Warm Moments Between Royals - Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a personal favourite of mine: Beatrix-Amalia
It is like there is noone else in the world at that moment except grandma and her grand-daughter:wub:

Last edited:
All this pictures are absolutly fantastics. Maxima and Amalia, a dream!

Even if in this last times we were speaking alot of the birth od the Infanta Sofia of Spain and that, may be, we have seen too much pics, I can't resist to put this two ones, quite funny:

Supload.com // Free Image Hosting
Supload.com // Free Image Hosting

( thanks to deadline)

We can suppose that for Felipe and Letizia, it's only a begining of children's race if Leonor is going on so fast:wub: :crown6:

Larzen said:
Ok how do you know she is the "best" because she appears in public with her grandchildren the most, how about someone like Queen Paola who rarely is seen in public with her grandchildren, it does not mean she is worse grandmother or does not see her grandchildren often, it maybe just means there are other ways to show it, in private, and maybe it is even better for the children to have such relations in private when they are so smal and not have to be paraded infront of the press every month. I mean how often does the spanish kids not look absolutly somber and smile-less when they have to pose for the huge press to keep up the "what a perfect happy family we are". Of course they might be, but just because Sofia really like to play the super abuela show in public does not make her any better than those who might preffer to keep it in private, JMO.

Hey Larzen!:ohmy: I have not said that the Queen Paola should be a worse grandmother or not , simply I said my opinion about Queen Sofia!

Yes...And I do not thing that any Royal Lady is realy a bad Granny. They have their "styles" and that's all. Adding to this, I don't thing that Queen Sofia is playing the "Super Abuela". She is this way and she naturally does what she likes to do. She is an old -fashioned Queen (in the good sense of the term...and I really like she is this way. :D ), and she knows she is in some way "the mother of her people", so her life is in public display almost entirely. She knows that being a royal has a very nice side, but that not all in hers "Queen's Career" is so agreeable. However, she takes it with a smile and just give her people what he wants. I think she does a good thing making her grandchildren acquainted with the medias, for they could lost their afraid to them, and wouldn't think they are their enemies. Spanish Royals lives (at least generally) as if they haven't nothing to hide, naturally...and they just knows that cameras, papparazzies, TV and magazine reporters will be following them by near. This is the price to be a Royal...If they wants to be anonimous, well...they may always choice to become a commoner. But of course this has its inconvenients...and they are much, much harder that the ones you must endure if you are a Royal! :rolleyes:

Vanesa.

crisiñaki said:

I think they were eating Juan's hand! :ROFLMAO:

The new pics you posted are great too..but I have another doubt concerning the last pic. What is the Queen doing with her fan (abanico, in Spanish)? Is she bitting it? Chewing it? Weird..very weird!:D

Vanesa.

This is indeed a beautiful picture! Amalia and her grandmother have a special bond! :wub:

crm2317 said:
This is a personal favourite of mine: Beatrix-Amalia
It is like there is noone else in the world at that moment except grandma and her grand-daughter:wub:

Larzen, I agree with what you're saying about the fact that just because some royal grandmas are more affectionate in public as others, it doesn't make them any better. ;)

However, I don't think Queen Sofia puts on the act in public when it comes to her grandchildren. (Of course I don't know this for sure.) :angel:
She has always been good with children-she studied pediatrics and became a nursery nurse. People say she is the best grandmother because they see her alot, out in public with her grandchildren. It's nice that she takes them out and that she openly shows her love for them.

In the summer we see them all the time, because everytime they step outside, the cameras are there. If they kept the children away from the public, people would complain that we never saw them. (As was the case with Leonor).

Anyway, I think that it is obvious that Queen Sofia is a good grandmother. To me personally she is the 'best' simply because I see her with her grandchildren more than others (as I follow the SRF more than any other family). But obviously for other people who take an interest in other families, their opinion would be different.

Vanesa said:
What is the Queen doing with her fan (abanico, in Spanish)? Is she bitting it? Chewing it? Weird..very weird!:D

Vanesa.

I think she has an ice cream in her hand along with the fan.

I think all royal grandparents are the best in their own way. I just have to go with Queen Sofia because aside from I follow the SRF I admire the fact that she takes time out of her busy schedule to take her grandchildren out and even attend their birthdays. I see her the happiest when she's surrounded by her grandchildren. If King Juan Carlos takes time out of his busy schedule to go hunting then he should also have time to take his grandchildren out or even attend their birthdays.

Hmmm...Yes. I think Queen Sofia has something else in her hand besides the fan, but I can't see what it really is. In all cases is a very hilarious pic.:D

Vanesa.

Tender moments between royal siblings

:flowers: This is a forum dedicated to pictures of tender moments between royal siblings, young and old!

Ingrid/Marius.Sverre
Urdangarin- in the corner of the pic you can see Juan kissing Irene's leg
Juan holding Irene's hand
Amalia kissing baby Alexia
Christian staring lovingly at his little sister
Guillaume playing with Sebastien
Eliizabeth checks on little brother Emmanuel
Elizabeth playing with Gabriel

Beatrix with Pieter van Vollenhoven (i know they aren't brother and sister but in-law)
Frederik and Joachim
Madeleine and Carl-Phillipe

I really love seeing photo's of siblings together I'm sure there are many more photo's for this thread and I just can't find them!

crisiñaki said:

Those boys are going to spoil her! They're great older brothers to Irene, you can tell that they love her so much. It's probably because she's the only girl among a bunch of boys (which isn't easy!) and she is a cute little girl as well!

marezdote said:
I love this pic of Amalia giving Alexia a kiss http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=218929&d=1133988961

Source:ANP orginally posted by TheWatcher

Thanks marezdote that is indeed a beautiful picture:flowers:

Margrethe with her sisters
Nikolai meets little brother Felix Originally posted by elenaris

I know there are no siblings but I thought Phillipe crying at his brother Laurents wedding: Phillipe (posted by Josephine)
Maria-Laura, princess of belgium cuddles her baby sister Laetitia-Maria: ANP
Joachim, prince of belgium kisses baby Laetitia Maria: ANP

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom