Unfortunate Royal Moments / Experiences

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why we all pray not to fall down on our graduation and wedding days;)

Hi everybody!
Queen Sofía is always elegant, even when she trips and falls. Look at her hand, the one on the floor! *It's full of grace!* Sorry, I meant: it's so graceful!
Cheers!
Martin

Hilarious pictures! I've had my fair share of embarrasing moments, luckily none of them are immortalized by photos! Poor royals!

http://delivery.gettyimages.com/xc/1591427.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193489B4E0273D681F4EC1D0D712A0ACCCB
I totally sympathise with people falling and embarrassing themselves, since I do it all the time, but I agree it must be so much worse having it in photos. But here is another one, I'm contributing to this, Queen Sofia falling at the Whitehouse steps. I think the hand-out thing is just her good reflexes to stop her self hitting the ground face first. she's lucky she can manage that much!

Aussie Princess said:
http://delivery.gettyimages.com/xc/1591427.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193489B4E0273D681F4EC1D0D712A0ACCCB
I totally sympathise with people falling and embarrassing themselves, since I do it all the time, but I agree it must be so much worse having it in photos. But here is another one, I'm contributing to this, Queen Sofia falling at the Whitehouse steps. I think the hand-out thing is just her good reflexes to stop her self hitting the ground face first. she's lucky she can manage that much!

I know she is probably concerned but Hilary Clinton looks self righteous and uncaring just standing there and watching her fall over while the her husband and the King rush to her aid-not a good look...the camera definitly captured her at the wrong moment:eek:

maybe she didnt want to make a big fuss over it to cause less embarassment to the Queen maybe, but the way you see it is the same way i saw it when i first saw it but then i thought that maybe she didnt do anything on purpose..

lil princess lost, you're from Perth too! :)

Australian said:
maybe she didnt want to make a big fuss over it to cause less embarassment to the Queen maybe, but the way you see it is the same way i saw it when i first saw it but then i thought that maybe she didnt do anything on purpose..
Hilary would have caused the Queen more embarrassment if she had gone and helped her too. After all, King Juan Carlos and husband Bill were right there, so the two men were more than enough. Whether she knew it or not :D , she did the right thing. ;)
Martin

King Kong said:
Hilary would have caused the Queen more embarrassment if she had gone and helped her too. After all, King Juan Carlos and husband Bill were right there, so the two men were more than enough. Whether she knew it or not :D , she did the right thing. ;)
Martin

Yes that is exactly what I meant. The First Lady probably didnt help the Queen so that the Queen would not feel more embarrassment than necessary, and she probably didn't help to not make it out to look like a big thing.
And you're right, the two men were more than enough help.

This is Princess Lillian falling down, i hope she didn´t hurt herself. It´s not good to fall when you´re that old. This was a couple of years ago.

rop81 said:
This is Princess Lillian falling down, i hope she didn´t hurt herself. It´s not good to fall when you´re that old. This was a couple of years ago.

[URL="http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9862&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1092718372"]http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9862&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1092718372[/URL]

Ouch, that fall should have hurt a lot, anything happened to her? Broken bones? bruises? Hope not she's such a nice lady, kind of a grandmother for the Bernadotte trio;)

Until I saw these pictures, I thought I was the only clumsy person on earth - I fall over everything especially my own feet :(

I hope none of the royals were seriously hurt when they fell over, although the embarrasment is much worse - I'm sure all of the videos were shown on TV at the time.

Falling down are such funny words if you think about it. But falling royals, not so funny especially if they are older. I have very weak ankles and am always "almost" falling...it's quite embarrassing, b/c ppl just look at me like I have four heads or something! I'm graduating in two days and pray to God that I do not fall, especially since I will be wearing high heels AND going onstage! *gasp* It would be so embarrasing. When I look at pictures of royal ladies going down stairs in their high-high heels, AND NOT looking down at the steps...I just can't imagine!!! If I were a lady always in the press, I would almost always be falling...:)

RoyalKnottie said:
Poor Queen Sofia. Its one thing to trip in public but at a big state function! If I were here I would talk to the tailor about hemming the dress an extra inch!

I think there are dozens of occasions she has tumbled down in one place or another. She must be almost as clumsy as I am :D I do love her dearly for that too, among other things.

Oh dear, poor Sofia! :( I wonder what she felt then... but I think it's just human. ;) Can happen to everyone. :)

What about Camilla's chair that wasn't there in Egypt? (I haven't figured out how to post photos).

This thread is great!

iannis said:
Um, is the guy in the light colour suit Felipe? Is it me or he is less bothered to help than all the rest? Maybe he's just used to it. "OK, you did it again! let's move on"

Yes it is Felipe but the guy next to him looks even less worried!:)

iannis said:
Oh, poor poor poor Camilla! I can see the surprise and embarassment in her eyes (behind the sunglasses:cool:)

Yes, but she is always smiling and takes it with humour...

i felt really sorry for queen margrethe and sofia and princess lillian falling. for lillian and margrethe because it looked like a bad fall for both of them, specially for princess lillian being so old. for queen sofia i mostly fell bad because of the fact of so many people trying to help her, probably if they didn't run so desperately the moment wouldn't have been that important since she looks like she was controlling the situation (but mostly when falling in front of the clintons - hillary could have helped a bit rather than staring at her, like the king and the president did).

wow ! I just had a look on the crashing picture of Margrethe! :eek: Looks very "brutal" and hurting. :(
does anyone know what happened?
did she collaps or did she just fall down the stair??
poor her..

I am more than sure that I have seen Queen Sofia falling again, in Greece. It must have been in an official visit, cause I think I remember her falling while entering the Residence of the President of the Republic (which is the former King's Athens mansion). I'm afraid there are no pictures unfortunately (or fortunately for Sofia:p)

Princess_Beatrix said:
wow ! I just had a look on the crashing picture of Margrethe! :eek: Looks very "brutal" and hurting. :(
does anyone know what happened?
did she collaps or did she just fall down the stair??
poor her..

Well in the 80´s Queen Margrethe likede to wear hige heal shoes but sadly enough her knees and her back was not strong enough and that´s the reason for she migth have a operation this summer.
She has alot of pain in her back and knees and i think that the reason is thoes stupid hige heals shoes she had...
I don´t think she really needs to wear them becaus she is a very tall person in herself,so Margrethe burn your hige heals pleas :eek:
It was not the firste time she took a fall like that

Is there anything in the protocole about royals falling? I mean, are you allowed to help them stand up? Cause this includes lots of touching them and it looks kind of embarassing for them

Princess Alexandra of Danemark did mistake by wearing her Sash in wrong side in Bulgarian state banquette event :)confused: not sure about the event).

I think the picture is posted on a thread about Mette-Marit, there's a picture of Haakon and Mette-Marit leaving a restaraunt and she slips on some ice and falls on the steps. That had to hurt and in front of press cameras no less! At least when i've fallen I know it's not going to be on the front page!:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom