Secret Royal Meetings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
Thanks to Idriel for finding this...

Heads of Royal Households huddle secretly

The head of Norway's Royal Household has been joining his counterparts at other European Royal courts for secret meetings for more than 20 years.
A recent annual huddle in Denmark was revealed only by accident.

The group represents the eight European monarchies: Great Britain, Spain, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Denmark, Norway and Sweden.
Together, the heads of the Royal households form a high-level network that shares experiences and discusses upcoming issues and challenges for the Royal families in each respective country.

http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article1126751.ece

These meetings have been rumoured for many years; this is the first time I have seen formal confirmation of their existence.

Warren said:

The head of Norway's Royal Household has been joining his counterparts at other European Royal courts for secret meetings for more than 20 years.

The group represents the eight European monarchies: Great Britain, Spain, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Denmark, Norway and Sweden.
Together, the heads of the Royal households form a high-level network that shares experiences and discusses upcoming issues and challenges for the Royal families in each respective country.

These meetings have been rumoured for many years; this is the first time I have seen formal confirmation of their existence.

I think VG had a confirmation of those meetings when they were in Norway after the wedding of Haakon and Mette-Marit, at least they got a confirmation and an interview with the one in charge with the arrangement at the Palace. I can't find the link just now, but it's been confirmed before this year. It's just not something they announce, as it has nothing directly to do with the royals - rather the more tedious details around them. Such as which computer systems work the best for the kind of work done at Royal Palaces, etc. And what is the best way to handle royal weddings...

I had already heard about these meetings. Do they still exist? this is interesting.
Why don't they invite princely houses (Monaco, Liechtenstein)?

But they aren't royal meetings. They are meetings of senior household staff...

I had already heard about these meetings. Do they still exist? this is interesting.
Why don't they invite princely houses (Monaco, Liechtenstein)?

Probably because those families have a very different role in their respective countries basically running the country versus being a 'unifying head of state'. So, that would most likely mean that the issues their staff deal with are rather different than those of the senior staff of the other European monarchies.

The Chamberlains of the Royal Courts were all guests at one of the most recent Prinsjesdag ceremonies in the Netherlands.

The Chamberlains of the Royal Courts were all guests at one of the most recent Prinsjesdag ceremonies in the Netherlands.

Thank you for this information. I would like to know more about these meetings.

thankyou for the response

thankyou for information

I wonder who represented Belgium since the Belgian court doesn't seem to have the equivalent to a Chamberlain (i.e. a head of the royal household staff).

Back
Top Bottom