Royalty & Sport

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HMQueenElizabethII

Heir Apparent
City
Ryde
Country
Australia
Royals also have interested in Sports and they are also good at some sports.Queen Elizabeth II had won at horse race a lot of time,King Harald is good at sailing,William at Polo and also swimming(and now he plays surfing),...So this thread post about Royals good at which Sports.

A lot of people know that Australian Crown Princess Mary of Denmark is very fond of sports, i think she was captain of the netball team at highschool.

King Juan Carlos, Prince Felipe and Infanta Cristina are fond of sailing, they regularly take part in trphies, etc. Infanta Elena likes horse racing (she is the only one in the family, I think), and Inaki is fond of handball (obviously ;)).

King Carl XVI Gustaf - car racing, boating, yachting, skiing (he has skied Vasaloppet three times - the longest cross country ski race in the world which is 90 kilometres long)
Queen Silvia - skiing
Crown Princess Victoria - golf
Prince Carl Philip - car racing (has a license to compete), skiing (has competed in Vasaloppet once), football, swimming
Princess Madeleine - horseback riding (used to compete in showjumping), skiing

King Harald, Queen Sonja and the rest of the Norwegian Royal Family likes skiing (which Norwegian doesn't :D) and I think also hiking.

Prince Charles good at Polo,i always see him at Polo and sometimes Skiing.

Queen Elizabeth II: riding and swimming (she won a competition at 13).
Duke of Edinburgh: cricket, hockey, polo, skiing, water skiing, sailing (in the past); carriage driving (since early 1970s to present); shooting - it's considered a sport - until present.

bravo to the king of sweden and carl philip for doing the wasa (there is a bit of royal connection to that race)

Haakon - telemark skiing, surfing and more things i dont remember

GrandDuchess said:
King Harald, Queen Sonja and the rest of the Norwegian Royal Family likes skiing (which Norwegian doesn't :D)
*raises a hand* Don't care much for skiing.

Crown Princess Mette-Marit was into Volleyball when she was younger, as a player, a coach and an umpire. (source: kongehuset.no)

Crown Prince Haakon played football as a kid.

Queen Beatrix: Skiing, horseback riding, sailing and tennis.
Prince of Orange: Skiing, sailing, jogging, ice-skating, golf, skuba-diving, horseback riding and tennis.
Princess Maxima: Skiing, jogging, swimming, sailing.
Prince Constantijn:Soccer, golf, skiing, tennis.
Princess Laurentien: Tennis, skiing, fitness, sailing.
Princess Margriet: Skiing, ice-skating, horseback riding, walking
Prof. Mr. Pieter van Vollenhoven: skuba-diving, golf, skiing
Prince Maurits: Wind-surfing, swimming, jogging, sailing, skuba-diving, skiing
Princess Marilene: Tennis, ice-skating, jogging
Prince Benhard:Sailing, swimming, skiing, skuba-diving, wind-surfing.
Princess Annette: Tennis, hockey, skiing.
Prince Pieter-Christiaan: Skuba-diving, jogging, skiing, hockey.
Princess Anita: Tennis, skiing.
Prince Floris: Skiing, tennis, golf.

Dutch Royals
ANP

Horse back riding

ANP

skiing

Beeldbank

Beatrix teaching constantijn how to ski ^^

Last edited:
All Royals love to ski
Greek and Spanish Royals are very fond of sailing: King Constantine, Queen Sofia, King Juan Carlos, Infanta Cristina and Prince Felipe all went to the Olympic Games in sailing and KC won the olympic gold in 1960, Iñaki Urdangarín (Infanta Cristina's husband) was the captain of the Spanish handball team who got bronze medals in 1996 and 2000.

I can't believe that she is 71! She is in such good shape, and she looks absolutely fantastic. I am not even half her age, and she makes me feel quite lazy! The people of Norway must be very proud of her.

Charlotte Casiraghi Show Jumping

*Pic* *

Frederik and Mary horse riding during their summer holiday 2009
Picture

Pauline Ducruet (daughter of Princess Stephanie of Monaco) : diving
Princess Nathalie (niece of Queen Margrethe) : horse riding

Marie-Chantal of Greece loves to ski. So does Princess Marie of Denmark. I've also read that Crown Princess Mary of Denmark loves to play golf. She has a membership at a few golf clubs, and is reportedly an avid golfer (or at least she once was).

Marie-Chantal of Greece loves to ski. So does Princess Marie of Denmark. I've also read that Crown Princess Mary of Denmark loves to play golf. She has a membership at a few golf clubs, and is reportedly an avid golfer (or at least she once was).

I did not know Mary played golf nor have I seen her playing it.

Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid and his sons Sheikh Hamdan, Sheikh Rashid, Sheikh Mayed, Sheikh Mansour and Sheikh Ahmed are all horse endurance racers and some are champions.

Sure that CP Mary loves playing golf? I thougt that she loves riding and I have never seen pics of her playing golf or read anything about it.

I know that CP Victoria loves to play golf. She usually plays golf with Daniel, but in this summer Daniel is unable to play golf because of his kidney-transplantation. There was an article about this in the last time in on of the big swedish tabloids.
Princess Madeleine loves riding as CP does and her future husband:clap: loves to play football.
Queen Silvia loves skiing and she also loves to swim. I read in an article some years ago that they have build a swimmingpool in the castle of Drottningholm so that the royal family can do swimming whenever they want, but I do not know if this is right.

I've never seen photos, but I've read about in articles that came out during the engagement. She has memberships at a few golf clubs in Copenhagen. I don't know how often she plays anymore, but I have read that it is one of the sports that she enjoys.
Here's one of the articles (scroll down to "the Crown Princess' background"):
http://www.netpublikationer.dk/um/6728/html/chapter01.htm

Last edited:
There were pictures of Mary and Fred playing golf in 2002 :flowers:

Princess Ann won a gold medal at the European Equestrian Championships in 1971 in individual eventing and silver in both individual eventing and team eventing at the European Championships in 1975. Her daughter, Zara Phillips has been, eventing world champion and also a member of the team which held the silver world medal

BB has a picture gallery of CP Frederik & CP Mary doin different sport activities such as jogging, horse riding etc

Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg plays tennis, sailing, water skiing and Swimming.

Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg likes Skiing, skating and water sports.

Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume of Luxembourg plays Soccer, tennis, skiing, swimming and water sports.

Prince Felix of Luxembourg plays tennis, soccer,volleyball and he loves athletics. He was the best athletic of his school for 5 years. He has a special talent in winter sports like freestyle skiing, slalom classic, giant slalom and snowboarding. He is the honorary president of the Luxembourg Basketball federation and granted his high patronage to the para club of Luxembourg.

Prince Louis of Luxembourg is very athletic. he is engaged in many sports in his spare time.

Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg likes dancing, skiing, tennis, swimming and water skiing.

Prince Sebastien of Luxembourg loves sports, he plays rugby and is part of the Luxembourg U19 rugby international team.

(source : the official website of the Grand ducal family)

Crown princess Victoria and Daniel Westling skiing in Storlien yesterday:
PurePeople

Didn't George VI excel at cricket and play doubles at Wimbledon one year?
I know his son-in-law HRH Duke of Edinburgh was President of MCC twice.

Back
Top Bottom