Royals' Ex-Partners

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't care for Dave, I always got the uneasy feeling that he was in the relationship more as a social climber than a genuine interest and feeling for Beatrice. He made sure that he knew where the press was and managed to get photos of himself with Beatrice or not. In the last few years of their relationship, when they were on holidays, he was photographed spending more time with the other women in the groups than Beatrice it seemed.
It's a shame, the guy before Dave turned out to be a wanted felon and then Dave was more interested in his publicity than Beatrice. I hope she finds someone like her sister Eugenie has.

Princess Beatrice being a royal is a job. Zara has riding. Beatrice does charity work. [.....].

Being royal is no job. And maybe she does some charity work, but so do millions of Britons. When you help to clean the local village church, when you volunteer to paint the club house of the local football club, when you look after that elder lady down in the street, that is already charity work. Nothing for royals only.

:previous:Fairs fair, you have absolutely no reason except personal animus to blame Sarah for the contents of this report. She loves her daughter and would never do anything to deliberately hurt her. She is not mentioned.

You're right. I was hasty and unkind to blame Sarah Ferguson.

I do think, though, that Princess Beatrice will not attend that wedding.

I hope she finds someone like her sister Eugenie has.

I hope she winds up being married to the right man who is so in sync with her that they become one of those magical couples.

I've had relatives like this. Say, a scholarly man, short, likes books, hates sports, marries a short woman, a sportswoman, a person who dotes on animals... Boom. An interesting couple. As singles, not so interesting. Together, very popular and intriguing.

This can happen to Beatrice.

Aside from that, I think the success of her romantic life and marriage depend on how much Beatrice and her intended want to be in the press and if they agree on the amount of press coverage.

A marriage where you have to give up everything that you care about, is doomed to be unhappy.

A very simple truism. One cannot make another person happy unless they're happy with themselves.

Giving up identity, things in life that one enjoys to focus on someone else's likes and dislikes and to be a shadow of that person is a death knell that strips a person of who they are. Should the relationship fail, one is left with a ghost of the person they used to be.

This has to work for both partners to maintain a healthy relationship. Perhaps Beatrice and Dave were just so comfortable being an "us" that over years of a relationship, they both grew in different directions without even realizing it and those changes worked against the relationship rather than strengthening it. They called it quits so that both could move on with their lives and find what they're really looking for. Perhaps Dave has found that already and Beatrice has still to find it. We don't know.

I can believe that Beatrice wishes Dave well and hopes he found what he's looking for. He just wasn't what she was looking for in the long run.

Eugenie holds a full time job, and does royal patronages and events. And yet Jack hasn't run for the hills.

YET!

The fact that they have been dating for seven years and are not yet engaged is a red flag.

Hope Eugenie doesn't invest a decade in the relationship, only to see it fall apart. (Although I think Jack is much more likeable than Dave Clark).

YET!

The fact that they have been dating for seven years and are not yet engaged is a red flag.

Hope Eugenie doesn't invest a decade in the relationship, only to see it fall apart. (Although I think Jack is much more likeable than Dave Clark).

But she was only just out of her teens when they first met. I don't find it a red flag for someone in their early 20s - they were both finding their feet career wise as well as being on separate continents.

Hopefully, as they're now a bit older, they will make some decisions about which direction they want to take their relationship.

Personally, if they want to carry on as they are for the rest of their lives that's fine - but it's probably unlikely given her background.

I think that there are people in the 21st century who are content not being married until they are ready to start a family. So it is possible that Eugenie and Jack will marry when/if they become ready for children. Maybe they already have an understanding between the two of them.

Whilst she's not a royal, I know of someone who has been with her partner since they were teens, they have 5 kids and are engaged but have never considered getting married.
For some people it's just a piece of paper.

I'm not saying that's the case for Eugenie, but I thinks it's a positive that she's been with Jack so long and they are not engaged.

Dave Clark is engaged:

I can't help but feel sorry for Beatrice in all this. They have been broken up for less than a year, and apparently he met his fiancee only six months ago. He dated Beatrice for ten years.

The article says Beatrice is still friends with him and may even attend his wedding...I probably wouldn't be so forgiving...:sad:

I have a different take on this. After all these years maybe the spark was no longer there and they were just comfortable friends. One wanted more physical relationship and marriage while the other wanted things just the way there were. Breaking up relationship was the right thing. Still good friends just no longer turning each other on in a physical way. Happens all the time. He has since found someone. If he is still truly her friend, she will be happy for him and have no guilt over breakup. Nothing to forgive. I am sure many have gone through the same thing. It is life. It takes two people to devote their attention to a relationship. I personally always thought they looked more friendly in photos than loving. I wish them both well.

Last edited:
I haven't seen Beatrice moping around since the split. There may be a little hurt present over the announcement, but I think she's okay with it and has moved on. Just like he has moved on. I just don't think the split happened because he didn't want to commit. I think it's Bea who wasn't ready and he was. It's very good and mature to end things because one isn't ready to get married.
I don't think Beatrice was ready to settle down and commit to anyone. I think her head is still in her Royal role which she is still coveting. I truly believe she would love a big Royal role. Sadly, I don't believe her uncle and granny are too happy to give her one. Maybe that will change.

Gotta make sure that baby is born within wedlock to keep it proper I guess.

And even more reason for Beatrice to be pissed.

Has the actual pregnancy been confirmed by Dave or is that just another story made-up by someone because of his fast engagement? Only place I have seen is in another forum. But, of course, American news media probably would not cover the story. If only in People or other magazines, they have had to back down more than once for their fake stories.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think Beatrice was ready to settle down and commit to anyone. I think her head is still in her Royal role which she is still coveting. I truly believe she would love a big Royal role. Sadly, I don't believe her uncle and granny are too happy to give her one. Maybe that will change.
I honestly don't understand where this idea has come from that she's dying to have more of a "royal" role. She has never said that and neither has anyone inside the family (in spite of the press claiming the Duke of York did - in fact, he has released a statement saying the exact opposite).

Her education shows that she has always known that she would have to do something in spite of her status and she has held down various jobs and done further study (never mind the Daily Fail kindly providing a running total of her holidays) as well as her charity work (it might not be paying work but it's an occupation). She grew up with a mother who "worked" and who divorced in order to do so.

The Queen and the Prince of Wales won't find any more royal duties for her - she is not in the direct line and for myself, she is fully aware of that.

For now, she's taking some time for herself and hopefully is a fulfilled and happy young woman - nothing in recent appearances suggests that she is broken-hearted. Onwards and upwards...

Even when her grandmother Queen Elizabeth, or her uncle King Charles, or her cousin King William request her to do a representation on behalf of the Royal House, then this still is not a fulltime royal role with a daily agenda with a load of engagements, receptions, openings, parades, sight-seeings, and the whole thing.

We may even question if the future Prince and Princess Henry will both have a fulltime royal agenda... My guess is that Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie will slowly fade out to the pheriphery of the royal family, like the Phillipses, the Armstrong-Joneses, etc.

In hindsight it seems not unwise to me that the parents of Princess Louise and Prince James have preferred not to use their rightful royal titles but go for Lady Louise and Lord James indeed. Also for them a fulltime royal future seems most unlikely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to see Chelsy still enjoys her parties! I agree about the dresses.

I realize Melissa's birthday is the same date as Pippa's wedding, but it's odd she chose to throw a big party on that day (since she and her brother George were most likely given the save-the-date notices months ago).

I wonder if that's because of her ex-husband, Tom Van Straubenzee, who was at Pippa's wedding?

Well, Bea was in Cannes, now Dave is in Cannes. They're all living their lives. The man has moved on and look very happy. For a peace of mind it's better to wish someone well and be happy for them.

I never knew Beatrice dated a Dave "Clarke". The Mail's headline writers appear to be in top form.

Beatrice's ex Dave Clarke and his fiancee in Cannes | Daily Mail Online

No matter how much Beatrice says she is happy for him, I think things like this must make her cringe.
And he seems insensitive.

Obviously we don't really know who ended the relationship or whether it was mutual. But there are lots of stories like this, where a man dates one woman for a long time and doesn't marry her, then gets engaged quickly to another woman and many times, the first woman is upset. Which I certainly would be, too. You might question what is wrong with you that he didn't want to marry you but knew so quickly with someone else. Not to say that Beatrice is experiencing those feelings, but it's also possible that she is.

I realize Melissa's birthday is the same date as Pippa's wedding, but it's odd she chose to throw a big party on that day (since she and her brother George were most likely given the save-the-date notices months ago).

I wonder if that's because of her ex-husband, Tom Van Straubenzee, who was at Pippa's wedding?

Yes, I actually wondered on the wedding day whereabouts Earl Percy (George) was, as he and Pippa have been such good friends for years. (Though I have to say I haven't seen them about together in the last couple of years.) Then I read about Missy Percy's big birthday party on the same date.

Although Pippa is friendly with the Percy family and has stayed at Alnwick Castle several times I've always thought of George Percy being Pippa's primary friend in the family.

I've never seen Missy or Pippa hanging out together, for instance. Perhaps Missy holds big birthday bashes every year on her birthday and didn't want to change the date for her 30th. Some posters on other forums have spotted Pippa's university mates JJ Jardine and Ted Innes-Kerr (and partners) at Pippa's wedding, and supposedly someone spotted George Percy there with a girlfriend. However, some guests' photos haven't appeared on media outlets sites, so it's difficult to say whether George was there or at Syon.

If Missy did receive an invitation she almost certainly refused the invite due to Tom van's attendance. Who wants to be meeting up with your ex spouse on an otherwise joyous occasion!

Last edited:
I've never seen Missy or Pippa hanging out together, for instance. Perhaps Missy holds big birthday bashes every year on her birthday and didn't want to change the date for her 30th. Some posters on other forums have spotted Pippa's university mates JJ Jardine and Ted Innes-Kerr (and partners) at Pippa's wedding, and supposedly someone spotted George Percy there with a girlfriend. However, some guests' photos haven't appeared on media outlets sites, so it's difficult to say whether George was there or at Syon.

If Missy did receive an invitation she almost certainly refused the invite due to Tom van's attendance. Who wants to be meeting up with your ex spouse on an otherwise joyous occasion!

Missy and Pippa must hang out sometimes, since they are tennis partners.

I did hear that George went to the Syon party instead of the wedding.
But I very much doubt it was with a girlfriend.
He doesn't seem the type.

Yes, Pippa was also just a nice platonic friend of George's. Also, after much searching, nobody has come up with a photo of George at the wedding so I do think he was at Syon with his sister and co.

Who wants to be meeting up with your ex spouse on an otherwise joyous occasion!

I can honestly say that is something that never crossed my mind. Went to many weddings, charity events children's weddings, etc., where my ex-husband was also attending. Danced with him at many. Once when my sept-daughter found out that he was alone on Christmas, invited my ex to family Christmas dinner at her home when, of course, my second husband and I plus rest of family were there. No big deal. We all got along. Just because our 12 years marriage went sour, didn't mean he didn't exist in my new family's life. Never wanted him dead, just refused to tolerate his gambling any more.

I am glad you noticed this too. Tom is best buddies w/William and rumor has it that Kate was trying to fix up Tom w/new girlfriends while his divorce from Missy wasn't even finalized.

My guess is that the Percys may have been invited but chose to continue with the 30th birthday party because Pippa's wedding included not only Tom but William & Kate too. Thus I can see Missy having her own birthday and the rest of the Percys - Katie & George - going to Missy's party as support. The Percy family seems pretty close knit.

Missie, Katie, Tom? Ah... Lady Melissa Percy, Catherine, The Duchess of Cambridge and Mr Thomas van Straubenzee?

Missie, Katie, Tom? Ah... Lady Melissa Percy, Catherine, The Duchess of Cambridge and Mr Thomas van Straubenzee?

Katie as in the duchess of Cambridge :lol: didn't read too closely in your outrage :ROFLMAO:

Says the Percy's, George and Katie,.... As in Missy's siblings George and Katie Percy. :flowers:

Both Melissa are publically and commonly known as Missy and Tom. It was quite clear who is being talked about. Bit bratty to pretend not to know who it is. Not like we are calling Catherine, Kity or something bizarre.

I highly doubt Misdy not attending had anything to do with her ex. They move I'm the same social circles and rub elbows all the time. While Tom may be very close to William, it was not Willisms event. Missy and George have been friends with Pippa for over a decade. I highly doubt To,pm being there was a deciding factor.

It was quite clear who is being talked about. Bit bratty to pretend not to know who it is. Not like we are calling Catherine, Kity or something bizarre.

Could we not do that? :sad: As unpleasant as it is for the person being addressed, it is also unpleasant for other people to read. The world is so polarized and unpleasant, one can understand being jumpy, but.....would be nice not to see such quick negative retorts.....just because. Please?

Back
Top Bottom