Royals' Favourite Music and Singers

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Safaa Batin

Nobility
City
Irbid
Country
Jordan
Royals' favorite singers..

who are the royals' favorite singers, actors/actresses, and other artists?

- king Hussein favorite singers were: Fairouz and Majda alroumi.

do you have idea about other royals?

Princes William and Harry of Wales at least used to like Eminem and before that the Spice Girls. I hear the Harry now likes Outkast.

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
Princes William and Harry of Wales at least used to like Eminem and before that the Spice Girls. I hear the Harry now likes Outkast.
The Spice Girls? That's funny.

I've heard that Prince Amedeo likes Enya.

King Carl XVI Gustaf - His favourite artist is Stevie Wonder

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
Princes William and Harry of Wales at least used to like Eminem and before that the Spice Girls.
That's cool, the Spice Girls rocked ^__^ come on...everyone must have liked them at one stage hahaha

When Prince William and Prince Harry met Spice Girls in 1997 Father and sons wores black ties to Spice girls premiere with his dad Prince William wores black ties with his dad but Harry dont wear black ties i read people magazine in 1997 after his mother the Princess Diana's death.

Prince Harry met Spice Girls in Africa but William missed it with former president South Africa when Princess Diana met before she died.

Sara Boyce

hillary_nugent said:
That's cool, the Spice Girls rocked ^__^ come on...everyone must have liked them at one stage hahaha
Ok, I admit it. I did own some Spice Girls albums. :mad: At least I can proudly say, I never liked Hanson. I know a lot of people who went through that phase. :)

That's cool that Harry likes/liked Eminem.

Oh, and Stevie Wonder; what an amazing man. "Just because a man lacks the use of his eyes doesn't mean he lacks vision."

Danielle said:
Ok, I admit it. I did own some Spice Girls albums. :mad: At least I can proudly say, I never liked Hanson. I know a lot of people who went through that phase. :)
BWUHAHAHAHAHAHA that's me....i bet there were alot of Royals that loved the Spice Girls ^__^ not sure about Hanson hahaha...

Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands was/is a huge fan of the late Amalia Rodruigez (a famous fado singer)

I remember reading that Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex was avid fan of Peter Gabriel in his Genesis years and after. (Which is odd because the Queen still hired Elton John to play at his 21st) But I hear he is now a friend of Harry Connick Jnr. Not certain he is a fan.

Sophie, apparently was very much into that 1980's punk rock thing. Dire Straits, Duran Duran, ect. Don't know who she listens to now.

Crown Princess Mary likes the Australian band Powderfinger :)

DKgirls said:
Crown Princess Mary likes the Australian band Powderfinger :)
Yeah she is, and no wonder; Powderfinger are a really good band. They were one of the bands that played at "Rock 'n' Royal" before their wedding.

Danielle said:
Yeah she is, and no wonder; Powderfinger are a really good band. They were one of the bands that played at "Rock 'n' Royal" before their wedding.
Exactly :) But we can't remember which of the artists from the concert who were Frederik's favorite....it might have been DAD or Sanne Salomonsen, but we're not sure!

mousbah said:
Crownprince Felipe of Spain: Gloria Estefan
Hummm handsome and with an excellent musical taste...... no wonder he's my favorite :D

Marengo said:
Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands was/is a huge fan of the late Amalia Rodruigez (a famous fado singer)

He is? That´s awesome. I "discovered" her one day in the World Music section of the record shop. You could listen to the CDs. Well, most of them. I listened to several of her songs and she was great. Such expressiveness. Whether on uptempo or slower tunes, she had a marvelous voice. She reminds me of a cross between Edith Piaf and Cesaria Evora. And love the acoustic guitar work you normally get in her recordings.

Dennism said:
He is? That´s awesome. I "discovered" her one day in the World Music section of the record shop. You could listen to the CDs. Well, most of them. I listened to several of her songs and she was great. Such expressiveness. Whether on uptempo or slower tunes, she had a marvelous voice. She reminds me of a cross between Edith Piaf and Cesaria Evora. And love the acoustic guitar work you normally get in her recordings.
I made a search on internet, I only found one website with a song for her in the introduction, she seems great, do any body know websites where I can listen to her songs online.

Princess Caroline of Monaco's favorite singer is her sister Princess Stephanie!
no, im just joking

Last edited:
Princess Madeleine was a huge Backstreet boys fan back in the old days :)

and the swedish kings favourite artist is Stevie Wonder, who also played at the kings 50th birthday.
And Queen Silvia is said to like the swedish artist Tomas Ledin

Music royals listen to

Dpes anyone know what music the royals listen to?

Carl XVI Gustaf is a fan of Stevie Wonder.

The late Prince Claus listened to classical music. In an interview, he said that he liked to fill the house (Drakensteyn Castle) with classical music.

Do we know about royals from the past? Many royals were indeed patrons of various composers throughout history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom