Royalty & How They Feel About Their Roles

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Royal's life,like everyone's life,no matter how rich,smart,powerful are full of up's and down's.

That comment about how the Queen says Princess Michael is too grand for family is funny!

Those who enjoy being royal:
HM and PP
PoW and Camilla (although he doth protest too much sometimes)
PRoyal
Most of the elder Dukes and Duchesses and Prince/Princesses

I don't think Wills and Kate are happy to be royals. No proof, just "vibes" I pick up. As for Prince Charles complaining about having his life "planned," all of our lives are planned to a degree.

However, we can't know how they think. I don't think they can think as "normal" people. Enormous wealth from Day 1, a job that you really have to mess up to get fired, access to most every desire.

I think they are all pretty much contented with their lot.

I think Kate Middleton is VERY happy to be royal, which is not to impute any unbecoming motives to her - I like her! Mary Donaldson and Princess Maxima are two others who I think were very drawn to their men's royal status. I get this sense from the pre-wedding documentary Mary cooperated with for Danish TV, in which she REALLY seemed to be lapping it all up, and Maxima's comments that she accepted a visit from Willem-Alexander in New York even though she had "forgot what he looked like".

This is not to imply that they don't also love their husbands. But I think they're human, and the prospect of being royal is a powerful draw. But I also think it's just as well that people embark on the role who are going to enjoy it and embrace it fully, because it's a role that would make a person miserable otherwise.

Last edited:
i think i saw somewhere that Princess Diana said that Prince William as a child told her that he didnt want to become King.
well it was when he was just a little boy, that has changed now, and i believe by now that most royals (likely heirs) might have thought they didnt quite wanted to be a monarch or expressed disappoitment for being born a royal when they were just little kids!^^

HM and PP
PRoyal

I don't think Wills and Kate are happy to be royals. No proof, just "vibes" I pick up. As for Prince Charles complaining about having his life "planned," all of our lives are planned to a degree.

However, we can't know how they think. I don't think they can think as "normal" people. Enormous wealth from Day 1, a job that you really have to mess up to get fired, access to most every desire.

I have to agree with this; I think sometimes they complain about having no choices in life, but really I doubt they would change things if they could.

I know it was once said that William might decide to step aside; you never hear that now!
Mostly they seem to revel in their status, and why not? ;)

Prince Hamzah of Jordan , i hear he not love be treat like prince , this why he go out country too much , he love people treate him like anybody else

Yes Right Burzg agree with you Too , I heard That Too He’s Very Humble Human I always say Like Father Like SON He Look Very Much Like His Great Father King Hussein in everythings , face , voice , Personality , That’s why Jordanian People Love him Very Much :flowers::flowers::flowers:

HM and PP
PRoyal

I think there is a difference between dealing with the cards fate has dealt one in an amiable way despite personal wishes and what one really enjoys or would prefer. I always look to human nature - and what I know about myself - to answer such questions. I would guess there are days - months - perhaps even years - that a royal chafes at it all. Everyone on your list must have at one time or another. We all go through dips and curves in how much we are happy with our lot - by old age we are usually reconciled.

I believe Charles said once the comment you quote - how is that protesting 'too much'? :ermm: Its an honest comment (made once) - and very true. In no way do any of us have a planned life on the order he does (or any royal IMO) - not even a CEO in a major company. While in my profession I know what's coming more or less for months at a time - I have tremendous leeway that someone like Charles does not. It must get 'old' pretty quick - but none of them can opt out like I can.

Because they have known such wealth from an early age I agree that they think differently. Because they live being looked at for all their lives they must experience life very differently from most of us. It does not mean they are content, tho. Human nature decrees otherwise - but they can never solve the dilemma and 'go off'. I don't envy them.

I agree about William - hadn't really thought about Kate, though I for sure get an uncomfortable impression watching her 'live'.

Every royal has at some point dislike their roles even when they normally like them. I would say Prince Harry doesn't like his role because he doesn't get to do a lot of things that he would like to do. His brother Prince William is inbetween (sometimes he likes his role, other times he doesn't).

The older royals accept their roles and if they dislike parts of their roles, they don't complain about it or let anyone else know their feelings.

I would say that prince Carl-Philip of Sweden doesn't like being a royal, he may like the perks of it but don't want to do the day-to-day events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom