True Love Marriages

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought this thread was about young couples that are i n l o v e with each other and not old couples that love and care for each other.You see the word "love" in English is not that precise.In Greek there are 2 different words that describe these 2 different feelings.But nevermind,let's talk about whoever we want.

What do you think about Prince William and Kate? Do you think they have "true love"?

Somehow I don't think that they are in love with each other like CP Mary and CP Frederik, and CP Maxima and CP WA are with each other, IMO. I don't know if they are together because the are in love or they are comfortable with each other because they have been together for so long.

Hmm... good point. Maybe they are just very restrained when it comes to showing their affections for each other in public? But from seeing pictures of them together their body language seems to indicate that they love each other.

:crown3:True love royal couples IMO:
Rainer and Grace of Monaco
Mathilde and Phillipe of Belgium
Rania and Abdullah of Jordan:rose2:

Psycologists have hemmed and hawed about the definition of love. The most accepted version is that true love is "giving of yourself without giving up yourself", now, with that in mind, to whom of the royal couples can it apply? Maxima, Mathilde and Mette Marit, have not given up an ounce of personality even being married to crown princes. The others I will not say, because I really don't know what goes on behind closed doors, but Mary seemed to change immensly, Letizia gave up a hell of a career, I wonder how she feels about that? Princess Grace als felt a gr8 loss by giving up her career, and bemoaned her loss of independence.

I think it's very hard to judge who is in love and who isn't .Even within a marrige there are different kinds of love and individuals show love differently some are more restrained but it dosen't mean it dosen't exist.
I always think of Prince Rainer walking behind Gace's coffin and I have no doubt he was very in love with her.

I think it's very hard to judge who is in love and who isn't .Even within a marrige there are different kinds of love and individuals show love differently some are more restrained but it dosen't mean it dosen't exist.
I always think of Prince Rainer walking behind Gace's coffin and I have no doubt he was very in love with her.
Yes, over the years they developed a very close relationship, but most biographers of the Grimaldis maintained that it wasn't a love match, yet developed into something very special.

Filip & Mathilde
Charles & Camilla
Maxima & Willem-Alexander
Laurent & Claire
Joachim & Marie
Boudewijn & Fabiola

I think Prince Charles and Camilla, Maxima and WA, and Haakon and MM truely love each other. They fought for the right to marry who they loved even though they had 'objectionable' pasts/family.

Not only is a couple marrying each other but also accepting a huge burden representing their respective royal families. You had better love that royal prince because you are giving up freedom and submitting yourself and your children to life-long public scrutiny. You may have to put up with royal in-laws who (as any in-laws can be) a real pain in the neck. Forget holidays with your own family - your "family" is now the royal family. You will be criticized for any sick days taken when you should be visiting a hospital or children's home. When you travel abroad officially, you don't get to sightsee what you want to see, but what your hosts want you to see. Too tired after a long day meeting dignataries? The just hustle yourself into a long gown and tiara and meet even more people. No excuses.
And I won't even get into the fashion aspect of becoming a princess -

Personally, when I see this picture, I cannot doubt that CP Mary loves very much her husband.

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb44/HerMajesty_album/Loving%20gestures/sp771ffb.jpg

I live in Greece.If i fell in love with a Danish citizen for example Frederik ...something, i would say : I love you but if you want to start a family with me, you have to immigrate here in Greece.If i fell in love with the Danish citizen CP Frederik,i would say: I love you and will follow you to the North Pole. The true love can develop according to the circumstances...

Yes, over the years they developed a very close relationship, but most biographers of the Grimaldis maintained that it wasn't a love match, yet developed into something very special.
Oh I agee with that everything I have read about them indicates a real struggle especially for Grace a struggle learning French which from what I understand she never actually mastered,a struggle to develop close friendships,that she felt stiffled creatively and that the marriage itself was far from ideal and that she often stayed in Paris.I do get the impression their affection for one another grew over the years and it seems he depended on her .

I definitely agree with those who said that certain people/couples express their love in different ways. It's hard for me to believe that Mary would leave her family, career, and life in Australia to live in Denmark, in the public eye, if she wasn't in love with Frederik. They may not be as "lovey dovey" as they were when they were first seen as a couple, but I know a lot of couples who aren't quite as publicly affectionate as they were when they first started dating. Besides, we have no idea what goes on behind closed doors.

Not only is a couple marrying each other but also accepting a huge burden representing their respective royal families. You had better love that royal prince because you are giving up freedom and submitting yourself and your children to life-long public scrutiny. You may have to put up with royal in-laws who (as any in-laws can be) a real pain in the neck. Forget holidays with your own family - your "family" is now the royal family. You will be criticized for any sick days taken when you should be visiting a hospital or children's home. When you travel abroad officially, you don't get to sightsee what you want to see, but what your hosts want you to see. Too tired after a long day meeting dignataries? The just hustle yourself into a long gown and tiara and meet even more people. No excuses.
And I won't even get into the fashion aspect of becoming a princess -

Well, while some Royal families have a strict protocol and all their life is for the firm, there are also many with a lot of freedom.
The Scandinavian RFs and the dutch RF...holiday a lot and this is met with no or only mild criticism.
Official visits abroad may get them tired, but this is nothing they do every second week.

Further it´s a "type thing". Some are perfectly happy with a life on a farm in the middle of nowhere, some dream of white fences and Laura Ashley wallpapers in suburbia and some want themselves being mentioned in history books and weekly mags.
If becoming rich&famous&adored would be so undesirable none would participate in shows like pop idol...

"True love" is very big in my personal vocabulary.
Also in my personal surroundings I wouldn´t describe many relationships with those words.
If the question would have been "love" only, I´d have answered it for nearly all Royal couples with "yes"
But if the question would have been "Who would have also married him/her, if she/he would have been a poor person?" then my list would have been quite short ;)

I definitely agree with those who said that certain people/couples express their love in different ways. It's hard for me to believe that Mary would leave her family, career, and life in Australia to live in Denmark, in the public eye, if she wasn't in love with Frederik. They may not be as "lovey dovey" as they were when they were first seen as a couple, but I know a lot of couples who aren't quite as publicly affectionate as they were when they first started dating. Besides, we have no idea what goes on behind closed doors.

IMO Mary isn't in love with Frederik,
when ever i see pictures of them attending places I have never ever seen her look at him, or being in some kind of eye contact together, speeking, laughing.... etc...
even now when he is on crutches she does'nt see to pay any atention to him or maybe assist , she is just so bussy with her pose infront of the press, and the only thing that bothers her is how she looks and dresses
Of corse when the had those "orderd and un natural" pictures of them together she looked at him smiling and and trying to act "deeply in love".... and that is a play. I DON'T BUY IT

when ever i see pictures of them attending places I have never ever seen her look at him, or being in some kind of eye contact together, speeking, laughing.... etc...
even now when he is on crutches she does'nt see to pay any atention to him or maybe assist , she is just so bussy with her pose infront of the press, and the only thing that bothers her is how she looks and dresses
Of corse when the had those "orderd and un natural" pictures of them together she looked at him smiling and and trying to act "deeply in love".... and that is a play. I DON'T BUY IT

I respect your opinion, but I obviously disagree. She certainly seems to be paying attention to her husband here:

http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelig...e/2009/Frederik doktor/Frederik doktor 4.ashx

http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelig...e/2009/Frederik doktor/Frederik doktor 5.ashx

http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelig...e/2009/Frederik doktor/Frederik doktor 9.ashx

http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelig.../2009/Frederik doktor/Frederik doktor 10.ashx

All from Billed Bladet.

I completly disagree with you.
There are the most truely in love couple going. It isn't un-natural it isn't a aplay performed for the likes of the press. I'm sure Frederik is a completly independent and possibel didn't want Mary to help him. From not only the pictures but from interviews, conversations, the princes personal biography. The couple are most definitely in love. There is nothing to buy because it is not an act.
x

we don't really know what goes on behind closed doors...
anyways, i often wondered myself about william and kate...i mean, it seems to me that maybe kate was the one who listens to him especially being alone in scotland and coping with his mother's death...i think william has not really made up his mind yet.

as for the other couples, i know that prince ranier and grace were set-up, and not really love at first sight for grace.

i think mary just don't want to fuss over frederick and he perhaps prefers to do things on his own and not to be constantly reminded of his crutches/surgery

Queen Beatrix and Prince Claus certainly without a doubt true love she has not remarried and will not.
King Hussein and Queen Noor I know there were rumors about the king cheating but those were so into each other looking at photos.
Princess Christina of Spain and her husband Jamie are so much in love you can see it in every picture.
Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria-Theresa so delighted to be around each other and they just look great together.

Princess Christina of Spain and her husband Jamie are so much in love you can see it in every picture.

I think you're referring to Infanta Cristina and Inaki. Jaime is/was the husband of Infanta Elena though they are separated now.;)

The question of true love is a very hard subject especially when it comes to public figures. We don't really know how they feel about each other just by looking at pictures although pictures sometimes don't lie. We have seen a lot of pictures from Diana and Charles to Elena and Jaime. I think time will tell...;) I also believe that Joachim and ALexandra were in love however this is not the case now. They have their own lives and obviously happy being just friends. You really never know when someone fall out of love.:ermm:

I must say - that is one very firm oppinion! Especially taken into concideration that you have formed this oppinion upon only watching published photoes of a couple you have never even met.

On the other hand - I have never met Vladimir Putin or George W. Bush. But I have seen the pair of them together on the telly and on photoes. IMO they are deeply in love with each other. Their faces are giving them away when they are looking at one another and shaking hands.........:whistling::whistling:. Actually I think they ought to get married......:whistling::whistling: .....Besides, I would love to see either Putin or Bush wearing a wedding gown :popcorn::popcorn:.

On the other hand - I have never met Vladimir Putin or George W. Bush. But I have seen the pair of them together on the telly and on photoes. IMO they are deeply in love with each other. Their faces are giving them away when they are looking at one another and shaking hands.........:whistling::whistling:. Actually I think they ought to get married......:whistling::whistling: .....Besides, I would love to see either Putin or Bush wearing a wedding gown :popcorn::popcorn:.

:lol::ROFLMAO::D

I think you're referring to Infanta Cristina and Inaki. Jaime is/was the husband of Infanta Elena though they are separated now.;)

The question of true love is a very hard subject especially when it comes to public figures. We don't really know how they feel about each other just by looking at pictures although pictures sometimes don't lie. We have seen a lot of pictures from Diana and Charles to Elena and Jaime. I think time will tell...;) I also believe that Joachim and ALexandra were in love however this is not the case now. They have their own lives and obviously happy being just friends. You really never know when someone fall out of love.:ermm:
I was referring to Princess Cristina and her husband Inaki even though I had him confused with his ex brother -in-law Jamie.
I am hoping they stay together because they look like their geniunely in love and make a great couple by the way.
No offense to the other named couples in your post but I had no interest in
those couples thought it is sad to see their relationships and marriages did not last.

Fred and Mary --because of their extremely long courtship, long distance. It is obvious they both love each other.

Haakon and Mette Marit. Not my fav coupling, but I do think they love each other.

Charles and Camilla.

Edward loved Wallis, but I wouldn't say she was as passionate about the Duke, simply due to how she spoke about him and to him.

Queen Beatrix and Prince Claus certainly without a doubt true love she has not remarried and will not.

I agree with you 100%. When HE says after 33 years: "I owe so much to my wife. You cannot - Ladies and Gentleman - imagine who I feel. It's fabulous. Thank you, Beatrix!"
And SHE says one year later: "I am extremely fortunate to have someone in my life who supports, complements and corrects me. This is so great."
Then they must be really in love :in_love:

Mary does come off as someone strong and sure of herself, but a weepy boy like Frederik needs a strong woman who picks up the slack. While she could do with a little less narcissism, she has never disappointed in her job as crownprincess. Whether or not there is a great true love between them, I don't know, but it seems their arrangement works well for them.
I find that it is usually the lovey-dovey acting couples that don't last.

a weepy boy like Frederik

Who is a "Frømand" the Danish equvivalent to a Navy Seal:whistling:.....who has gone with the Sirius Patrole acrosse the ice cap of Greenland:whistling:

The Sirius Patrole is the hardest borderpatrole on earth....so oh yes, Frederik is weepy indeed.........:whistling:

So if indeed Mary comes off as someone strong their marriage most likely, IMO, is the result of him needing someone as strong as himselfe as a partner for life.

Considering he is the heir to the throne, I am sure he did not lack comfort on his expeditions nor was exposed to any "serious" threats or difficulties. And he does tend to be weepy.

But I stand to my response to the poster who did not buy into the fact that there is true love here, that I think whatever it may be between Mary and Frederik, it seems to be working well for them.

Who is a "Frømand" the Danish equvivalent to a Navy Seal:whistling:.....who has gone with the Sirius Patrole acrosse the ice cap of Greenland:whistling:

The Sirius Patrole is the hardest borderpatrole on earth....so oh yes, Frederik is weepy indeed.........:whistling:

So if indeed Mary comes off as someone strong their marriage most likely, IMO, is the result of him needing someone as strong as himself as a partner for life.

I have to agree with you, and a wonderful "points" made.
Prince Frederik is the most unweepyest man, I could think of, after all he's done and been through over the years. I imagine him to be the stronger one in the relationship.
I agree with what you say, Mary is an incredible strong person, you can hear it in her voice, the way she walks and dresses. But she certainly didn't seem that way when we got the first pictures of her back on 2003 was it?. A man like Frederik needs as you say Lilla someone strong to be with, someone who he can also rely on he is after all the future king on the oldest monarchy in Europe.

And you can't just be there for somebody if you don't have strong feelings for them, if you don't truely love them. Which is what is between Mary and Frederik, or what I believe is there.
x

Back
Top Bottom