Royals Eating & Drinking

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Piqui

Commoner
City
Antwerp
Country
Belgium
Often you see royals at a banquet/ready to have dinner, but does anyone have pics of them actually eating or drinking something?

I heard on TV, regarding Queen Elizabeth, that after camera crews have filmed/photographed the Royals sitting down at a gala dinner they can't do anymore. It said that she hated people to see her eat (which is understandable). So I don't know if it is the same for all other royals too.

Those pics of Mary were taken on their trip to Gronneland, just after her honeymoon.

These are truly funny! I think the more hilarious of all is the one with Queen Sonja eating her hot dog! You must open your motuh really big to eat hot dogs! :popcorn:

Vanesa.

When I saw the caption "Sofia drinking from bottle" I thought you meant Infanta Sofia!

Queen Sonja attempting to eat a hot dog is hilarious! It is like she has never tried one before!!

I actually remember seeing a feature on prince Nicholas of Greece on 60 minutes where it was said he prepared lunch for the crew but didn't allow them to shoot him putting food in his mouth. Guess it is an etiquette thing of sorts.

I have seen dozens of pictures of GD Henri of Luxembourg drinking beer, drawing beer from the tap, toasting with beer... the guy must really enjoy the stuff...

lisamaria said:
I actually remember seeing a feature on prince Nicholas of Greece on 60 minutes where it was said he prepared lunch for the crew but didn't allow them to shoot him putting food in his mouth. Guess it is an etiquette thing of sorts.

I have seen dozens of pictures of GD Henri of Luxembourg drinking beer, drawing beer from the tap, toasting with beer... the guy must really enjoy the stuff...

Yes, it was special. They were talking about Royal Weddings, it was right before Fredrik & Mary's wedding. They also spoke about Felipe & Letizia's up-coming wedding. He said that it was Royal ettiquete to not be filmed eating or drinking or shooting (like out hunting deer or something). I only remember because that's when I found out that Frederik and Felipe were getting married! Let's just say I'd been out of touch with the Royals...LOL!

I read that Queen Sofia only eats vegetables, it´s true??

Yes Enrique, she only eats vegetables!

Enrique said:
I read that Queen Sofia only eats vegetables, it´s true??
I think I read somewhere that she also eats fish.

Yes I believe Queen Sofia is a 'pescatarian'?? Somebody who doesn't eat meat, but eats fish.

exist the word "pescatarian"?, jejeje. I dont know that she eats fish.

...sOfIa.... said:
Yes I believe Queen Sofia is a 'pescatarian'?? Somebody who doesn't eat meat, but eats fish.

Well...Then , I admire her! I'm also a "pescatarian". Not for hate meat. It's only that I find fish more tasteful than meat. And I even think that people in Netherlands just LOVES fish.

Vanesa.

Verde Esmeralda said:

Mary looks a bit surprised at the cameras. It's funny seeing her eat, because we probably wouldn't see her eating in public today.

Of course you would, and 'we' have.

During the Australian Tour of 2005 and again during their more recent visit in late 2006. Photo's taken at cafes and the like :)

Madame Royale said:
Of course you would, and 'we' have.

During the Australian Tour of 2005 and again during their more recent visit in late 2006. Photo's taken at cafes and the like :)

Oh, sorry! I meant like, official photos! I guess I didn't specify that!:blush: I'm really embarrassed now! But sure, if she's out and about she has to eat.

She also will probably be more elegant, not stuffing her mouth like that.:)

acdc1 said:
Oh, sorry! I meant like, official photos! I guess I didn't specify that!:blush: I'm really embarrassed now! But sure, if she's out and about she has to eat.

She also will probably be more elegant, not stuffing her mouth like that.:)

That's perfectly ok, acdc1 :flowers: Truly no need to feel embarrassed.

Sorry for my "pescatarian" comment...I mistook Queen Sophia with Queen Beatrix...since the last one was eating fish too...

Vanesa.

acdc1 said:
Mary looks a bit surprised at the cameras. It's funny seeing her eat, because we probably wouldn't see her eating in public today.

What I don't know is when that pic was taken, I presume she was still a "commoner". Does anyone know? Thanks! :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom