Royals & Celebrities

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Prince Albert II of Monaco dated Brooke Shields, and she used to be one of his girlfriends. :D

Brooke shields is a decendents of many royals including italian nobility and distantly related to king Louis XIV. It would have been nice to see Brooke shields as a princess of Monaco but he married Charlene and she is the woman who makes him happy now as princess of Monaco.

Hungarian-born Hollywood Actress Zsa Zsa Gabor married Frederic, Prince von Anhalt.

He is not really a prince though. He was adopted as an adult for cash settlement so under German law ahe was able to take Prinz von Anhalt as his surname.

Gloria Swanson was once married to the Marquis de la Falaise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brooke shields is a decendents of many royals including italian nobility and distantly related to king Louis XIV. It would have been nice to see Brooke shields as a princess of Monaco but he married Charlene and she is the woman who makes him happy now as princess of Monaco.

I've read on IMDb that Brooke Shields is a distant cousin of the Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg.

He is not really a prince though. He was adopted as an adult for cash settlement so under German law ahe was able to take Prinz von Anhalt as his surname.

He is no prince at all - he was a pimp, and a very common person by the name of Hans-Robert Lichtenberg - who got rich enought to get himself adopted as an adult after american law. In Germany this is NOT possible.

He is NO prince, He is NOT a member of any noble house.

I don't really think Brooke ever dated Albert, though. They played in a celeb tennis tournament but apparantely nothing ever came from it.

Albert has also dated Dutch model Karen Mulder. She was one of the main Supermodels during the 90's.

IMO, It would be great if a prince married a celebrity or Hollywood star in today's world. Do you think that it is possible in 21 century?

I don´t know,I´ve heard/read that both Grace Kelly and Rita Hayworth were rather unhappy in their marriages and they didn´t like being a princess because it came with so many limitations and they were not allowed to make any films.Grace Kelly loved her job as an actress a lot but she was just expected to look pretty and give birth to an heir when she was in Monaco.Not only was she kept from filming,her movies were also not shown in Monaco because it was not seen as "proper" for a royal princess...

From Wikipedia: After the wedding, Prince Rainier banned the screening of Kelly's films.[15] Hitchcock offered Kelly the lead in his film Marnie in 1962. She was eager, but public outcry in Monaco against her involvement in a film that portrayed her as a kleptomaniac made her reconsider and ultimately reject the project. Director Herbert Ross attempted to lure Princess Grace for his 1977 film The Turning Point, but Prince Rainier quashed the idea.

Last edited:
Thanks for the corrections! :D I'm very sorry for the errors.

Others actress that became princesses are:

french actress Ghislaine Dommanget married Louis II Prince of Monaco

english actress Dawn Addams married Don Vittorio Emanuele Massimo, Prince of Roccasecca

english actress Belinda Lee married papal prince Filippo Orsini.

italian actress Marisa Allasio married Count Pier Francesco Calvi di Bergolo, son of Princess Jolanda of Savoy.

I read also that actress Virgina Field married a Prince but I'm not sure.

Isn't Jamie Lee Curtis wed to a baron? Isn't her husband, Christopher Guest, 5th Baron Haden or something like that?

Last edited:
She is not a princess but her mother is Elisabeth of Yugoslavia
does n't make her a princess? i saw a program on tv where she talks about being a princess.....

In 1918 Lyda Borelli, an italian actress of the silent era, married the Count Vittorio Cini.

Nadia Cassini married Count Igor Cassini in 1968.

Constance Bennet married Henry le Bailly, the Marquis de la Coudraye de la Falaise, one of Gloria Swanson's former husbands.

Lina Cavalieri married russian prince Aleksandr Bariatinsky.

Popular silent era actress Pola Negri in 1927 married russian prince Serge Mdivani.

Serge Mdivani's brother, David Mdivani, married actress Mae Murray.

The Maharaja Jagaddipendra Narayan of Cooch-Behar married in 1949 actress Nancy Valentine.

Actress Elsa Martinelli married in 1957 italian Count Franco Mancinelli Scotti di San Vito.

Actress Edy Vessel married italian count Pierluigi Vitalini.

Actress Pia Giancaro in 1983 married roman prince Sforza Marescotto (nickname Lillo) Ruspoli.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the images. The man has a smile that can light up a whole palace, I tell you.

Agreed ! ;) If London had a power outage, he could light up the whole of Buckingham Palace with his smile!
:lol::lol:

He could provide the illumination for the upcoming Jubilee events with that smile :D.

Thank you for these! They're wonderful.
Hey, you never know. He performed at Windsor's Golden Jubilee pageant, in front of the BRF. He may do the same for the Diamond.... after all there are horses involved,;) or take part in some other way, nothing about that yet, but cross your fingers!:D :cool:

Hey, you never know. He performed at Windsor's Golden Jubilee pageant, in front of the BRF. He may do the same for the Diamond.... after all there are horses involved,;) or take part in some other way, nothing about that yet, but cross your fingers!:D :cool:

Oh, I will be definitely keeping an eye out.

Your Majesty, may I present... Queen Victoria!

2nd row, 2nd pic.-
Gallery
( British actress Samantha Spire)

Back
Top Bottom