Royals' Ex-Partners

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The fiancee Harry has now is perfect for him. They are in love and about to marry. Harry and Cressida werent to be. He is happy with Meghan. She is happy with Harry Wentworth Stanley. They've both moved on.

Wedding invitation situation? None of us know that...and I've never seen anything indication Harry treated any of his girlfriends badly.

Cressida was in her early 20's, ready to start a career and that did not involve working for the BRF and living in a fishbowl. I don't think either of them were that into each other after a time.

LaRae

Why date prince Harry if you are not willing to join the BRF? Of course you mind find out that he is not the one but if you know that from the start better leave him (or any other royal in a comparable situation) alone; so they can find someone who is willing to take on the lifestyle that is required in such a case.

Why date prince Harry if you are not willing to join the BRF? Of course you mind find out that he is not the one but if you know that from the start better leave him (or any other royal in a comparable situation) alone; so they can find someone who is willing to take on the lifestyle that is required in such a case.

Ah, but it all worked out for the best for Harry--he found Meghan at the right time for both of them.

Not everyone wants to marry into the family...that doesn't mean you wouldn't pursue a relationship with one of them. Especially in this day and age.

LaRae

She’d be perfect for him now. Older and more mature.

Not hardly...what exactly would they have in common? Not much.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it makes sense that Harry would choose someone like Meghan. He is marrying up.

You guys have to catch up with these couples. Everyone has moved on.

I think it makes sense that Harry would choose someone like Meghan. He is marrying up.

Harry has gotten very very lucky in finding a woman like Meghan that loves him and is willing to take all the baggage that comes with him...plus having similar views and interests, knows how to conduct herself around the media, is well educated, articulate and comfortable speaking to strangers.

He's won the lottery.

LaRae

Harry and Meghan are perfect for each other. And I don't believe either thinks there is any marrying up.

Honestly, at this point the people I feel most sorry for are the poor interns/low ranking reporters at certain publications (namely the Daily Mail, although possibly some others) who will be spending the next 3 weeks on Chelsy Davy/Cressida Bonas/Trevor Engelson watch to tell such riveting stories as "woman exits a theater" or "man goes to work after ex-wife's wedding a continent away".

Not everyone wants to marry into the family...that doesn't mean you wouldn't pursue a relationship with one of them. Especially in this day and age.

LaRae

Well, I just hope that these girlfriends were very clear from the start: "Happy to be your girlfriend for a while, but never going to be your wife".

Harry might have mentioned previously that it was hard to find someone who wanted to be with him for life because of all the baggage because he 'lost' potential wives (in his book) due to his position - if he had known from the start, he might have experienced it differently.

I am guessing at least some of them went into thinking we'll see how it goes and quickly came to realize it was not for them. I'd say a couple others were obvious from the start, just for fun.

LaRae

Chelsy at least I think went into it honestly believing they could make it work. It didn't go on as long as it did, because she was in it for fun. I think it was just too much in the end for her, and she realized she was never going to be able to deal with the royal life. I don't think one can blame her. I think many of us think we can think we can put up with anything for the man that we love. Unfortunately sometimes, despite our deepest intentions, that proves wrong. It better that she figured it out before they married and it ended after.

Cress I never thought she or Harry were serious. Harry was fresh from the army and needed a girlfriend when he was in town, for some fun. Cress was fresh from college and looking to let loose. They served a purpose for each other. Now that the purpose is over, they have both moved on.

I agree about Chelsey, but they were too young and possibly not really well matched in some areas...and she had no desire to join the Firm.

I never though he and Cressie were headed to marriage. They did not seem well matched either.

LaRae

No idea what you are talking about Rudolph...

LaRae

By all indications Chelsey would a royal duchess at the moment were she willing to ‘take on the job’.

I slightly disagree with this. While I do think the Harry & Chelsy union would have lead to a wedding if she had wanted to "take on the job," there's no guarantee that it would have lasted or that she'd still be a royal duchess.

If Chelsy hadn't heeded the warning signs that she wasn't ready/suited for royal life in the naive belief that she'd eventually get used to it, I don't think the pairing would last. A relationship where one party is miserable is destructive and heartbreaking for all involved. It was better for her to realize that she couldn't be a royal duchess during the dating years than to try to fit the mold, fail, and (probably) leave innocent children in the media crossfire of another Windsor divorce (no matter how friendly).

I think it's more than public scrutiny that made Chelsy and Cressida back off. Marrying royal comes with danger; as a member of the the BRF by marriage they would have been a target. Anne was almost kidnapped years ago and there was the IRA bombing that killed Louis Mountbatten. Had Chelsey or Cressida said yes to Harry she would have to go through the hostage training like Meghan, Kate and Diana did. That aspect of royal life may have been too much and could have been a factor of saying no.

I saw the picture of Chelsy and here new guy:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.dail...rrys-ex-Chelsy-Davy-32-one-divorced-pals.html

A bit too much in my opinion; trying too hard to show the world she has moved on from Harry.

And women who just want to date a royal, the royal would have to assess if that person is just out for bragging rights and won't run to the tabloids to detail intimate moments.

Chelsy wanted to be a lawyer and was at university for the majority of the years she and Harry were together. Harry was in army training on tanks and then in intensive helicopter training. They were travelling in two different directions by the end.

Their romance was one of those joyful youthful romances that was full of fun but was also tumultuous. They split up several times. Chelsy loved Harry but knew in her heart she wasn't cut out for Royal life. She loved travelling and the freedom of being able to go back to her homeland whenever she could. I think she's still like that.

Harry and Chelsy have moved on. Harry is about to marry the woman he loves. There's no indication that he hankers after Chelsy or that she longs for Harry.

Let's not forget that Chelsy is now thirty two, will be thirty three in October. She hasn't married, isn't engaged and doesn't, as far as we know, have a live in partner. This guy might be the one. Who knows. However, I do think that Chelsy is quite a restless person and may not marry for quite a while.

Last edited:
I think it's more than public scrutiny that made Chelsy and Cressida back off. Marrying royal comes with danger; as a member of the the BRF by marriage they would have been a target. Anne was almost kidnapped years ago and there was the IRA bombing that killed Louis Mountbatten. Had Chelsey or Cressida said yes to Harry she would have to go through the hostage training like Meghan, Kate and Diana did. That aspect of royal life may have been too much and could have been a factor of saying no.

I saw the picture of Chelsy and here new guy:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.dail...rrys-ex-Chelsy-Davy-32-one-divorced-pals.html

A bit too much in my opinion; trying too hard to show the world she has moved on from Harry.

They have been broken up for years, and she has had more then one boyfriend since. I highly doubt Chelsy is trying to 'show people she has moved on'. She is acting like someone who is in her 30s and having fun at the start of a romance.

Just because she hasn't rushed to marry, even if some think 32 is a spinstress or something, doesn't mean she hadn't moved on.

Madeleine's ex Jonas Bergström and his wife Stephanie attended on 12th May at the wedding of Joen Bonnier and Jessica Crawley in Stockholm. Also Victoria and Daniel attended at the wedding and most of Stockholm's high society.
Jonas and Stephanie chatted with Daniel.
https://danapress.com/thumb.php/017...K7Jr_55UaBMc1W-6YUlkG403VX2pKKZTOMnuPzxcRaCl6
https://danapress.com/thumb.php/017...wbf6fl2oQHddsuWPKIUTjzeR8qSnnGJxl9h6fLxD-KXk~
https://danapress.com/thumb.php/017...sm__npRpERzVZ6ihJCNF4Mzlf6iQSg7NE3uPzBRAqKXc~

Victoria and Daniel at the wedding
http://0.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:136267158:1800x650:w?v=5ad07f35&m=bofmmaja

I wonder if Chelsey regrets going to Harry and Meghan's wedding now:

Prince Harry had an 'emotional' phone call with his ex Chelsy Davy | Daily Mail Online

One unguarded moment in St George's Chapel and the press called her the jealous ex. This story makes her the ex that couldn't and wouldn't let go. The idea that she may have crashed the Frogmore reception, where she wasn't invited? DM is not the only outlet running this story.

Back
Top Bottom