Royals' Ex-Partners

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cressida has launched a career off of Harry. Glad it's worked out for her and hope he meets someone soon who's a little more low key and interested in a long term partnership

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Cressida has launched a career off of Harry. Glad it's worked out for her and hope he meets someone soon who's a little more low key and interested in a long term partnership.

In many ways, Cressida demonstrates how much of a no-win situation any woman will be in who allows her name to be linked to Harry. :sad: IMO what is being shown is that Harry is poison. Don't bother with him would be my advice. You will not be able to have your own career and will be swallowed up by the demands of royalty. Unfortunately for Harry, this means that only certain kinds of ambitious girls/women will scope him out and stay for the long haul. He will have every reason to doubt the motives of any woman who appears to be attracted to him.

Cressida has aspects that make her someone that fashion would have always been interested in using for their advertising campaigns, even without Harry. :flowers: There is no question that her connection to Harry gave her some lift. No question. That's not a bad thing. It's her life. She has a right to use her experience as she sees fit. Harry seems to be saying he's fine with it, too. Good for him. He likely owes her that much imo, given how he dealt with her at the end. (And as for low-key, imo there could be no one more low-key than was Cressida. We will not see her like again, methinks. Few women would put up with the level of self-effacement the Harry/Cressida relationship demonstrated).

Bottom line is Cressida would not be succeeding if she did not have some substance behind her ambition. Harry gave her lift but Cressida is the beauty that sells product. Her connection to Harry may have gotten her the foot in the door but Cressida is doing the work. If there was no substance, no one would be risking money on her. Harry may be the hook, but it is Cressida's charisma that is delivering. It seems only fair to say this. But then, I like the girl lots. :)

Last edited:
Bottom line is Cressida would not be succeeding if she did not have some substance behind her ambition. Harry gave her lift but Cressida is the beauty that sells product. Her connection to Harry may have gotten her the foot in the door but Cressida is doing the work. If there was no substance, no one would be risking money on her. Harry may be the hook, but it is Cressida's charisma that is delivering. It seems only fair to say this. But then, I like the girl lots. :)

She is a very attractive woman who likely would have been able to act/model without the additional publicity, yes. But the publicity helped. And her aspirations meant she was never going to be able to go the distance with him.

A woman who aspired to be a teacher, solicitor, museum curator, charity administrator... probably would have to give up their career long term, but also don't have ambitions totally incompatible with being a member of the royal family.

Someone who wants to be a model/actress can't become a member of the royal family. I think she knew that going in. They both had their fun, and I don't think that's negative at all. I really wish her well in her career. BUT I hope that next time, he looks for someone whose ambitions are more compatible long term with the realities of his life.
http://www.theroyalforums.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

She is a very attractive woman who likely would have been able to act/model without the additional publicity, yes. But the publicity helped. And her aspirations meant she was never going to be able to go the distance with him.

How do we know that she wasn't willing to go the distance with him? We have indications she was but it unravelled in a fortnight, it seems. :sad: She was broken up. We can never really know what she was or wasn't willing to give up. Harry walked away (one story).

A woman who aspired to be a teacher, solicitor, museum curator, charity administrator... probably would have to give up their career long term, but also don't have ambitions totally incompatible with being a member of the royal family.

Yet maybe Cressida is still more in the game with Harry than we know. :flowers: Maybe the wife of Prince Harry will be a successful actress/model. Maybe. Never know.

Someone who wants to be a model/actress can't become a member of the royal family. I think she knew that going in.

Can we be so sure? ;) It might be that Harry will change the 'can't' into 'can'. New rules for a new generation of royals.

What really puzzles me is the fact that I don't see Harry as a man who would function without a companion. I see no girlfriend in evidence and I find that suspicious. I think there is a girlfriend. Has to be. He's dating. Must be. Or, in fact, this secondment to Australia may be the 'enforced' separation the BRF always does with their princes when there is an engagement in the works. Not so? :p

They both had their fun, and I don't think that's negative at all. I really wish her well in her career. BUT I hope that next time, he looks for someone whose ambitions are more compatible long term with the realities of his life.
http://www.theroyalforums.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

I think Harry is going to do what Harry is going to do. Where cupid shoots his arrow, who can control that? :flowers:

I always think back to the time just before the break-up, though. News articles were showing up that Cressida's family were trying to convince Cressida to break it off with Harry. What was that about? What had taken place to effect that turn-around for the family? Then in a few weeks there was the wedding situation and Cressida was left packed but not going. What to make of it? Whatever it all was, I think Harry has some maturing to do. There is evidence he might need to be more supportive and understanding of a woman's needs in a relationship, stuff like that. Just a hunch. Hope that happens for him, or he meets the woman who can inspire him enough to come up to the mark.

In many ways, Cressida demonstrates how much of a no-win situation any woman will be in who allows her name to be linked to Harry. :sad: IMO what is being shown is that Harry is poison. Don't bother with him would be my advice. You will not be able to have your own career and will be swallowed up by the demands of royalty. Unfortunately for Harry, this means that only certain kinds of ambitious girls/women will scope him out and stay for the long haul. He will have every reason to doubt the motives of any woman who appears to be attracted to him.
I don't think for one moment that "what is being shown is that Harry is poison". Quite the reverse in fact.

I think Cressida is the poster child for using people. I think she caught his eye and decided to exploit him, and the attendant notoriety, to excellent effect. She is the template showing "how to succeed in acting, modeling, whatever public field in which you wish to aspire, without really trying. Just getting your face out there is difficult in a dog eat dog competitive world. Harry provides an express elevator to the top.

Whatever Chelsey's perceived faults, using Harry wasn't one of them.

I don't think for one moment that "what is being shown is that Harry is poison". Quite the reverse in fact.

I think Cressida is the poster child for using people. I think she caught his eye and decided to exploit him, and the attendant notoriety, to excellent effect. She is the template showing "how to succeed in acting, modeling, whatever public field in which you wish to aspire, without really trying. Just getting your face out there is difficult in a dog eat dog competitive world. Harry provides an express elevator to the top.

Whatever Chelsey's perceived faults, using Harry wasn't one of them.

Your post proves my point. :sad: Cressida does not deserve such a scathing summation imo. She was very 'young' (experience-wise, not worldly) when she came to him, and lets face it, he has to have chased her a bit (she had a boyfriend). There is nothing in Cressida's demeanor that would ever convince me that she is as conniving as you say. She fell for him and was giving up her life and ambitions for him when he (apparently it was his choice) walked away.

She has moved on and made the best of what he dealt her. That's being mature, not ambitious or conniving. :flowers:

One thing that I admire about both Harry and his brother is that they do not seem to suffer hangers-on, users and false friends. (In other words they have much better judgment concerning the company they keep than their late, beloved mother did):sad:

Harry is a sensitive young man. If he suspected for a minute that Cress had ulterior motives for being with him, I don't think their relationship would ever have gotten as far as it did...and he most certainly would not have remained friends with her.

Although I don't like it, I think you are spot on.
Cressida (or her family) presented herself as a shy type who disliked publicity. But her actions after the split with Harry don't support this image at all.

Cressida has launched a career off of Harry. Glad it's worked out for her and hope he meets someone soon who's a little more low key and interested in a long term partnership

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

You must admit though she would have been an exceptionally attractive princess.

Someone who wants to be a model/actress can't become a member of the royal family. I think she knew that going in. They both had their fun, and I don't think that's negative at all. I really wish her well in her career. BUT I hope that next time, he looks for someone whose ambitions are more compatible long term with the realities of his life.

I might sound old-fashioned, but marrying an European aristocrat as in the old days would be the best for Harry IMHO provided, of course, that they genuinely liked each other (I'm not talking an arranged marriage here).

I might sound old-fashioned, but marrying an European aristocrat as in the old days would be the best for Harry IMHO provided, of course, that they genuinely liked each other (I'm not talking an arranged marriage here).

I disagree... I think someone down to earth and willing to work hard and be as normalizing a force as possible is important. A Sophie or a Kate type.

Cressida would have been quite a lovely princess though, true.

So which is it? :ermm: Is she 'back in South Africa' or is she living in London? Seems like a pricey hair appointment if she's jetted to London for some body TLC.

BTW - is Chelsy's family very wealthy? Enough for Chelsy to be independent? Just wondering. I never paid attention to that aspect. :flowers:

"Chelsy Forever" says she was in SA a couple of weeks ago.

Yet maybe Cressida is still more in the game with Harry than we know. :flowers: Maybe the wife of Prince Harry will be a successful actress/model. Maybe. Never know.

I thought she was back with her x?
Cressida Bonas goes with aristocratic ex-boyfriend on Valentine's date | Daily Mail Online

Last edited by a moderator:
Your post proves my point. :sad: Cressida does not deserve such a scathing summation imo. She was very 'young' (experience-wise, not worldly) when she came to him, and lets face it, he has to have chased her a bit (she had a boyfriend). There is nothing in Cressida's demeanor that would ever convince me that she is as conniving as you say. She fell for him and was giving up her life and ambitions for him when he (apparently it was his choice) walked away.

She has moved on and made the best of what he dealt her. That's being mature, not ambitious or conniving. :flowers
Although I don't like it, I think you are spot on.
Cressida (or her family) presented herself as a shy type who disliked publicity. But her actions after the split with Harry don't support this image at all.
" . . . he has to have chased her a bit . . . who knows? We can suppose, but we can't state our opinion as fact. :bang:

How young is is 'very young'? Cressida is 26 now! Young people can vote, drive, drink, and die for their country before the age of 21. Are they all just too stupid to know what they are doing or, is it just pretty, blonde, rich and trendy lass's dating royals that are 'young' in their mid twenties?

Something is going on here!

Notice the comment by one of the posters:
"I noticed a PR company released a statement that she'd be at the party. Does that mean Chelsy now has a PR person, keeping her in the press? Her attendance at this event was announced by a PR company , very interesting."

Chelsy Davy wears summery outfit for The Ivy Chelsea Garden Launch Party | Daily Mail Online

Mm...She quits her job and seems more comfortable with press coverage, he quits his job and has a gap year...Mm...

Very interesting indeed.:brows:

The restaurant would have a PR company working for their relaunch. Chelsy is a lawyer that nothing that you would need a pr firm for unless you were also a politician.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

She's been shot out again. These latest photos are not her usual. She is not hiding or unhappy.

I'm telling you, SOMETHING IS UP!!!

Chelsy Davy rocks ripped jeans and a summer glow on another night out in London | Daily Mail Online

http://www.independent.ie/style/cel...ow-key-luxe-on-london-night-out-31147618.html

Lots more on Getty Images. Just look how her attitude has changed towards the photographers. This is NOT normal for her.

http://www.gettyimages.com.au/searc...ations=&family=creative&license=rm&license=rf

Last edited:
So which is it? :ermm: Is she 'back in South Africa' or is she living in London? Seems like a pricey hair appointment if she's jetted to London for some body TLC.

BTW - is Chelsy's family very wealthy? Enough for Chelsy to be independent? Just wondering. I never paid attention to that aspect. :flowers:

She was actually back in London for a wedding, hence the hair and nail appointment. I'm not sure who's wedding it was but they held it at the Duke of Northumberland's home and Chelsy went along with Cressida's brother and his girlfriend Irene.

And yes her father is very wealthy, owns a lot of land and a hunting business. She has always been used to the finer things in life such as driving a Mercedes, living in a high rise condo throughout college with her brother, lots of vacations and flying back and forth to visit Harry. A lot. When they were dating.

I disagree... I think someone down to earth and willing to work hard and be as normalizing a force as possible is important. A Sophie or a Kate type.

Cressida would have been quite a lovely princess though, true.

She would have been trouble. Cressida wants an acting career and would've always resented Harry if she didn't get a chance to do it. I believe it would've ended in divorce just like his mother and father. Cressida was good in the time being but not true princess material.

She's been shot out again. These latest photos are not her usual. She is not hiding or unhappy.

I'm telling you, SOMETHING IS UP!!!

[snip]

Lots more on Getty Images. Just look how her attitude has changed towards the photographers.

This is NOT normal for her.

Chelsy Davy Pictures & News Photos | Getty Images

I agree, AfricanAussie. :flowers: She's slimmed down and her clothes are even different. Yes, she's fine with the camera and is even playing to the camera. She's proving she has changed and can now handle it. Interesting. :p

" . . . he has to have chased her a bit . . . who knows? We can suppose, but we can't state our opinion as fact. :bang:

My opinion is bothering you too much. Head banging? :ermm: Men chase women. It's a given.

Anyway, Cressida is back with her old boyfriend (apparently) so all are back in their places. You can breath easy. Harry has been saved from the fate of Cressida.

How young is is 'very young'? Cressida is 26 now! Young people can vote, drive, drink, and die for their country before the age of 21. Are they all just too stupid to know what they are doing or, is it just pretty, blonde, rich and trendy lass's dating royals that are 'young' in their mid twenties?

She was younger when she came to Harry. Anyway, not a big deal. How many times have I seen people argue that Princess Diana was a victim of the BRF because of her youth. Guess the same brush cannot be used for Cressida.

Oh well. ;)

Prince William's old flame Jecca Craig is set to marry Prof Jonathan Baillie director of conservation at the Zoological Soc of London.

Nice to hear, good for Jecca.

Yes very good for Jecca! Such a pretty girl.

Side note: (because he was also in the article) James Middleton should make his own line of beard wax, shampoo etc. Maybe that would finally be a business of his that would get off the ground.

Yes very good for Jecca! Such a pretty girl.

Side note: (because he was also in the article) James Middleton should make his own line of beard wax, shampoo etc. Maybe that would finally be a business of his that would get off the ground.

Hahaha! What a great idea!:lol:

I am predicting a wedding attendance in the future by the Cambridges and perhaps some association between the couples with work on conservation. :)

How cool is that eh?

The Princes both seem kind of hands on. Real hands on, so sure that's fine with distance apart, but it would get old and could leave one a little too rough around the edges holding the tip of the iceberg. lol. So, the ex's are ex's. There is only so much one can tolerate and making up for distance might just be the time apart between them that left them all parting ways. 45 minutes without pay is too much for any hard working individual and they all had to work to keep things going, but, it just didn't add up between them. lol. There are just some things some couples cannot tolerate. I have never had interest in either though, either. Too much prestige comes with them and too much limelight.

Last edited:
I think there are instances where even if the flame of romance gets doused, the friendship doesn't ever go away and they still keep in touch and remain friends. It was stated in the article that Jecca's fiance' has worked with William before and William attended Jecca's brother's wedding the same weekend that Peter Phillips married. It sounds like the couples have similar interests.

"The Canadian worked with William on a campaign to save the scaly anteater, which was in danger of being ‘eaten to death’ in its native China."

Read more: Perks of DPP Alison Saunders who let Lord Janner go free | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Back
Top Bottom