The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-21-2018, 07:05 PM
Majesty

Ingrid Seward, who knows both Cressida and her mother, must have been telling lies then about the cause of the breakup when she spoke about it in public. And Cressida hung on for two years and Chelsy for about seven so Harry can't have been that bad a boyfriend.

Old 04-21-2018, 07:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Wedding invitation situation? None of us know that...and I've never seen anything indication Harry treated any of his girlfriends badly.

Cressida was in her early 20's, ready to start a career and that did not involve working for the BRF and living in a fishbowl. I don't think either of them were that into each other after a time.

LaRae

Old 04-21-2018, 07:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Wedding invitation situation? None of us know that...and I've never seen anything indication Harry treated any of his girlfriends badly.

Cressida was in her early 20's, ready to start a career and that did not involve working for the BRF and living in a fishbowl. I don't think either of them were that into each other after a time.

LaRae
Had to google as had not heard the wedding invite....always heard Cressida breaking up over the constant criticism and pressure. But I found this.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...-air-fare.html

According to it, Cressida didn't want to pay for the flight to the US to attend Guy Pelly's wedding.

The article suggests that they were already on the road to breaking up, the criticism got too much. And she didn't want to spend the money because she knew the relationship was failing.

Even if true, nothing about it suggests Harry treated her badly. Unless one is going to suggest he was treating her badly by not picking up the tab.

I never got the thought ever Cressida and Harry were serious. She was young and fun, someone for him to take out when he was in the country. She was fresh out of college, and dating a prince, while her career got off the ground, was fun. I think they both knew from the start that neither was serious in this, and it ran its course.
Old 04-21-2018, 08:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

That was the impression I got too...it was convenient for them both and they had some fun. I just remember the 'glum' look when the media would see them getting off the train etc. You could tell she was even less than thrilled with media attention. I don't remember them harassing her though but I could of forgotten.

LaRae
Old 04-21-2018, 08:22 PM
Majesty

She’d be perfect for him now. Older and more mature.
Old 04-21-2018, 08:27 PM
Majesty

The fiancee Harry has now is perfect for him. They are in love and about to marry. Harry and Cressida werent to be. He is happy with Meghan. She is happy with Harry Wentworth Stanley. They've both moved on.
Old 04-21-2018, 08:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

LaRae
Why date prince Harry if you are not willing to join the BRF? Of course you mind find out that he is not the one but if you know that from the start better leave him (or any other royal in a comparable situation) alone; so they can find someone who is willing to take on the lifestyle that is required in such a case.
Old 04-21-2018, 09:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Why date prince Harry if you are not willing to join the BRF? Of course you mind find out that he is not the one but if you know that from the start better leave him (or any other royal in a comparable situation) alone; so they can find someone who is willing to take on the lifestyle that is required in such a case.
Ah, but it all worked out for the best for Harry--he found Meghan at the right time for both of them.
Old 04-21-2018, 09:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post

Not everyone wants to marry into the family...that doesn't mean you wouldn't pursue a relationship with one of them. Especially in this day and age.

LaRae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Not hardly...what exactly would they have in common? Not much.

LaRae
Old 04-21-2018, 09:48 PM
Courtier

I think it makes sense that Harry would choose someone like Meghan. He is marrying up.
Old 04-21-2018, 09:51 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curbside View Post
I think it makes sense that Harry would choose someone like Meghan. He is marrying up.
To put it charitably at best.
Old 04-21-2018, 10:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

You guys have to catch up with these couples. Everyone has moved on.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-21-2018, 10:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curbside View Post
Harry has gotten very very lucky in finding a woman like Meghan that loves him and is willing to take all the baggage that comes with him...plus having similar views and interests, knows how to conduct herself around the media, is well educated, articulate and comfortable speaking to strangers.

He's won the lottery.

LaRae
Old 04-21-2018, 10:29 PM
Majesty

Harry and Meghan are perfect for each other. And I don't believe either thinks there is any marrying up.
Old 04-28-2018, 12:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Chelsy with her new boyfriend James Marshall in London on 25 April.

https://api.profimedia.com/data/larg...0369993884.jpg

https://www.profimedia.cz/similar/369993831

Chelsy on safari in Zambia!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BicVWbAn...-by=chelsydavy

Cressida make a photoshout "DANCING to my own BEAT"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjXhxm8g...ressida_bonas_

Chelsy enjoy Ibiza with friends

Chelsy Davy parties with friends during lavish hen weekend in Ibiza | Daily Mail Online

Chelsy at the The Victoria and Albert Museum Summer Party, London on 20 June

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed...=Chelsy%20Davy
Old 04-28-2018, 01:13 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
You are mourning the death of their relationship?
Old 04-28-2018, 01:28 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Chelsy with her new boyfriend James Marshall in London on 25 April.

https://api.profimedia.com/data/larg...0369993884.jpg

https://www.profimedia.cz/similar/369993831
The lady’s facial expression behind them is funny.
Old 04-28-2018, 01:37 PM
Aristocracy

Honestly, at this point the people I feel most sorry for are the poor interns/low ranking reporters at certain publications (namely the Daily Mail, although possibly some others) who will be spending the next 3 weeks on Chelsy Davy/Cressida Bonas/Trevor Engelson watch to tell such riveting stories as "woman exits a theater" or "man goes to work after ex-wife's wedding a continent away".
Old 04-28-2018, 03:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Not everyone wants to marry into the family...that doesn't mean you wouldn't pursue a relationship with one of them. Especially in this day and age.

LaRae
Well, I just hope that these girlfriends were very clear from the start: "Happy to be your girlfriend for a while, but never going to be your wife".

Harry might have mentioned previously that it was hard to find someone who wanted to be with him for life because of all the baggage because he 'lost' potential wives (in his book) due to his position - if he had known from the start, he might have experienced it differently.
Old 04-28-2018, 04:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

I am guessing at least some of them went into thinking we'll see how it goes and quickly came to realize it was not for them. I'd say a couple others were obvious from the start, just for fun.

LaRae