her, her presence is not important????

She has made more activities than any other Princess, with or without Felipe.
She is the most hard working Princess, just count the events that she has made this year and compare them with the other Princesses, then you would realise about that.

Couldn't agree with you more, I can just imagine the uproar if they had kissed or done a magazine spread like Fred & Mary did last year (or earlier this year, I don't remember exactly)!

.....and as a team they are the busiest and most hard working CP couple bar none imo.

For the life of me, I just can't understand the actual hatred of Felipe and Letizia. I have seen exactly the same types of photos of all the young CPs and only F & L are criticized with such violent emotion -- almost like they are personally known to the writer. That I could understand, if Letizia took the handsome prince away from the jealous want-to-be -- but heavens that certainly isn't the case! Of all the PCs, I too feel that Felipe and Letizia are the least exhibitionist in their actions. In fact, at times, a bit too laid back -- but that is the Spanish Royals' way. I have never seen them kiss on the mouth as the others do, but I don't find fault with that -- it is their way.

Poor Mary and Fred are also critized (1) that they just KNOW that Fred doesn't love Mary (2) now they are too together all the time. They just can't win either.

I have a feeling that both couples know what is said about them and do exactly what silly jealous people don't like, just to have something to laugh about together. Maybe that is what all the whispering they do in public is about as they smile!!! Wouldn't I just LOVE it if that were true.

Couldn't agree with you more, I can just imagine the uproar if they had kissed or done a magazine spread like Fred & Mary did last year (or earlier this year, I don't remember exactly)!

.....and as a team they are the busiest and most hard working CP couple bar none imo.
I certainly agree with you -- very well stated.

For the life of me, I just can't understand the actual hatred of Felipe and Letizia. I have seen exactly the same types of photos of all the young CPs and only F & L are criticized with such violent emotion -- almost like they are personally known to the writer. That I could understand, if Letizia took the handsome prince away from the jealous want-to-be -- but heavens that certainly isn't the case! Of all the PCs, I too feel that Felipe and Letizia are the least exhibitionist in their actions. In fact, at times, a bit too laid back -- but that is the Spanish Royals' way. I have never seen them kiss on the mouth as the others do, but I don't find fault with that -- it is their way.

Poor Mary and Fred are also critized (1) that they just KNOW that Fred doesn't love Mary (2) now they are too together all the time. They just can't win either.

I have a feeling that both couples know what is said about them and do exactly what silly jealous people don't like, just to have something to laugh about together. Maybe that is what all the whispering they do in public is about as they smile!!! Wouldn't I just LOVE it if that were true.

Where do you get the idea-at least from this thread-that F & L are "hated?" Is expressing criticism of someone the same as saying you "hate" them? I think they are physically beautiful and that they have angelic children, but I cannot picture these two as the future King and Queen of Spain. They seem to lack dignity. That is a personal opinion of mine,balanced by the MANY others who seem to adore them and feel otherwise.

The accusation that one is "jealous" of them is peculiar at best and absurd at worst. I don't know these people, I have never fancied Felipe even before his wedding. As for Letizia? There is nothing at all that she has that I'd want for my own...with the exception of her beautiful children.

What I don't get, for the life of ME is the apparent obsession with these two and the tendency of certain people to go berserk at the tiniest criticism of them.

Last edited:
Where do you get the idea-at least from this thread-that F & L are "hated?" Is expressing criticism of someone the same as saying you "hate" them? I think they are physically beautiful and that they have angelic children, but I cannot picture these two as the future King and Queen of Spain. They seem to lack dignity. That is a personal opinion of mine,balanced by the MANY others who seem to adore them and feel otherwise.

The accusation that one is "jealous" of them is peculiar at best and absurd at worst. I don't know these people, I have never fancied Felipe even before his wedding. As for Letizia? There is nothing at all that she has that I'd want for my own...with the exception of her beautiful children.

What I don't get, for the life of ME is the apparent obsession with these two and the tendency of certain people to go berserk at the tiniest criticism of them.

Well that is JUST your opinion, I have the same feeling with Fred and Mary, I don't see them as a future Kings, but, who cares, they will be.

So I move on.:cool:

Being on the outside looking in, what bothers me is the reaction of the "fans". As far as I know these people would not even throw a glass of water on us if our hair were on fire. We enjoy reading about them, look at photos and discuss what we think we know about them. Sometimes we like what we see or read and others we do not. I find it disturbing that we cannot criticise without having at least two jumping all over the place.
Wish them all good luck and long happy married lives but I cannot say I agree with the CPs choices. Too many cinderellas if you ask me.......

Being on the outside looking in, what bothers me is the reaction of the "fans". As far as I know these people would not even throw a glass of water on us if our hair were on fire. We enjoy reading about them, look at photos and discuss what we think we know about them. Sometimes we like what we see or read and others we do not. I find it disturbing that we cannot criticise without having at least two jumping all over the place.
Wish them all good luck and long happy married lives but I cannot say I agree with the CPs choices. Too many cinderellas if you ask me.......

After picking myself off the floor from laughing at your comment about none of them caring enough about us to throw water on us all I have left to add is AMEN.

The current crop of Crown Princesses..and Crown Princes too! are so boring and disappointing it doesn't surprise me at all that Point de Vue doesn't cover Royals that much anymore. People are so starved for glamour that they would apparently rather read about the awful French presidential couple and the even worse(in my opinion) starlets like Britney Spears, Angelina Jolie, Madonna, Gwyneth Paltrow....yuck!

Last edited:
LOL. It is true. Instead of the Cinderellas going into the Castle the Royals came to town. I can see how nobility marries nobility while the Royal families are choosing among the common folk.
Some may say the CPs followed their hearts, I say they ignored their duty. Thank Goodness my tax money do not support any of them, otherwise I'd get miffed......

The royals have no duty to marry nobility. They have a duty to marry someone that will stand by their side and work for the common good of the respective country. Whether you believe in creation or evolution - there were no special nobility class. All royals and nobility started at the same place that everyone else at one time. Being nobel or royal does not guarantee moral or intellectual leadership. I am happy the young generation marry for love and with partners that are just as hardworking - in same cases even more so - as the royal families.

They remind me of any celeb couple on the cover of "People" or "Hola"..and that is what turns me off I suppose. Those types of couples are a dime a dozen, and I like Royal couples who behave LIKE ROYALTY, with glamour and class.

I started off disliking Fred and Mary but with time I have changed my mind...Mary(along with Mathilde of Belgium) has become the perfect Princess Consort in my opinion...she is regal and dignified yet natural and elegant and warm. Both are devoted to their husbands and children and seem conscious of their roles as future Queen.

Does that mean that you also have a problem with Mathilde and Philippe holding hands? Just look at the photos of those two on royal duties and you'll see that they can't keep their hands off each other. How come nobody's complaining? Oh, that's right it's Mathilde :rolleyes:. How about Mary and Frederik's magazine spread with lovey-dovey photos that made them look like a Hollywood couple? Or Mary's magazine covers on her early days as a princess that made her look like a model than a princess? Is that still behaving like royalty to you? I think it's unfair that you only call out Felipe and Letizia when other royal couples are also guilty of.

May I ask members to please get back to the main issue here; which is, in case anyone forgot, Royal Couples Giving Loving Looks and Gestures. Enough of who is more lovey dovey, is it or isn't it appropriate to show their affection for each other in public, and other comnparison jibberish. If anyone deems it urgent to continue the latter conversation, start a new topic.

Thank you:)

GT
RCC Mod

Thank you LadyFinn for those lovely pictures of Felipe & Letizia today.

I know I am crossing the line of fire, but IMO a couple,(not only royal) who has the necessity of being over affectionate in public is trying to prove something. I am not talking about holding hands, or whilst being newly weds and you are still on cloud nine, but if being in a function and event and in front of the cameras always whispering and looking in your spouse's eyes whilst being in the limelight is a bit... well I definitly don't want to be shot so I won't continue, yet it seems to me, and I haven't read this whole thread as it is too long for me, that the crown princely couple of Spain over do it, and I think it is more from Letizia, than vice versa. I am happy to hear anyone differing or offering an opinion on this.:flowers:

I have read somewhere that the Spanish RF do not kiss(romantically, ie in the mouth in public as protocol forbids them to do so, this expalins the princesses not kissing their husbands (in public, not on vacation when the paparazzi stalk them) romantically, even on their wedding day!

I have read somewhere that the Spanish RF do not kiss(romantically, ie in the mouth in public as protocol forbids them to do so, this expalins the princesses not kissing their husbands (in public, not on vacation when the paparazzi stalk them) romantically, even on their wedding day!

What a shame. We all love to see the royals enjoying the same freedom that we do. A quick peck on the lips (as opposed to a full on pash) would surely not be looked upon as anything other than two people in love. :wub:
I think that F & L are truely in love and a kiss, passionate or otherwise, would fail to prove otherwise.:winkiss:

Felipe and Letizia on July 2004, close to a kiss:
Profimedia
This is also cute, during the Red Cross Fund Raising Campaign on October 2004
Getty Images
Letizia and Felipe on July 2005
IBL Bildbyrå

Last edited:
I know I am crossing the line of fire, but IMO a couple,(not only royal) who has the necessity of being over affectionate in public is trying to prove something. I am not talking about holding hands, or whilst being newly weds and you are still on cloud nine, but if being in a function and event and in front of the cameras always whispering and looking in your spouse's eyes whilst being in the limelight is a bit... well I definitly don't want to be shot so I won't continue, yet it seems to me, and I haven't read this whole thread as it is too long for me, that the crown princely couple of Spain over do it, and I think it is more from Letizia, than vice versa. I am happy to hear anyone differing or offering an opinion on this.:flowers:
I see nothing wrong is showing affection in public (as long as not risque'). As I said once before, my husband would even have his arm around me every Sunday in church or hold my hand -- that is just the emotion we had. I personally don't think that it is overdone in public as it always gives me a good warm feeling.

I see nothing wrong is showing affection in public (as long as not risque'). As I said once before, my husband would even have his arm around me every Sunday in church or hold my hand -- that is just the emotion we had. I personally don't think that it is overdone in public as it always gives me a good warm feeling.
Absolutely right, I also love holding my hubbie's hand when we go out for a walk. But I do raise an eyebrow when a couple, whilst in the camera's view preforming a public duty, listening to speeches etc. always suddenly has an urge to "make out" look in each others eyes, suddenly have a very important secret etc.

Absolutely right, I also love holding my hubbie's hand when we go out for a walk. But I do raise an eyebrow when a couple, whilst in the camera's view preforming a public duty, listening to speeches etc. always suddenly has an urge to "make out" look in each others eyes, suddenly have a very important secret etc.

They usually listened to the speeches rather intensely, rarely made any gestures during the speeches. In fact a few posters here or even tabloids (ex. Dinner for the Mexican President) were posting the pictures of Letizia intensely listening to the speeches to declare that she was too serious, sad or even depressed. In between the two speeches, they did often whisper into each other's ears (mostly Felipe initiated the talk) or looked at each other, perhaps that's the way they exchanged their opinions or let each other know their reactions. Those gestures are perfectly normal for a couple who are well connected intellectually. According to the journalists who followed them, they both had good obervations, after each event, they did critical analysis, usually nothing escaped them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom