Royals' Ex-Partners

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After all what she has already gone through I am still stunned by the naivity of Ms Middleton and her advisers. What did they think? That the media would not put her in the center of attention? They should sit together and think about possible reactions of the media before they decide to take part in in any public activity.
I don't say I like the way the media works but Kate should have understood by now that she is not able to change their habits. Her position is still unclear although we have put her now into the ex-thread and as long as this continues she will have to live with extensive media coverage when attending public events, if she wants to or not and if it's right or not. If she wants to get control back she needs to live her life accordingly and that does not include a Hello cover story about a boat race not many people would be interested in without stressing that Kate Middleton is a member of a rowing team, documented by pics that could have been done by a professional photoshoot team incl stylist and hairdressers.

Felipe and Willem Alexander

Hi!

Crownprince Felipe was also together with Gigi Howard from Usa for a few years.

And then a question:

Wasn´t Crownprince Willem Alexander together with his sister-in-law, Princess Laurentien before Constantijn?

Marie

After all what she has already gone through I am still stunned by the naivity of Ms Middleton and her advisers. What did they think? That the media would not put her in the center of attention? They should sit together and think about possible reactions of the media before they decide to take part in in any public activity.
I don't say I like the way the media works but Kate should have understood by now that she is not able to change their habits. Her position is still unclear although we have put her now into the ex-thread and as long as this continues she will have to live with extensive media coverage when attending public events, if she wants to or not and if it's right or not. If she wants to get control back she needs to live her life accordingly and that does not include a Hello cover story about a boat race not many people would be interested in without stressing that Kate Middleton is a member of a rowing team, documented by pics that could have been done by a professional photoshoot team incl stylist and hairdressers.

Yeah, I know what you mean, but I'm getting really fed up with the Daily Mail on this and another of couple of things they are reporting.

Yeah, I know what you mean, but I'm getting really fed up with the Daily Mail on this and another of couple of things they are reporting.

I agree with you about the Daily Mail. The Daily Mail is turning Kate's press exposure/race and Camilla at Diana's service in much bigger issues then they would have been since they keep doing an new article on both subjects it seems every day.

Although I must admit the cover of Hello hasn't helped either.But I am wondering if Kate didn't think the "Hello" piece sort of didn't count since it was for charity. I think on paper the race looked like a good idea although Kate should have realized how bad the paparazzi coverage could potentially get.ie 25th B-day. IMO Kate might have thought the press wouldn't be that bad since it is still sort of up in the air if she and William are back together. I could be wrong but it seems like Kate is trying to have a more normal life since she might have got back with William and the race was one of her attempts at doing that.

IMO Kate might have thought the press wouldn't be that bad since it is still sort of up in the air if she and William are back together. I could be wrong but it seems like Kate is trying to have a more normal life since she might have got back with William and the race was one of her attempts at doing that.

If this is true I can only say that she obviously still believes in Santa Claus. If she was a foreigner who had no clue I would say ok, but, come on, this is England and its media and she should have known for a long time how things work. If she wanted a normal life, the last thing she should do is participate in a boat race and do high profile advertising such as a Hello cover story for this event and go to the clubs every night in short dresses well aware that loads of paparazzis will be waiting outside.

I don't feel sorry for her a second, to be honest, because in theory it's all up to her. If she thinks she is the first person in England who can prevent the media from chasing her because she is a private person she is very wrong and the sooner she realizes the better. I wonder what kind of people are "advising" her :rolleyes:

If this is true I can only say that she obviously still believes in Santa Claus. If she was a foreigner who had no clue I would say ok, but, come on, this is England and its media and she should have known for a long time how things work. If she wanted a normal life, the last thing she should do is participate in a boat race and do high profile advertising such as a Hello cover story for this event and go to the clubs every night in short dresses well aware that loads of paparazzis will be waiting outside.
That's the way I see it, she says one thing but does another.

If she wants a private life then here's a quick tip, stop frequenting ultra-trendy nightclubs like Mahiki and Boujis which are known celeb spots. London is awash wih fun bars and clubs, it's not as though she has no other options.

Regardless. However, if BP really did step in and make her quit the race, I think it is safe to assume that she and William are back together. Otherwise I can't imagine what sway they would have over her decision, or indeed, why they would care in the first place about what she did as long as it wasn't a tell all story. William could do much worse. Indeed, as her only crimes appear to be short skirts and endless vacations, she is probably too good for him.

Why are we still treating Kate as an EX ?

Regardless. However, if BP really did step in and make her quit the race, I think it is safe to assume that she and William are back together. Otherwise I can't imagine what sway they would have over her decision, or indeed, why they would care in the first place about what she did as long as it wasn't a tell all story. William could do much worse. Indeed, as her only crimes appear to be short skirts and endless vacations, she is probably too good for him.

Clarence House has come out and said that no one on their side had anything to do with Kate quitting the race, not at CH or BP and a palace insider has commented further that they in fact don't care what Kate does. The media are conveniently "forgetting" to make clear this point because, if it looks like Kate and Will might still be together, they have the opportunity to sell more papers than if they are truly split up, which is what I believe they are. I wish I could remember which article it was that had the quote, but there have been so many articles over the past few days about this.

Richard Kay is on a role this week with his Kate commentary. I wonder how increasingly nasty he will become as the Diana memorial draws nearer? :)

I have very strong doubts about the idea the Daily Mail tried to convey about Kate leaving the race due to intervention from CH or BP. It just doesn't make sense to me that CH (and especially, not BP) would have any interest in her activities, even if she is back on with PW, which I suspect. Unless of course she is doing something that directly embarrasses PW, I doubt they are concerned about what she is doing. As she hasn't done anything scandalous yet and doesn't appear to be doing anything now that is inappropriate of a woman of her age and situation, I think CH rather has more pressing matters to consume them! :D

Having said that, here are some new pics, hot off the press, from Kate yesterday. The source is celebutopia.
The Chewster Castle: Kate Middleton arriving home after some shopping 8 August 2007
I feel so bad for Kate being pursued like this, but at the same time it is a pleasure to see her looking so well. Is it true that she quit her Jigsaw job?

Last edited:
Richard Kay is on a role this week with his Kate commentary. I wonder how increasingly nasty he will become as the Diana memorial draws nearer? :)

I have very strong doubts about the idea the Daily Mail tried to convey about Kate leaving the race due to intervention from CH or BP. It just doesn't make sense to me that CH (and especially, not BP) would have any interest in her activities, even if she is back on with PW, which I suspect. Unless of course she is doing something that directly embarrasses PW, I doubt they are concerned about what she is doing. As she hasn't done anything scandalous yet and doesn't appear to be doing anything now that is inappropriate of a woman of her age and situation, I think CH rather has more pressing matters to consume them! :D

Having said that, here are some new pics, hot off the press, from Kate yesterday. The source is celebutopia.
The Chewster Castle: Kate Middleton arriving home after some shopping 8 August 2007
I feel so bad for Kate being pursued like this, but at the same time it is a pleasure to see her looking so well. Is it true that she quit her Jigsaw job?

Where did you hear that she quit her job? I saw it like 2 days ago but it was in one of those satire pieces. if was wondering though if that got put into the satire from a real story.

Kate Middleton puts boat race drama behind her with a return to what she does best

Last updated at 09:33am on 10th August 2007

Kate Middleton puts boat race drama behind her with a return to what she does best | the Daily Mail

None of this makes any sense to me.

Kate, appears not to be "offcially" the girlfriend any longer of Prince Willam. Now there is speculation that they are back together, but it is just that for now. I am one of the ones hoping its true, but right now its just a bunch of speculation.

That being said, if Kate is single again, why should she have to drop out of this event. Its good, its athletic, its for a very good cause. So what if her presence brings media attention to it? It could very well help the charities the event is trying to help.

Kate's presence is going to cause a media circus right now not matter what it is. I prefer to see her rowing with a group of people trying to do something for a great cause than a headline that says she is back to clubbing.

I find nothing wrong with her going to clubs as she is a young girl and that is normal, but I find it strange that they would want her to drop out of something like that. Other royals take part in sporting events, look at Zara, Prince Albert, William and Harry skiing, Caroline diving off boats. I don't understand how Kate's presence in a sporting event for charity can be any more of a security threat than any of the of the other royals taking part in events.

I help with some charities at my girl's school and IMO the more attention, media, etc. can only help the causes. And in this case I think its too bad that Kate dropped out.

On the other hand, the fact that she is taking this advise, which I agree seems to be very naive, could mean that she really is back with William and that there are some other behind the scenes reasons we don't know about yet.

Again, that is speculation.

But from what we don know, a single Kate dropped out of a very good cause for not a very good reason. JMO

What has happened to Kate? She used to be very low key, avoiding the press in a friendly way and therefore was not being harrassed apart from the usual coverage. At some point I guess she started to like being the center of attention and it went downhill from there. She started to willingly attract the paparazzi by her acitvities (clubbing until morning in AAA VIP clubs), her choice of clothing (William's parade - too much attention on her, more low key dress or colour would have been more appropriate, plus her short short clubbing dresses), her lifestyle (not getting a serious job but one that family or friends provided and allowed her to go clubbing until early hours and do vacation whenever - and that was often), and, finally, this weird sisterhood project. I could not believe when I saw the cover story with Kate styled like a model and the pics with the crew - Kate standing - no, not standing, posing - in the back of the boat as cox while the rest of the girls kept rowing and sweating and doing all the work. Of course, within a rowing team there is a cox and there are the rowers, but from a public relations perspective - who on earth thought that pics like these did have no impact.

Since her change of attitude I can only say that she has no queen material. My guess is that this circus will go on for some time, on off on off until William will present a fresh girl some day and everybody will be pleased with his choice because there is no media past, at least not one as Kate brings along. They met at an much too early stage of their lives, unfortunatley.

O.K. maybe we should back to the thread's theme.

I wonder does the Danish or Dutch sisters had any ex-partners official or non-official?
What about Princess Irene of Greece? Why she is single?

Last edited:
Where did you hear that she quit her job? I saw it like 2 days ago but it was in one of those satire pieces. if was wondering though if that got put into the satire from a real story.
I think I saw the same thing you saw! Now I think of it, it must have been on the Spoof site! :D

Duke of Marmalade, I have to agree with what you say even though I don't want to, because I like believing the best of people. The Sisterhood Challenge was indeed odd (the posing, unbelievable) and still more odd is her withdrawal from it! It puts the Sisterhood in the unenviable position of finding and training someone in a fortnight! :eek: And what for? Why? The "Clarence House" explanation of Richard Kay does not make any sense to me. I do not believe Clarence House could have taken any position on it, let alone that that one!

I wouldn't expect that Kate would have an incentive to 'manage' the media if she were no longer dating William. If I were a 25 year old girl in London who just broke up with my longterm boyfriend, managing the media would be at the bottom of the totem pole in my list of priorities, my top priority would be to have some fun and forget the relationship.

Britain's most stylish and indispensable society guide | British Tatler

In the Tatler of September 2007 there is an article about the top 10 Kates:

.. Kate Middleton, the most famous girlfriend in the world. After splitting from her royal boyfriend in April, Kate attended up to seven cocktail parties a night, often with her sister Pippa. She is now back with the Prince and is admired not only for her dress sense but also for her ability to look sober will into the early hours. Kate rate: 10/10 Perfect!...........

So it must be true, they are together again.

Seven cocktail parties in one night?! :lol: She did not spend more than a pass-through at any of them? How pointless! To get all dolled-up and not stay for a good quality time, I don't understand it!

Oh well. Here are some pictures and videos of Kate I have put together so you just have one click (and a few back-clicks, but besides....) ;)
http://chewstercastle.blogspot.com/2007/08/kate-middleton-and-sister.html

So it must be true, they are together again.
Yes, of course... because a fashion magazine says so...

Duke of Marmelade, unfortunately, I agree 100% with your last post... Kate was such a disappointment; what a change, after the break up! As you say, I don't see any Princess material anymore. Ultimately, she came out as the completely opposite kind of girl she seemed to be... people really disappoint us, sometimes.

Yes, of course... because a fashion magazine says so...

Duke of Marmelade, unfortunately, I agree 100% with your last post... Kate was such a disappointment; what a change, after the break up! As you say, I don't see any Princess material anymore. Ultimately, she came out as the completely opposite kind of girl she seemed to be... people really disappoint us, sometimes.

Well, what did you expect? to see her crying around corners cause Wills dumped her. I dont know, I cant exactly blame her for the media attention, is not like she calls paparazzis and buys all the copies of the tabloids or newspapers she appears on. I dont know what are you supposed to act around such attention.

What are we expecting to consider her a royal girlfriend again? A public appearance with Wills?

Well, what did you expect? to see her crying around corners cause Wills dumped her. I dont know, I cant exactly blame her for the media attention, is not like she calls paparazzis
We can't say that she doesn't encourage the paparazi's harassment, especially after seing her posing with her rowing sisters...
Honestly, I didn't expect to see her wearing mini dresses and taking photos of paparazi with a mobile phone, while clubbing in the middle of the week, two or three times a week... that's just the kind of behaviour I did never expect to see on her, I must confess. She seemed to me as a discreet girl... not better nor worse, just different...

But - what can I say - sometimes people just disappoint us. It's not a big deal. ;)

We can't say that she doesn't encourage the paparazi's harassment,

I can understand how you feel that way, as it can seem like encouragement when you forget the context in which the photos are taken. But actually if you stop to think about it, can you say it makes sense that she is asking the paparazzi to wait for her outside her house, to wait outside clubs for her to come out, to wait for her outside her work? What is a person supposed to do, how to act? She is just living, and people are getting "news" about her walking down a street, so it looks like that is all she does.

Apologies if this video has been posted before. I just saw it today. I give CBS a little more credence than tabloid news, so who knows?

Royalty.nu - Royal News

Apologies if this video has been posted before. I just saw it today. I give CBS a little more credence than tabloid news, so who knows?

Royalty.nu - Royal News

I think the guy standing in front of Kensington Palace had it right when he said it's not so much of them being "back on" as it is that they were never truly "off". ;)

Well, what did you expect? to see her crying around corners cause Wills dumped her. I dont know, I cant exactly blame her for the media attention, is not like she calls paparazzis and buys all the copies of the tabloids or newspapers she appears on. I dont know what are you supposed to act around such attention.

Well, she is a private person. If she did not want the attention, she should behave accordingly, meaning in a low key manner. No clubbing at in places, no short short dresses, no high profile media projects. I don't say that this is a good thing or an appropriate life for a young woman, but this is how it works. I am repeating myself here, this is England, and there are no exeptions for Miss Middleton regarding the usual press behaviour, I am afraid. And after having been several years with the second in line to the British throne, she should have understood by now. It's all up to her - her lifestyle will reflect on the media attention, very simple, and you can't have it all. Maybe her advisors should take this into consideration before complaining again about poor Kate being constantly followed by the press.

What are we expecting to consider her a royal girlfriend again? A public appearance with Wills?
Yes.

She's young. She has friends who go to clubs. This is what she is supposed to do. Go out. It's a shame she had to drop out of rowing b/c of it. She had the opportunity to do something interesting and the media ruined it.

Does anyone have a picture of Dieter Zimmerman, Máxima's ex-boyfriend (the man she was dating before meeting WA, I understand) ?

Back
Top Bottom