The Royals, Olympic Champions?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crisiñaki

Heir Apparent
City
London
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Do you know which royals have participated at the Olympic Games (Summer and Winter)?, because I have found the following:
Juan Carlos, Sofía, Cristina, Iñaki and Felipe of Spain
Konstantinos of Greece (Olympic Gold Medal sailing 1960)
I heard a rumor about Anne the Princess Royal, but I'm not very sure
does anybody know about the dutch, danish or the other royal families?, because everybody seems to be very sporty...

if this has been asked in another thread:eek: I ask the moderator to move it there and please notify me about the change. Thanks

crisiñaki said:
I heard a rumor about Anne the Princess Royal, but I'm not very sure

Princess Anne participated as a member of the British Equestrian Team at the Montreal Olympics in 1976.

King Olav, then Crown Prince Olav, participated in sailing the Summer Olympics in Amsterdam and won a gold medal in the 1920s.

Prince Albert have participated in several winter olympics, in bob-sled. Hasn't he?

Zara Phillips is hoping to make it to the Olympics.

norwegianne said:
Prince Albert have participated in several winter olympics, in bob-sled. Hasn't he?

Yes, PA was on the Monaco Bobled team in 1988, 1992, 1994, 1998 and 2002.

pollyemma said:
Zara Phillips is hoping to make it to the Olympics.

So is Nathalie zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg. She was an alternate for the last Danish Olympic Equestrian (Dressage) team.

Didn't Princess Martha Louise of Norway compete in the horse trials at the Sydney Olympics?

Pink Tulip said:
Didn't Princess Martha Louise of Norway compete in the horse trials at the Sydney Olympics?

I don't know about the Olympic Trials but I do know ML jumped horses internationally.

Princess Haya of Jordan was on Jordan's Equestrian team in Sydney.

Did Haya win a mede?
How did bendicte´s Nathalie do in Beijing last year?

Did Haya win a mede?
How did bendicte´s Nathalie do in Beijing last year?

Nathalie won Bronze for Team Dressage.

Haya participated in the 2000 Summer Olympics for show jumping and didn't win a medal. She was also the flag bearer for Jordan.

Princess Anne competed in Montreal in 1976 on Goodwill.

King Harald competed in the 1964 Olympics in 1964 and was the flagbearer for Norway.

Prince Haakon lit the Olympic flame at the 1994 Winter Games.

Prince Felipe of Spain competed in the 1992 Barcelona Olympics as part of the sailing team he again was the Spanish teams
standard bearer.

Queen Sofia competed in 1960 in the same event as her son. King Constantine competed in the same Olympics and won a gold medal for the Dragon Class race.

Did Pauline Ducruet compete at the Olympics? She's probably too young but I remember seeing a picture of her carrying the Monaco flag at what looked like an opening ceremony type scene. :huh:

:monacoflag:

Prince Michael of Kent was official reserve for the 1972 Winter Olympic Games for the bobsleigh team. Not sure if this counts!

Charlene of Monaco, She represented South Africa at the 2000 Sydney Olympics, with her team finishing fifth in the Women's 4x100 m Medley. She retired from competitive swimming in 2007.

King Constantine of Greece is a gold medalist in sailing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom