Royals' Ex-Partners

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The example of Prince Harry's late mother shows that Miss Bonas is right to keep a more low-key profile and a certain distance from the press. In my eyes it is only a pro that Miss Bonas is "hiding from the attention".

I'm not saying "hiding from the attention" is a bad thing, although she isn't "hiding" too much when it comes to her acting career. But I digress...what I'm saying is she hardly looked happy with harry when they were out. It seemed like she let the paparazzi ruin her fun as chelsy did not. In fact, chelsy had to go through much more public scrutiny than cressida. The paps following her to school, work, holiday's, society weddings, social events...heck even to the chiropractor! And I must say she handled it very well. She's STILL handling it well as seeing how they still follow her. One more example...the concert for Diana, chelsy was singing, dancing having a good time in the royal box with her boyfriend. She didn't come through, pose for the photographers like cressida did at the charity concert for Free the Children and then sit almost stone faced through the whole thing. By the way, posing for photographers at these events with her sister Isabella is not keeping a "low profile" in my book.

I guess we can agree to disagree but I still find chelsy a better match for Harry in so many ways.

I am not sure that being extravert in public and giving the paperazzi a field day are the best qualities for a (future) royal... Remember: give these rats from the press one finger, they take the whole hand.

I am not sure that being extravert in public and giving the paperazzi a field day are the best qualities for a (future) royal... Remember: give these rats from the press one finger, they take the whole hand.

There was an experience of that with the Duchess of York. If I understand correctly, Sarah was initially welcomed as a 'breath of fresh air', a view that quickly 'went south'. I recall Catherine being criticized early in her marriage for laughing with her mouth open. :sad: Imagine the critique Chelsy would have been subjected to. Grilled alive I think would be the expectation, on a daily basis, unless she remade herself inside/out.

I recall the last high profile royal event Chelsy attended, the wedding of William and Kate. She looked miserable in more ways than one, to the point of possibly being hung-over. The criticism directed at her was brutal. She bugged out of the relationship shortly after that, remembering that she also watched Harry flirt up a storm with the bride's sister during that event. Harry appears to have his negatives.

What's interesting regarding Chelsy and Cressida, beyond their passing resemblance, and that they are both leggy blonds, is that they are so very different women. From them I could not come up with Harry's 'type' at all (beyond the externals).

Last edited:
I too remember how awful Chelsy looked at William and Kate's wedding. I've never found her particularly beautiful to start with but her appearance startled me then....

Yes she really did look like she had a hang over. I think there was talk that her Harry and some others did have a big night drinking. I'm glad she's moved on

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

IMO Chelsy and Cressida are not even remotely comparable. (A part from both being blonde of course :flowers:.) This is my perception of them: Chelsy is not a beauty but a very common and anverage girl you could see every day... But she has a lively and enjoyable attitude, which in old times matched Harry's one. They had a very passionate and "stormy" relatioship and despite everything I think they sure had fun and never got bored. It was maybe his first love and now it's over. I think it was a young, immature relationship like many others and to be frank I'm glad they decided to split because, again IMO, Chelsy's life in the firm would have been a nightmare both for her and for the british family... Totally usuitable in many ways. She has a bubbly and energetic character that would be in great contrast with the royal life.

Cressida is a pretty blonde girl with finer features, and so with a more aristocratic face. This said, I may be totally biased but think she was even more unusuitable for Harry then Chelsy. A part from being a tad young she really seemed very girly and I think that Harry deserves someone who can stand by his side, someone more mature than he himself to be frank. I never got the feeling their "romance" would have gone far. No sparkle, no warmth from them. IMO they were more like "friends with benenfits"...

I never liked any of them two girls but Cressida was a big "no" from the early on IMO. And I strongly disagree with those thinking she is shy. No way:cool: She is just more shrewd and knows how to act and move in that society ( she is born in that circle).

I'm over, just my 2 cents:lol:

P.S. Both ships seem to have sailed, and for good

Dash @DashRoyal · 9h 9 hours ago
Cressida Bonas continued with her Hollywood domination last night by attending the @WeinsteinFilms & Netflix Golden Globes After Party

I don't think either Chelsy or Cressida is right for Harry; he needs someone who will adapt to the RF, and I don't see how either would.

Anyway, they both seem out of the picture permanently (Chelsy has apparently given up on the law career, while Cressida is cultivating a film career (she'd better be wary of Weinstein, though. Lots of rumors about him and the ol' casting couch).

I think Chelsy was a nice young lady for Harry, but both relationship are over so... He'll find someone, he's got the charm, looks, money and time on his hands.

Good for her landing that job.
I am sure being a ex of Harry's would have helped , after all who knew who she was before that.
I for one am glad she has moved on. I don't think she was suitable for the job of being royal.
Really hope Harry can find the right girl for him and one who can enjoy the royal job that goes with him.

Royals' ex-partners

Cressida Bonas lands job as face of Mulberry but insists she is not dating Freddie Fox-
Cressida Bonas lands job as face of Mulberry but insists she is not dating Freddie Fox - Telegraph

Wow. What an article. First off this writer or Harvy Weinstein must be delusional if they think not the slightest bit of publicity from Cressida's relationship with Harry had something to do with her budding success now. Yes she went to Leeds and graduated with a dance degree. DANCE. And I'm sure she took some acting lessons while there but I'm also positive there were other actresses that went to that school who graduated at the top of their class for acting not dancing. And what attention are they getting?

Unless cressida had a fundamentally aggressive manager who got her these roles, then one is most certainly living in a fairy land to think her relationship with Harry didn't help her career..a lot.

And I'm sorry, but money that broke them up? Ya right. How many times has Cressida flown to Necker Island for vacays, weddings or skiing with the royals in Switzerland. You only need to look at her half brothers Instagram to see that she not missing out on any fantastic globe trotting lately. And not wanting to live off her parents? I understand paying her own rent but she certainly isn't a poor college graduate, you only need to look at her designer clothes, handbags, shoes etc. to see that she is getting money from them.

And the bit about not liking her name?? What does that have to do with the movie...? Or anything?

90% of this article is rubbish to me. Good for her that she's continuing on with her acting career but let's not make this anything but what it really is Telegraph, another young socialite with connections trying to make it in the entertainment world.

Btw didn't her sister Isabella try this very route?

Last edited:
It's good to see Cressida doing well. Of course her connections and previous relationship with Harry helped her, it certainly didn't hurt her. If I had dated a high profile princess or actress, I'd try to use that attention to further my career as well. Connections and hard work is how you make it this world. It's not necessarily, what you know but who you know.

It's good to see Cressida doing well. Of course her connections and previous relationship with Harry helped her, it certainly didn't hurt her. If I had dated a high profile princess or actress, I'd try to use that attention to further my career as well. Connections and hard work is how you make it this world. It's not necessarily, what you know but who you know.

I have to agree with that. Yes, Cressida dated Prince Harry and by default became a known in media circles and reasonably known by the public (for her name if nothing else). Mulberry decided to offer her a job (either because she is a good actress or to cash in on her connection or a bit of both or neither) and she quite rightly took it. She could end up staying with Mulberry for the rest of her career or it could open up doors elsewhere. Either way, I am impressed with Cressida because as far as I know she hasn't done a kiss and tell, has got on with her life the best way she can.

It likely gave her some 'lift', her association with Harry, but Cressida is forging ahead on her own merits imo. She is dazzling, a genuinely beautiful young woman. That is what is getting her the jobs. She must also be demonstrating some capacity. If not, she will fizzle out soon enough. For her sake, I hope not. :flowers:

P.S. I think Cressida will be the 'what if' former girlfriend. IMO she had it all. Harry couldn't keep her. Lost chance for him. But the best that could have happened for Cressida imo.

Last edited:
Good for her landing that job.
I am sure being a ex of Harry's would have helped , after all who knew who she was before that.
I for one am glad she has moved on. I don't think she was suitable for the job of being royal.
Really hope Harry can find the right girl for him and one who can enjoy the royal job that goes with him.

I'm going to have to disagree with you about Cressy's contract with Mulberry being only because of her relationship with Harry. She might have gotten it anyway since there seem to be a multitude of young British women from the aristocracy who are modeling or acting. There always have been beginning back in the 60s'. They arrive with a bang and just fade away. Right now there's Cara and Poppy Delevigne(sp?) who are both hot and making tons of money and before that there were several whose names I can't remember. I'm just saying that Cressida might have become one of these on her own, without having dated Harry.

Having said that, I totally agree that she was NOT THE ONE and would have been a total disaster as a Brit royal. She's far too young, dresses very badly and didn't seem all that bright. Plus, her mother has four sets of children from her five marriages and I think, like William, Harry would like his wife to be from a stable, loving family.

He'll find the right woman one day, I know he will. He may have to grow up some more himself before he can dedicate himself to one woman.

I didn't say the only reason she got the job was because she's an ex of Harrys I said it would have helped her.
She wasn't well know before Harry or known at all really

I think the opportunities are there mostly due to her association with Harry. She's a pretty girl, but there are thousands of lovely talented girls whose careers go nowhere because they don't get that initial push.

Time will tell if she has that extra bit of spark that will result in a longtime career.
Her sister didn't make it, but perhaps Cressida will.

It most likely has gotten her foot in the door. For example, Chrissy Teigen (John Legend' wife) is pretty but her relationship with John is what made IMG want to check her out. No shame, it happens all the time.

RKD @RoyalKateDebate · 4h 4 hours ago
Cressida Bonas is performing in the Importance of Being Ernest for @ActionAddiction in March

Obrigado Blog Real. I think Cress will get somewhere. She already has fame enough to get some Hollywood doors open I think. If she does turn out to have talent, bingo!

Obrigado Blog Real. I think Cress will get somewhere. She already has fame enough to get some Hollywood doors open I think. If she does turn out to have talent, bingo!

I agree. She glows, besides being a genuine beauty. More power to her! :flowers: It's what the business laps up.

I thought she just took a trip to Africa with her boyfriend.

Same here. :ermm:

Also, someone said recently (I can't locate the post) that Chelsy has given up being a lawyer. Is that true? Anyone know?

Same here. :ermm:

Also, someone said recently (I can't locate the post) that Chelsy has given up being a lawyer. Is that true? Anyone know?

I know she has left the law firm she was with, but I can't say if she's given up on being a lawyer.

All I can say is, until Harry gets with a serious girlfriend again (we can assume he is dating under-the-radar right now) - who he is willing to openly declare to the world - Chelsy (and Cressida) will be dogged by the paps. Reason enough to think 2 and 3 and 4 times before hitching up with Harry. Has to be a drawback for Harry.

I know she has left the law firm she was with, but I can't say if she's given up on being a lawyer.

Thank you, Mirabel. :flowers: Wonder what she is planning?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom