Warm Moments Between Royals - Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can not really think of any in-law who is 'cold' in public. It is known that Grand Duchess Joséphine-Charlotte (mother-in-law) and Grand Duchess Charlotte (grandmother-in-law) were very unhappy with Prince Henri marrying miss María Teresa Mestre y Batista.

Their relationship has remained hostile at worst and cold at best for years.

Queen Elizabeth II seems distant as well, but she is distant to her own children and grandchildren as well. (Have we ever seen a bear hug by one of her children or grandchildren to her?)

Sonja and Mette-Marit, Beatrix and Maxima ... what about Paola and Mathilde?

That's such a great video. All of the grandkids seem to be strong-willed, and they all had something to say!

That video was so cute!:wub:

They're all growing up fast. We need some more royal Norwegian babies!!

I loved the part where Sverre was sat on Marius' knee and Marius was talking to him - a real big brother!:wub:

Great Video, I also loved seeing how loving Marius was with Sverre, what a great big brother. Queen Sonja seemed to try and include all her grandchildren. To me this just goes to show how loving they are and how they love all their grandchildren.

Queen Sofia looks like an excellent grandmother, really genuinely happy to be with her grandchildren, it's beautiful!
Patrick

The video of the norwegian royals are great. If you have time there is more from that video in the ending - Harald & Haakon & Marius playing football, Ingrid on her Bike with Sonja, In the gardens .. :flowers:

Harald & Marius - :wub:
Sonja, Ingrid & Leah -
Sonja & Maud Angelica -

From Se&Hør and VG

Those are great pictures. I especially like the first one, because you don't often see Harald and Marius together, which I thought was really sweet. The video is so great, I love Sonja with Ingrid on her bike, and little Magnus toddling around was just too cute. :wub: He reminds me a lot of his older brother.

So cute!:wub:
what does marius call the Kings? grandpa and grandma? or what?

Thank you one-and-all for all the lovely pictures, I really enjoyed them

pictures from Scanpix, & one is scanned from Se&Hør

I just love this picture of Haakon with his youngest:
Mågerø

Mette-Marit & Marius
In London, 2006
During Magnus christening
Sonja's 70th birthday 1
Sonja's 70th birthday 2

Mette-Marit & Ingrid
During her christening
In Iceland 2004

Haakon & Marius
Christmas 2000
Sonja's 70th birthday 1
Sonja's 70th birthday 2
Haakon & Ingrid - talk about daddy's little girl:wub:
Espen Høiby's wedding
Espen Høiby's wedding 2

Haakon & Mette-Marit & Ingrid
London 2005

pictures from Scanpix, & one is scanned from Se&Hør

I just love this picture of Haakon with his youngest:
Mågerø

Mette-Marit & Marius
In London, 2006
During Magnus christening
Sonja's 70th birthday 1
Sonja's 70th birthday 2

Mette-Marit & Ingrid
During her christening
In Iceland 2004

Haakon & Marius
Christmas 2000
Sonja's 70th birthday 1
Sonja's 70th birthday 2
Haakon & Ingrid - talk about daddy's little girl:wub:
Espen Høiby's wedding
Espen Høiby's wedding 2

Haakon & Mette-Marit & Ingrid
London 2005

Great pictures! Haakon and Mette-Marit are close with all three of their kids. I thought it was sweet, Marius holding Haakon and Mette-Marit's hands. Not many ten-year-olds would do that, they're too embarrassed. Heck, I wouldn't dare hold my parents' hands in public when I was ten! BTW, his hair is getting pretty long. I guess it's that new "punk, skater" look that's getting into style with the ten-year-old set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom